CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

FAC2R rearranged date
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durlston wrote:
I've kept my ticket stub (which has got soaked in the torrential rain)....

That is now worth 2 quid off a burger sunbeam.... we bloomin' spoil ya..! Surprised

Durlston wrote:
The club have got to be careful how they treat floating fans.

Blimey... was the weather that bad..? Very Happy
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durlston wrote:
I can't make the rearranged date on Saturday 4th January 2014 now as I'm away.

I can make the rearranged date, but now if we get through I won't be able to go to Birmingham as it's on the following Tuesday and I'll be working. It sucks. Still, that's football. The weather can play havoc with it sometimes.

I only quoted the first part of your post, as for the rest of it you're just sulking like a stroppy teenager.
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
There is only one fit & proper solution.... free hot-dog on production of a ticket stub from last nights game..!

Laughing

Merry Christmas chaps..!

ps. will we now know the potential 4th round opponent before the 3rd round match is played...?

Can I have ketchup if I bring my Crystal Palace ticket stub?
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray wrote:
notso wrote:
Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
5 for adults and 3 for kids should only be for those who made the effort to go tonight.

Why should the people who chose not to come and watch it on TV get in for a fiver.

We were there tonight in the worst weather I have ever seen for football in real life and on TV , we should at least be given some respect from the club.

Those stay at home fair weather fans should pay the 14 like we did tonight

Sort it out Crawley directors, you are losing our respect very quickly !!!!!

There were also many people I'm sure like me who were going to come last night but got stuck at work trying to meet year-end targets. I'm more than happy about the new prices.

I know it is a disappointment for the supporters that turn up last night but I can really say that am delighted with the result. When the date was originally announced (for a Tuesday night) I was looking forward to going. Then, to my disappointment it was changed to a Wednesday night, a night I could not make. Now I can go and watch the game. I see it as "you win some, you loose some". I couldn't even watch it on the TV as I don't have BT sport.

Other way around for me Smile . I couldn't have made Tuesday but was delighted when the TV caused it to be on Wednesday. I will have a busy work day on 4/1 but will find a way because I want to see how it unfolds.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:
thad wrote:
There is only one fit & proper solution.... free hot-dog on production of a ticket stub from last nights game..!

Condiments of the seasoning to you Pedlar. Confused
sussexcheer
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 discount in Redz on production of last night's ticket stub :-S
JB
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durlston wrote:

I've kept my ticket stub (which has got soaked in the torrential rain) but I don't suppose there's any chance of a refund. What a shambles. This club is still being run as if it's non-league.

As for watching 76 minutes of 'football' - really? It was like Sunday morning park stuff.

In the non-league days, there wouldnt have been any ticket stubs! Wink
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durlston wrote:
Simon wrote:
Durlston wrote:

I've kept my ticket stub (which has got soaked in the torrential rain) but I don't suppose there's any chance of a refund. What a shambles. This club is still being run as if it's non-league.

Why would you get a refund?

Would you go to the cinema and not be able to see the end of the film because there was a powercut? Would you go to a restaurant, pay for a three-course meal and only be able to have a starter and main course?

I honestly don't know why I bothered. A very wet Wenesday night a week before Christmas. Wasted money at a very expensive time of year. The club have got to be careful how they treat floating fans.

You knew before going that the club's policy was not to offer refunds when games are abandoned (clearly stated in the club's customer charter).

You knew before going that the weather forecast was horrendous, and there is always a risk of games not going the distance in such circumstances.

So why did you go?

This is the same policy used by professional clubs up and down the country so I don't see what being "run as if it's non-league" is supposed to mean.

The weather was outside the club's control but they did their best to get the game played. If you were having a three course meal in a restaurant and you didn't get the desert because of say a power cut, would you seriously expect to pay nothing for what you had eaten? Even if it was outside the resaurant's control?

With admission at a fiver for the rearranged game, people will be able to see both the abandoned and rearranged game for almost the same cost as a regular league game (less if you were in the West Stand). That doesn't sound like the club ripping people off to me. Plus a 2 discount off food/drink as well. Once costs, VAT and the FA/away team share are taken into account I doubt the club will be making much on 4th January.

Some people are never happy.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage wrote:
What about those of us who couldn't get out of work tonight but will be able to make the rearranged date - should we be penalised with a higher ticket price then those who went?

Yes
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:
thad wrote:

Laughing

Merry Christmas chaps..!

ps. will we now know the potential 4th round opponent before the 3rd round match is played...?

You may as well because unless things have changed since my last visit,there won't be any onions.
I like many onions,ask Ian.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
But it held water for other clubs to do it. Fair enough. Sure I remembered stewards etc there for the replay.

Maybe Arsenal have deeper pockets?

I'd rather spend money on decent players than stewards, other staff, heating, lighting, water etc.

Maybe it's just me.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durlston wrote:
Simon wrote:
Durlston wrote:

Would you go to the cinema and not be able to see the end of the film because there was a powercut? Would you go to a restaurant, pay for a three-course meal and only be able to have a starter and main course?

I honestly don't know why I bothered. A very wet Wenesday night a week before Christmas. Wasted money at a very expensive time of year. The club have got to be careful how they treat floating fans.

*beep* hell, lets have a whip round to give this poor *beep* 16/90ths of his 14 back. We could even round it up to 2.50!

You'd probably still moan that you missed out on potential injury time too
Rolling Eyes

'Fans' eh, who'd 'ave 'em
TD Crawley
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: nwmlhkkikkkkkuiukkkkik Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
thad wrote:
josefk wrote:
Cost me a lot in the long run as 9 months later my eldest lad was born because of the early night needing some climax.

This news opens up a limitless opportunity for double-entendre... (Seasman, clean sheets, should've gone up the Arsenal, he shoots he scores...etc)...

...but spare a thought for the psychological impact this will have on Josef's offspring..? If only George Graham had put another shilling in the meter...! Shocked

Glad you spotted my very little bit of wit Thad. It's a true story though which now he's older we rib him about. (Though to protect myself against allegations of lying my wife reminded me it was against Wimbledon and not palace but at selhurst, keep forgetting the friendliness here).

And I got a freebie replay.
    josefk
    First Team
    First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
    josefk wrote:
    But it held water for other clubs to do it. Fair enough. Sure I remembered stewards etc there for the replay.

Maybe Arsenal have deeper pockets?

I'd rather spend money on decent players than stewards, other staff, heating, lighting, water etc.

Maybe it's just me.

Must be you. Arsenal only visited selhurst so maybe it was Wimbledon with deeper pockets. Never been to an abandoned game at Highbury so wouldn't know their attitude towards it but this is my first time being asked to pay twice, whether it be a fiver or five hundred, sorry it's so outrageous.

As for the fans bit I honestly don't know if I'm a fan. I spend a lot of money and enjoy the company of those around me but my main reasons for going is to spend time with my boys. I started to get strong feelings for the club but that was taken apart last season and during the recent closed one. Don't think I'll ever get to the level of how I used to be when we got married on a Friday as the fixtures list wasn't out when we booked.

Don't suppose it matters really as long as my hand is in the pocket, fan or customer.
    Paulc222
    Assistant Manager
    Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
    Durlston wrote:
    Simon wrote:
    Durlston wrote:

*beep* hell, lets have a whip round to give this poor *beep* 16/90ths of his 14 back. We could even round it up to 2.50!

You'd probably still moan that you missed out on potential injury time too
    Rolling Eyes

'Fans' eh, who'd 'ave 'em

Looks like you've got a calculator too Smile

And there probably would have been extra time plus penalties.
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
    Page 4 of 7

Jump to: