CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Swindon Town game OFF

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birdmansr71
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Swindon Town game OFF
Event: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:00 am

Game's off, failed pitch inspection
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MATCH OFF.

Confirmed on Swindon forum and by groundstaff tweets.

Sorry folks.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is going to be a real fixture pile up now. Sat reply must be doubtful as well. Looks like two games a week for the foreseeable future.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
There is going to be a real fixture pile up now. Sat reply must be doubtful as well. Looks like two games a week for the foreseeable future.

Gutted for those that made the journey. At least the transfer window is open now, and JG can bring in some much needed reinforcements. We're gonna need them, as you say we'll probably be playing twice a week for the foreseeable.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised could hold swiming gala on most pitches
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, fixture congestion here we're come.

Ah well, hopefully you can all take solace in the fact that I made a last minute decision not to travel so I am at home with my hang over and a cup of tea feeling a little smug.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far this season we've played 27 games, plus 75 mins of another, in 5 months. We've currently 24 games scheduled for the next 4 months.

It seems we've had a fixture pile-up all season. Razz
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point made Peter.

what I am more concerned with is when you get a momentum going as a team and there s a gap fr whatever reason i.e. weather you dont always get that same momentum going again. I think we have seen some small signs of a momentum in te rioght direction fuelled by the managerial change and wold not like to lose the impetus that appears to have started. We are not that clear of relegation and that remains a concen. I havent analysed who we have left to play but number games suggests a good mix - the final run in could prove pivital as to whether we limp ove rth final hudle and survice the drop. I think we will but the best (that in itself is arguable in circumstances) sides dont always avoid the drop. As mentioned by many a proven capable goal scorer would be a massive key in surviving the season and starting in same division next season
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
good point made Peter.

what I am more concerned with is when you get a momentum going as a team and there s a gap fr whatever reason i.e. weather you dont always get that same momentum going again. I think we have seen some small signs of a momentum in te rioght direction fuelled by the managerial change and wold not like to lose the impetus that appears to have started. We are not that clear of relegation and that remains a concen. I havent analysed who we have left to play but number games suggests a good mix - the final run in could prove pivital as to whether we limp ove rth final hudle and survice the drop. I think we will but the best (that in itself is arguable in circumstances) sides dont always avoid the drop. As mentioned by many a proven capable goal scorer would be a massive key in surviving the season and starting in same division next season

We have to play everyone in the league once so there isn't really much analysis to be done!
martin(crawley)
Coach
Coach

Topics: 67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
good point made Peter.

Spellcheck!!!!
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad thing being off today given amount of games this time of year and a few injured players more time to recover. With rovers not playing 3 games in a week would have been a leveller.

Who knows we may even have new players by the time we meet Swindon.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

far2jammy wrote:
Not a bad thing being off today given amount of games this time of year and a few injured players more time to recover. With rovers not playing 3 games in a week would have been a leveller.

The downside is Billy will still be suspended for the trip to Birmingham, should we get past Bristol Rovers on Saturday. Today would have been his second game of his three game ban.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
far2jammy wrote:

The downside is Billy will still be suspended for the trip to Birmingham, should we get past Bristol Rovers on Saturday. Today would have been his second game of his three game ban.

Unless it gets called off on Saturday too and your perfectly reasonable expectations of date revisions are met.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: