CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

John Gregory
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rh20devil
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was manager at derby county when mr dunford was chief executive there? Could be the connection?
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rh20devil wrote:
Was manager at derby county when mr dunford was chief executive there? Could be the connection?

Guess we might well find out soon enough......

Ben
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure this is going to happen ...still think Damian Mathew will get the job.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Not sure this is going to happen ...still think Damian Mathew will get the job.

Random one to throw in there.Indeed a highly rated coach....but do you know something that we don't?
Ross
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 157

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from another forum.

Quote:
Got relegated with one Israeli club then was sacked at the next with that club looking like going down... Before scraping survival in the Kazakh league then getting the boot... Not a great recent track record at all and his entire career record has seen him relegated with Derby and sacked multiple times.

Most other fans in this league seem to be delighted with the thought of him taking over.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the rush.?
The club should get in all the applications and start the interviewing process before appointing anyone.
I'm sure MH and GA are cable of taking charge of team affairs for the next few weeks.I hope the board take their time over this and don't rush into a panicked appointment .Its probably the most important managerial decision in the clubs history this one.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will go for a young coach who is highly regarded for the style of football he plays and bringing on young players. Someone familiar with the younger talent in and around london area.

You have to remember the player we will be recruiting are not established pros.

I think one area the club felt Barker struggled was player recruitment and they will one someone who has a sound knowledge of younger players in this localality.

Damien Matheew fits the bill.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not convinced about John Gregory but I suppose than any manager who was already convincing would be out of our price range. I'll get behind him of course. It's best that any new manager does not feel flattered by the appointment. It's also better if they don't have the "this'll do for a little while" attitude. I suspect that Gregory would be about right on both counts.
Although I was more satisfied with Barker than most, I always felt that he gave himself away when regarding us as a springboard. In interviews he would sometimes use "they" rather than "we" about the club. Those subliminal thoughts have a nasty habit of being spoken in error. I wasn't particularly happy with the "they must have flaws because they play for Crawley". For pity's sake. We know this - but the manager is just about the last person who should be saying it publicly. Apart from that, does it not follow that the manager must also have flaws because he's managing Crawley? Wouldn't it be better to say "We must have flaws because we are in league one."?
Of course players and managers, just like the rest of us, are looking to better themselves. No problem with that. However, it becomes a problem when this desire distracts unduly from the here and now.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it is Gregory's agent putting it about that Crawley are interested in the hope of landing one of the "bigger fish" that are now looking for a new manager. Hopefully that is the case, although if he did come to us it might raise the profile, for a short while at least (possibly in the wrong way though!).
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe we are seriously considering Gregory. Has been out of management in the UK for about 7 years and his experiences in Israel and Kazakhstan (!!) haven't exactly been a roaring success.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/crawley/next-permanent-manager

Now at 1/20 with Bet Victor at the moment. Shocked
GillsMan
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The betting odds tell me that his appointment is inevitable. TBH, this is a big shame for me. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't see what JG will give us that will improve the team.

That said, he did once threaten to shoot Dwight Yorke, so he might instill a bit of fear in the team. I do prefer suited managers to tracksuit managers as well. Struggling to think of any more positives here.
Mr.T.
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please god NO!
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I am convinced, the fit doesn't seem right.
He is experienced, no doubt of that but he must be my age, I can remember him playing at Brighton about 30 years ago.
I would question whether he has he the ambition, enthusiasm, and stamina to ressurect his career at Crawley ? He may think he has but I still feel I am 21 but it doesnt mean I am. I am not being ageist but he isnt getting any younger.
However on the plus side his undoubted experience may make up for that and I cant see him moving on quickly so it might give us stability.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a reasonable option. Not sure we are flushed with choices in any case. Big contrast to RB in terms of experience and ambition so more likely to try things out and be less sensitive. Could also be the front door for investment backers?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: