CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Tubbs in on loan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A month seems a strange arrangement. But at least its another body on board
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope he does well and stays untill the end of the season.
(Its got to be fate that he bangs in the winning goal away at Rotherham.)

Anyway I will be looking forward to Sunday, not that I think we will win, but he is bound to be on the bench and come on for a late cameo. That should raise the mood. Laughing

(Lets hope we can get past Bristol Rovers and Birmingham if we can that should give us enough to pay his wages for the rest of the season.)
matcowdrey
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really not sure about this one.

On his last stint with us he was undoubtably an increadible player for us and his record in our promotion season speaks for itself.

With hindsight, for him the move to Bournemouth was badly timed with the sudden influx of cash and bigger players combined with surgery limiting his appearances.

I honestly hoped that the loan spell at Rotherham would help him find his form again, but it would appear that he failed to impress in the games he had. I know over half of his appearances were from the bench, but one goal in 10 starts isn't good for Matt.

I want to think that he can do his magic for us again, but I'm afraid I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong, I desperately want him to succeed. But based on what we saw of him when he came back with Rotherham earlier this year I'm not putting my mortgage on it.

I'm really not sure that this was a loan deal of Gregory's choosing either which may impact the number (or length) of chances he gets. I certainly don't think he'll be the only striker we bring in during the window.

It's interesting that much noise has been made from Mr pottinger about this being the signing "the fans wanted" rather than Gregory coming out and saying that it was a player he wanted. I even think that Gregory's words on teh press release are very subdued and carefully chosen.

Pehaps I'm seeing ghosts that aren't there, but all of this looks far more like a decision made by some with the heart rather than the head.
Hamilton Hamster
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 34

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we have the option of a permanent deal or extension of the initial loan according to JG.
d_c_bryan
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cynics say that it gives CTFC a great chance of clearing out the rest of the stock of replica shirts at half price with 'TUBBS' on the back of them.
However, makes our games with Wolves even more appealing and should get close to a full house with Tubbs playing. Cue the cynics again... extra revenue because of a trophy signing will pay his loan fee.
All said and done, I'm really hoping he'll link up well with his strike partner (Alexander would be my choice - in the mould of McAllister), score a few and stay longer.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tubbsy is in a no win situation. If he performs like we hope he will, the same ole Tubbsy, then we will love him just as we already do. BUT, if he doesn' t perform, our wonderful memories will be slightly tarnished. Tubbsy was THE MAN at the right time for him and for us. He was in a team that played to accomodate his style. We have seen when he has played against us what happens when he is in a team that does not accomodate his style.Bournemoth don't want him and Rotherham don't want him. I wonder why JG and DP think that if he isn't good enough for them he is good enough for us. As much as I love Tubbsy, I think this move is a mistake. Can you imagine how we will all feel if he shows that he isn't up to it this time?
I hope I'm wrong.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Matt.

Come back and do your thing. Stand on the shoulder of the slowest defender, don't let the defenders hang around with the ball and bang in a few goals.

I have been having bets with myself about who you will be up front with and I reckon it could work with any of them but you and Billy might be a little on the short side.

Jim Baker
UpTheCherries
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The loan is certainly with a view to something longer, probably a half season loan.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't understand all the negativity.

Ok - maybe MT isn't what he was anymore. But surely he deserves the chance to play again, simply for what he did for us in the past.

And if after a month. if he doesn't cut it then all it costs us is a months wages. We have had others for years drawing a good wage for doing nothing.

On a strictly business basis, it's a win-win situation. Even if he was half the player he was, he'd still be better than some we have at the moment.
Curt_CTFC
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to JG interview it is a loan with a view to and extension and he said even a permanent deal.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:

Ok - maybe MT isn't what he was anymore. But surely he deserves the chance to play again, simply for what he did for us in the past.

And if after a month. if he doesn't cut it then all it costs us is a months wages. We have had others for years drawing a good wage for doing nothing.

On a strictly business basis, it's a win-win situation. Even if he was half the player he was, he'd still be better than some we have at the moment.

hello2 salut
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The secret of his previous success here was that other players knocked the ball down for him to score.

Will our existing players do the same for him. Sergio and Bullman will have no problem but the likeness of Sinclair and Proctor I have my doubts.

At least if he hasn't moved house he will see more of his family.

Cool
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the long term weather forecast,he will probably only get two appearances in the month!!!
Seriously though,welcome back Tubbsy.I don't understand the cynicism and negativity here at all.If he impresses again,then fantastic for us,and for him.If it doesn't work out then so what,he will still leave us as a player with a better ratio than a goal every other game.
This is a move that most have been crying out for for a good long while.
Let's embrace the return of a truely gifted player at lower league level.

I can feel a song coming on:
Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah,
Matty Matty Tubbs,Matty Tubbs,Matty Matty Tubbs.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure we can lose by this, he worked much harder than Sinclair and with Sinclair hardly scoring a goal ( also for that read Proctor) he cannot do any worse on that score either. Hope he does very well but expect him to at least chip in with some goals and make opposing defences work a bit harder!
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:

hello2
Dead right we cant loose its a win-win no brainer.
Maybe JG isnt 100 percent, he has never seen Tubbs play. But I think he is fair enough and open minded enough (and desperate enough) to give him a fair chance. And if Matt still has it, he will convert him. If he doesnt he has layed a ghost which has haunted our club since he was sold.

Also imagine its 0-0 on Sunday and he brings Tubbs on. That simple move will almost certainly lift the crowd and volume of support and with it the whole team. Its like bring two men on.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: