CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Statement from Susan Carter
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Statement from Susan Carter
Event: 18 Jul 2013

The following was read out at the CTSA AGM this evening.

Quote:
I apologise for being unable to attend your meeting; however, I am sure you will all understand, this last week has thrown up some club issues which need my attention.

I can categorically assure everyone there are no problems at CTFC which anyone needs to be concerned- or worried- about. I understand some people do not like change, especially if it comes as a surprise. However if it is change for the right reasons, then we must all give it our full support but also be ready to recognise if it is not working & not be afraid to correct it. I would also like to believe that the majority of people recognise how much both myself & my colleagues have achieved at the club over the last 3 to 5 years and therefore trust in our judgement- and believe that every decision we make is genuinely in the interest of CTFC, first and foremost.

Although some staff changes have recently been made, all initiatives with the fans will continue, as they are club initiatives. We are actively seeking a new CEO & will make a further statement when that process is complete. We are about to embark on a very exciting season, we are all fully committed to the club and it is very very important they we have your support going forward.

Idle gossip & mistruths- which have no foundation whatsoever- spread across social media networks cause damage to your club and are very demotivating to the Manager and the players, staff & officials of the club, plus the board, shareholders & sponsors. Therefore I would ask you all to speak up for your club, get behind us & letís have a great season.

Thank you for your support.

http://www.ctfcsa.co.uk/2013/c.....an-carter/
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please take note certain posters:

"Idle gossip & mistruths- which have no foundation whatsoever- spread across social media networks cause damage to your club"
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In Sue we trust".

Shirley no one believes any of the guff posted on social networks anyway. I don't know a twit from a bookface but I am sure it is all to do with backstabbing behind palsy walsy postings and so called internet warriors being nasty to each other behind the anonimity of a made up name.

The directors are very successful business people otherwise they would not be able to finance the club. We must trust them unles there is PROOF that we should do otherwise. They have brought us so far and I hope they continue until a new owner is found.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Please take note certain posters:

"Idle gossip & mistruths- which have no foundation whatsoever- spread across social media networks cause damage to your club"

I'm not sure this forum counts as a social network? It's an internet forum. Sue Carter was alluding to some of the crap that gets posted on facebook and twatter.
Again, this is the place where CTFC fans can come and discuss all things CTFC. We don't need anybody's permission. You'll find that most on here are pro-club and pro the owners.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the traditional pace of response in the face of the rapid, wild west of social media is not quick enough. the statement was too slow to arrive
Stephenmansell
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having worked with Sue and Ian Carter and knowing Dave Pottinger quite well, I have no doubt in my mind they will have the best interest of the club in mind whatever decisions they have made or need to make in the future.
They are good business people but more than that they have a real passion for Crawley Town FC. Get behind them, Bruce Winfield did and that is why we have a league one club in Crawley that we can all be proud of.
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephenmansell wrote:
Having worked with Sue and Ian Carter and knowing Dave Pottinger quite well, I have no doubt in my mind they will have the best interest of the club in mind whatever decisions they have made or need to make in the future.
They are good business people but more than that they have a real passion for Crawley Town FC. Get behind them, Bruce Winfield did and that is why we have a league one club in Crawley that we can all be proud of.

Good post Steve, be good to see you back at a game.
Robbie
Coach
Coach

Topics: 111

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephenmansell wrote:

Good post, and very reassuring.
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephenmansell wrote:

Here here! (or hear, hear, never know which one it is)
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you follow your own advice Steve, and get back to the the club that YOU know you belong to. Any "Impediments" to your return must have gone by now with the passage of time. Wink
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
Hope you follow your own advice Steve, and get back to the the club that YOU know you belong to. Any "Impediments" to your return must have gone by now with the passage of time. Wink

I believe the main impediment moved to Yorkshire. And yes Steve, it would be good to see you. The last time I set eyes on you, you were being rather emotional in Old Trafford!
Stephenmansell
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha!

Yes! young James Carter and I had consumed rather a lot of larger and it seemed to be overflowing from our eyes.

What a great day.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all very well, but are you returning to the club?
Good eggs like you should not be absent.
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephenmansell wrote:
Ha ha!

Yes! young James Carter and I had consumed rather a lot of larger and it seemed to be overflowing from our eyes.

What a great day.

I had consumed very little lager and was hardly any different! Then outside i found Jason trying to prevent Paul from jumping in the canal, so depressed was he that we'd lost.

But Mustapha is right, we don't see enough of you.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
That's all very well, but are you returning to the club?
Good eggs like you should not be absent.

Come on Steve, you did a lot of good for the club. You would be more than welcome back, especially on the terraces. Even more so in Redz if you buy me a drink Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: