CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Wolverhampton Wanderers matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back into the country and turn the radio on and we are 1-0 down. If it had stayed like that I would have said not great but not bad.

But to score at the end and then lose is heartbreaking.

Gutted. I will not pass judgement but I worry if losing leads etc could have a bad effect on morale.

I hope RB can pick 'em up after this. Posh next. Another tough, tough game and one I don't expect anything from.

Good effort lads. Heads up up.

Jim Baker
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatbear wrote:
RRR

I can only presume you were not watching the game, or if you were then you are a total cretin

But then I don't think I am the first to make such a suggestion
like i said i saw no reason to say we were unlucky you make your own luck and we didnt do wnough nearly doesnt win matches or in this occasion get you a draw ok to Barkers credit we threw it all forward in the substitution move BUT he should been screaming ike evns and raynor wood been to tighte up no mistakes when they came at up late on, did he?
Red Square
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant tonight just brilliant! A great performance especially in the 2nd half, completely gutted, it was a home decision thats for sure!

Thought Nicky adams was great again and deserved MOM we reacted well to going behind and when we finally scored it was a great team goal!

On this performance it bodes well for the season that we can compete and play well against the best teams.

Barker has got us playing some nice football and once it clicks then i think we will do well.
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deserved a point, shouldn't be giving away penalties so late on, the movement of the arm gave it away.

If we can play with that desire will be good for us but if we go back to the way we played last week it'll be tough going.
GillsMan
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 23

Red, Red & Red wrote:
GillsMan wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
not happy we woudve scored more had jamie playd not gary alexander. so back to back defeats. we are often sleepy at start of games and also second half something RB has failed to address!

How do you know? Answer: you don't. Clueless.
how do you know we wouldnt hve clueless like Barker.

nearly isnt good enough nearly doest win games lets hope we dont hear more excuses post match from barker

I don't know that he wouldn't have. But then I didn't profess to know either. My crystal ball isn't working today.

In Barker we trust. He's got a lot of experience in football and I trust his management. Look at the budget difference between the two clubs, you can't even compare them, and we've walked away with a narrow loss and a great performance.

Why do you constantly slate Barker? He's led us to our highest ever finish (admittedly by default), got us playing good football, and we're competing at this level. He brings an awful lot to the team. Whereas you...you can't even write a coherent sentence.

Oh what's the point. That's the thing about arguing with idiots: they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Please bring in an ignore function to this forum to allow us to ignore the cretinous drivel of certain users.

Last edited by GillsMan on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
bandy1954
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 66

The lads were fantastic. To be honest I expected 3-0 to wolves. We really put them under pressure and nearly got a point. Looking at it , it was a peno alright, just no luck at all. We have a big favour coming from Lady Luck after this tonight.
Anyone who criticises them tonight is a pr1k
fatbear
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first started watching Crawley there were the equivalent of 8 divisions between us and Wolves.

And some twats still complain when we underserved lose to them at Molyneaux in a league match. Incredible really.....
paul v
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought we played really well tonight and the team should be proud of their display just a pity kylie's brain seem to go walkabouts (wolves as I could see, only had one player anywhere near the six yard box from the pen cross)
sussexcheer
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, we played brilliantly tonight. I had shamefully predicted 3-1 defeat and so viewed anything better than that to be positive but to come so close to a draw leaves me feeling disappointed for the team after they truly did so well.
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice comments on the Wolves forum. Didn't emerge with any points but at least a lot of credit:

Quote:
"you have to give HUGE credit to Crawley, were a real pleasure to watch and had some lovely passing moves around our goal, including teh one that led to the goal! But - $#@! me that was exciting!"

"So many of our fans expected them to be an pushover as "it's Crawley" but they made a fantastic account of themselves. Their manager has come across very well, too."

"He [Barker] said they gave us too much respect for the first 10 minutes and were then the better team. Hard to argue with him, really."

"As much as anything though we have to admire how Crawley played, I think pretty much everyone on here underestimated them but I was thoroughly impressed. Everyone has said the League 1 standard was dreadful but I think that was a pretty good match to watch."
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We played really well after a dodgy first 15 mins when they could have been out of sight. Fully deserved the equaliser and a choker to concede so quickly although having watched it about 10 times on TV I did think it was a penalty.

We matched them all the way, bearing in mind their support is about 5x ours and they have plenty of parachute money it was a really good effort.

The only thing I would say is its great to play attractive football but at some point you have to convert to points. We had the best chances but lack a forward who can put them away.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb performance, great advert for the club, maybe some will see we do have a decent team in Crawley, but dont hold your breath. We played it on the floor all evening (unlike Saturday) and refreshing to see, they were a bit lucky with the pen as it went straight under the keeper.
As for Gary A. he does some fine link up play or passing the ball with his chest but some of his control is so poor. But with a bit more calmness in front of goal we could have won that!
Even Phil Parkinson seems to have forgotten the "Battle of Bradford" and full of praise for our play.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a penalty and its ironic that are best player last year is struggling ..that said anyone who critizes any of the players or manager so far this season is totally out of order .. We are playing superb football this year and tonight was magnificent ...if Kyle can get his fitness and mind back to last years form and Marshall the defence we will do well this year.

Given the squad size , transfer embargo , playing budget we are hero's. Doyle and Sako earn more than our entire squad each month.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatbear wrote:
When I first started watching Crawley there were the equivalent of 8 divisions between us and Wolves.

And some twats still complain when we underserved lose to them at Molyneaux in a league match. Incredible really.....

Christ,you must be old!
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach

Topics: 111

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
fatbear wrote:

Christ,you must be old!

He's Grandaddy bear Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: