CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Rotherham United matchday thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Site Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 1302

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Rotherham United matchday thread
Event: 17 Aug 2013

Please keep any discussion of today's game against Rotherham United to this thread. Any others may be merged with this one, locked or deleted.

Those unable to get to the game will be able to keep up to date with the action with commentary on Reds Player.

The official site is providing a matchday blog here and text updates via their Twitter account here.

There is also text commentary available from the BBC and Sporting Life courtesy of the Press Association.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23644697
http://www.sportinglife.com/fo.....ham-united
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley 1-0 up at the moment. Mat Sadler credited with the goal on 14 minutes.

Ben
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-1 on 36 minutes. Goal scored from a corner according to updates on Twitter.

Ben (P.S. where is everyone today, am I alone on here?)
seano
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing they're all at the game. Would love to be there but I'm not sure newborns and the terrace mix!
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-2 Final Score, bet Evans will make a big deal of it later on Shocked

Ben
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shocking performance today we got what we deserved

The back 4 were simply aweful but to be fair every crawley player was poor

If we play like that most weeks frankly we will be in a world of trouble
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure every Crawley player was poor I thought the much maligned Mike Jones was MOTM, even when he made a mistake second half he worked to try and get things going, whereas the rest of our midfield was shocking and basically let Rotherham do as they wanted. I also thought with limited service Proctor did ok holding the ball up and trying to bring others into the game - so what happens he gets taken off, Clarke who did nothing stays on and we end up watching us lump the ball forward to give their centre backs some easy heading practice.
We also had the inspired decision to try and get Sergio to change the game -with THREE minutes to play!
Never want to hear again RB coming out with the crap about us playing attractive football, you need also to work to get the ball first and Rotherham were much more hungry for the ball every time. We started on the back foot and never regained any control of the game and their influential players were the ones from League 2 season (Revell, Agard, Pringle for starters).
Also please explain when from corners we dont mark the posts, so why do we need Billy Clarke to go back and clutter the box? One instance where the 8 was coming out to cover Clarke who was halfway back. But Clarke then decides to go back and let there guy stay forward. Result for the first goal nobody marked anybody and they score with a free header.
I dont mind losing and feeling we have played some football and had a go but we were crap!
Jace
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurst was terrible today, appalling touch under pressure and when he bombed forward he never bust a gut to get back in position.
I still don't see why Mike Jones is in ahead of Bulman/Torres, he just seems a bit of a liability in midfield to me, to much tricky and Flicky for me.
We need to make signings in the next two weeks, a right back, a holding central midfield man (assuming that Dannie/Sergio aren't going to get a chance to shine) and a couple of league 1 forwards as our current lot just aren't cutting it this season.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB talking to JB after the game.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1552364
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jace wrote:
Hurst was terrible today, appalling touch under pressure and when he bombed forward he never bust a gut to get back in position.
I still don't see why Mike Jones is in ahead of Bulman/Torres, he just seems a bit of a liability in midfield to me, to much tricky and Flicky for me.
We need to make signings in the next two weeks, a right back, a holding central midfield man (assuming that Dannie/Sergio aren't going to get a chance to shine) and a couple of league 1 forwards as our current lot just aren't cutting it this season.

Maybe because today at least Mike Jones was the only one of our midfield who seemed to really be bothered and spent the whole game working and trying to set up attacks. Simpson and Drury were awful and Adams faded badly after an ok start.
Greg
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 378

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but M Jones flatters to deceive. Yes lots of nice touches but all in central areas and he generally just moves the ball around 5-10 yards going nowhere. He never beats a defender or crosses the ball, and he doesn't tackle back or get stuck in when he needs to.

We were shocking today, a fluke goal from a free kick, otherwise did we have a shot on target? Can't recall Shearer having a shot to save.

And as to the *beep* about us being a great footballing side, we spent most of the second half launching long balls onto their centre backs head then watching as it came 30 yards back towards our own goal.

Rotherham were what you'd expect from an Evans side. Direct and organized, and they created a lot of chances. We were defensively shocking. With Wolves and Peterborough away it could be 4 points from 15, a dreadful start.
allo allo
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 23

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more about Mike Jones being MoM. Worked his socks off and tried to make things happen but didn't just give the ball away if there was nothing on. Definitely worrying about Hurst. He started the defensive shambles for their 2nd goal with his up in the air header in the middle of his own box when all that was needed was a little nod back to Paul Jones.
Drury worked hard but is not a left winger while Adams stuck to his touchline without creating much at all. Can't remember Josh being so ineffective for a long time.
Desire was missing, with only a couple of exceptions.
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was one of the worst Crawley performances I have seen. When our illustious manager put Sergio on with THREE minutes to go I feel he was raising two fingers to the supporters.

Billy Clarke was appalling, Drury is no better than Alexander and Josh Simpson had one of his worst days for a long time.

Evans must have had a laugh at the amount of hoof it and hope, something he has clearly forgotten at Rotherham.
A fairer score would have been 4-1 to Rotherham, they clearly train together and were determined to be first to the ball and very forcefull with it.

Today's performance will have cost Crawley about 500 pay on the day supporters .

Man of the match by far has to be Nicky Adams.

What with the Wolves game moving to friday, two weeks holiday then 4 days in hospital it will be Oct 19th before my next home game. By that time maybe Richie Barker will have pulled his finger out.
hughe_tj
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of knee jerk reactions as usual to a bad result. Personally thought the performance was ok up until the last twenty minutes when that lump Alexander came on for Proctor. Thought the midfield gelled really well in spells and some of the one touch combination play between Drury, Clarke, Adams and Jones was really pleasing on the eye. Feel that man for man we have a really good back four but individual mistakes are getting punished. We are still crying out for a pacey striker with an eye for goal although I personally thought Proctor looked good today.
Felt we lost the game when Proctor came off for Alexander as we were building up a head of steam at that stage. Talking of which, how frustrating it is to see that carthorse Alexander trudging round the field and losing every ball in the air. What a complete waste of time he is. Paul Jones also needs to open his mouth more and talk to his back line. Great shot stopper but needs to command his 6 yard box a lot more let alone the penalty area. All in all, not too dispondent, a lot better football than last season IMHO
AJ
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, when we were in the middle of a spell of pressure, did we stop and make a substation, only for Rotherham to get a respite from which they cleared their lines and had us on the back foot.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: