CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Wolverhampton Wanderers matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say "no action". It's not as if he abuses anyone on here. His opinions are often unpopular and usually wrong IMO but those are not grounds for even a yellow card, never mind a straight red.
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't ban someone for being illiterate, opinionated or simply being a wind up merchant. Personally I wish he would go and offer his "support" to someone- anyone- else, and I have no doubt that his idiocy is pushing people away from the forum, but he isn't abusive and we live in a democracy.

Mind you, on that basis we may need to simply start up a new forum and leave him here to argue with himself!
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatbear wrote:
When I first started watching Crawley there were the equivalent of 8 divisions between us and Wolves.

And some twats still complain when we underserved lose to them at Molyneaux in a league match. Incredible really.....

I don't think there has ever been that much gap (6 is the most I can count - late 70's early 80's when the Conference was first formed, we were SL Div 1 and Wolves were top flight), but your point still stands. Who would have thought back in them days that we would be playing Wolves off their own park in a league match?
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone actually know RRR personally...surely he can't be like this in real life ?
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Parachute payments do seem unfair on the face of it. However, unless there is a change in the rules governing player (and possibly other staff)contracts, getting rid of such payments could make a club go broke after relegation.
Consider the case of players who refuse to be transferred (as is their right if they are under contract) who are playing in front of much smaller crowds but are being paid the same money.
I'm wondering if there needs to be wage downgrading written into contracts in the event of relegation. I know it happens at some clubs but is there a case for making this compulsory? Would it even be legal to compel clubs to include such clauses?
Perhaps it could be engineered by lower basic pay but bigger bonuses?

Have it as you say as part of the contract, i.e. League one pay for League 1 work, not league 2 work or let the clubs go bust. Having a club operate on Championship money in league one for failing in the Championship is, and not just on the face of it, unfair. how much better would Crawley and many other clubs already in League one do with the amount given in a parachute payments for them to use?

as for RR&R if we are going to get rid of people just for being stupid then crawley and many other places wouldn't half be empty.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Does anyone actually know RRR personally...surely he can't be like this in real life ?

I thought we'd decided that RRR was more than one person?

I would be against banning him, he is entitled to his opinions however they differ from the rest of us.

I tend not to read his posts, until I see someone else post "RRR has a point...." Wink
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the game, I thought our best midfielder was Josh - and also our poorest defender.

Fadz needs to get his head sorted. He cleared a few great headers, and marked Tubbs out of the game last week, but there is definitely something not right. Too much arguing from him.

What I thought was great was when the goal was scored we had FIVE men in the box! (And a sixth just outside.... ?) That is an attacking formation.

All credit (sorry RRR Wink) to Barker for the tactics. We started with 2 strikers and at the end had 3. We played some great football, were unlucky that instinct led to Kyle giving away the penalty, but again defensive errors cost. A sole striker in the box should not score with three defenders around him. And poor finishing cost us the game.

The performance against a team with Championship players - and full internationals in it - was stunning. What an advert for League 1.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the 'sort out barker' brigade be banned while we're at it.
bandy1954
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 66

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
notso wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
bandy1954 wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
Too lightweight for playing against Wolves. Should have been on the bench fishing

You are a *beep* with a comment like that. One of our best players in years

Look at the timing of my post you humourless fool. It was just after he scored. I was having a little pop at those who call him lightweight.
Sorry to note that you can only read in one dimension

I can't believe that someone bit hook, line and sinker Laughing

I still haven't worked out if it was me or the Bandy one though Smile

You caught me alright! Smile
But there are some on here who are never satisfied though
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Parachute payments do seem unfair on the face of it. However, unless there is a change in the rules governing player (and possibly other staff)contracts, getting rid of such payments could make a club go broke after relegation.
Consider the case of players who refuse to be transferred (as is their right if they are under contract) who are playing in front of much smaller crowds but are being paid the same money.
I'm wondering if there needs to be wage downgrading written into contracts in the event of relegation. I know it happens at some clubs but is there a case for making this compulsory? Would it even be legal to compel clubs to include such clauses?

Funny how professional football survived for well over 100 years without any parachute payments - I don't recall many clubs going broke as a consequence then.

It's all a consequence of the gap between the haves and the have nots and basically enables bigger and bigger wages to be funnelled into foreign signings.

No wonder England teams at all levels are so dire.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:

Funny how professional football survived for well over 100 years without any parachute payments - I don't recall many clubs going broke as a consequence then.

It's all a consequence of the gap between the haves and the have nots and basically enables bigger and bigger wages to be funnelled into foreign signings.

If parachute payments were ever to be abolished/reduced (can't see it myself), there would need to be a 3 or 4 year notice period so that clubs could stop making bigger contract commitments several years ahead - and to re-word any new contracts that are agreed to in the interim.
You're right. It is a different world now. Wages have skyrocketed and patially fuelled by the parachute payments - though there are plenty of other causes.
josefk
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:

I've put this date on my calendar that we've agreed on a point Very Happy
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apologies if already posted but couldnt see http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-e.....m-23832520 and http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/B.....story.html and http://www.theargus.co.uk/news.....e/?ref=rss (each report says virtually 100% same thing by the way)
Crawley football fans bus attacked in Wolverhampton - lets hope they get the idiots that did this.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
apologies if already posted but couldnt see

Discussed here => http://ctfc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15850
josefk
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
apologies if already posted but couldnt see http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-e.....m-23832520 and http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/B.....story.html and http://www.theargus.co.uk/news.....e/?ref=rss (each report says virtually 100% same thing by the way)
Crawley football fans bus attacked in Wolverhampton - lets hope they get the idiots that did this.

Now I'm amazed. a lucid post, using proper words. Just post like that and people may listen to you instead of just thinking that you're a bit simple.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: