CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


SoccerAM fans of the day
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: SoccerAM fans of the day Reply with quote

They are after Crawley Town fans for Saturday 7th September.

https://www.facebook.com/SoccerAM

Apply here => http://www1.skysports.com/watc.....ans-appeal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: SoccerAM fans of the day Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
They are after Crawley Town fans for Saturday 7th September.

https://www.facebook.com/SoccerAM

Apply here => http://www1.skysports.com/watc.....ans-appeal


Triple r should go on Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 4263
Topics: 129
Location: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: SoccerAM fans of the day Reply with quote

Astral Voyager wrote:
Peter wrote:
They are after Crawley Town fans for Saturday 7th September.

https://www.facebook.com/SoccerAM

Apply here => http://www1.skysports.com/watc.....ans-appeal


Triple r should go on Smile


Yeah, that'll be three seats filled at least.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be nice & timely to promote El Scorchio's book too..!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gatwickred
First Team
First Team


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 1219
Topics: 235

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a song about big John has to be done and some of our fans and players will know why thats all i am saying Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GillsMan
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Last Visit: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 508
Topics: 23
Location: Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatwickred wrote:
a song about big John has to be done and some of our fans and players will know why thats all i am saying Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually, I never did get the origin of that song for BJA. Anyone care to enlighten me?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 30 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 4033
Topics: 228

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GillsMan wrote:
Gatwickred wrote:
a song about big John has to be done and some of our fans and players will know why thats all i am saying Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually, I never did get the origin of that song for BJA. Anyone care to enlighten me?


love3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: SoccerAM fans of the day Reply with quote

lochislair wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
Peter wrote:
They are after Crawley Town fans for Saturday 7th September.

https://www.facebook.com/SoccerAM

Apply here => http://www1.skysports.com/watc.....ans-appeal


Triple r should go on Smile


Yeah, that'll be three seats filled at least.


Whatever are you on about!!? wave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
josefk
First Team
First Team


Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Last Visit: 09 Sep 2017
Posts: 1090
Topics: 15
Location: West Stand A90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, though I doubt it, we could be the first club to have more class fans than those who jump, cheer and sing on queue at the click of someone else's fingers making you look like a bunch of simpletons. Doubt it, the desire today of 15 seconds of tv time is too great a pull, they could do a two for one deal and let people go on Jeremy Kyle afterwards.

Performing seals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
Maybe, though I doubt it, we could be the first club to have more class fans than those who jump, cheer and sing on queue at the click of someone else's fingers making you look like a bunch of simpletons. Doubt it, the desire today of 15 seconds of tv time is too great a pull, they could do a two for one deal and let people go on Jeremy Kyle afterwards.

Performing seals.

Couldn't agree more Josef...

I hate the way that the media use an outdated stereotype lowest-common-denominator zigga-zagga shorthand to pigeonhole all football fans... and SoccerAm/Sky are the absolute worst at it.. still stuck in a laddish larrikin mode that ceased being funny sometime in the early nineties.

And if someone wants to read that out on the show they are very welcome..!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team


Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Last Visit: 25 May 2017
Posts: 856
Topics: 5
Location: Location, Location

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Couldn't agree more Josef...

I hate the way that the media use an outdated stereotype lowest-common-denominator zigga-zagga shorthand to pigeonhole all football fans... and SoccerAm/Sky are the absolute worst at it.. still stuck in a laddish larrikin mode that ceased being funny sometime in the early nineties.

And if someone wants to read that out on the show they are very welcome..!


A group of us should go on in black jeans, black turtlenecks and berets and just recite poetry whenever they ask us to chant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Dec 2017
Posts: 4141
Topics: 51
Location: Ifield, Crawley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadfield Dave wrote:
thad wrote:
Couldn't agree more Josef...

I hate the way that the media use an outdated stereotype lowest-common-denominator zigga-zagga shorthand to pigeonhole all football fans... and SoccerAm/Sky are the absolute worst at it.. still stuck in a laddish larrikin mode that ceased being funny sometime in the early nineties.

And if someone wants to read that out on the show they are very welcome..!


A group of us should go on in black jeans, black turtlenecks and berets and just recite poetry whenever they ask us to chant.


Doubtlessly discussing Cartesian Dualism eh Thad ... Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
Broadfield Dave wrote:
thad wrote:
Couldn't agree more Josef...

I hate the way that the media use an outdated stereotype lowest-common-denominator zigga-zagga shorthand to pigeonhole all football fans... and SoccerAm/Sky are the absolute worst at it.. still stuck in a laddish larrikin mode that ceased being funny sometime in the early nineties.

And if someone wants to read that out on the show they are very welcome..!


A group of us should go on in black jeans, black turtlenecks and berets and just recite poetry whenever they ask us to chant.


Doubtlessly discussing Cartesian Dualism eh Thad ... Wink

Is that the dualism of Sue & Ian Carter Phil...?

Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 25 May 2017
Posts: 4770
Topics: 293

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes beatnicks-takes me back a while! I remember them reciting "poetry" to the sound of bongos. Those were the days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out.” ― Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Yes it would be flippin' great to subvert the entire clapped-out genre... we will have to start planning now for next time the invitation is forthcoming..!

All of which is rather ironic as Luther Blissett is a cult hero amongst European anarchists: "Anyone can be Luther Blissett simply by adopting the name Luther Blissett" is a manifesto quote from... er... Luther Blissett

So when asked for your names guys... you are all "Luther Blissett"..!Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit