CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

RB and Taff sign new two-year deals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: RB and Taff sign new two-year deals
Event: 28 May 2013

Posted on the club's Twitter page
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: RB and Taff sign new two-year deals Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
Posted on the club's Twitter page

Now online too http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....83416.aspx

Good move Richie. Nice to see the commitment.
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should please RR&R no end Laughing

Ben
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably this news must mean that the club is not down to its last 50p, RB wouldn't be likely to sign on for 2 years if there was no money being promised, would he ? Confused
Nick Hilton
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: RB and Taff sign new two year deals Reply with quote

I think either way this is good news for the club, either it gives stability and helps some of our existing players to decide to stay or protects the club in the event other bigger clubs come in for him. I think , whatever you think about his tactics and attitude, that it reflects the good work of the management team, not only on the playing side but also in helping to cut the bloated wage structure of the previous duo and blooding some quality youngsters.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TownMeadLeftover wrote:
Presumably this news must mean that the club is not down to its last 50p, RB wouldn't be likely to sign on for 2 years if there was no money being promised, would he ? Confused

He was able to sign a 2 year deal as the club had some cash available after Craig Brewster was let go.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:

He was able to sign a 2 year deal as the club had some cash available after Craig Brewster was let go.

I don't really follow - you mean he would not have been offered a 2 year deal if Brewster was still around and that CB's salary has been used to pay Barker and Williams more?

Or that CB's salary has been offered as extra budget for strengthening the team?
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Peter wrote:

I don't really follow - you mean he would not have been offered a 2 year deal if Brewster was still around and that CB's salary has been used to pay Barker and Williams more?

Or that CB's salary has been offered as extra budget for strengthening the team?

He was let go as due to the financial restructure of the football management team. There was no mention his salary would be going towards the team. No CB salary equals more funds available to pay RB and AW.

Quote:
Chief Executive Richard Low said: "As our supporters know, we are in the process of restructuring our operations and we worked hard to try and keep Craig within the financial structures which now apply to our football management but it was just not possible despite both parties' best efforts

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....88939.aspx
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these deals mean very little these days and no thats not me wishful thinking!
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: RB and Taff sign new two year deals Reply with quote

Nick Hilton wrote:
I think either way this is good news for the club, either it gives stability and helps some of our existing players to decide to stay or protects the club in the event other bigger clubs come in for him. I think , whatever you think about his tactics and attitude, that it reflects the good work of the management team, not only on the playing side but also in helping to cut the bloated wage structure of the previous duo and blooding some quality youngsters.

Can't argue with any of the above.
Now lets see how RB moulds an already decent squad in to a squad that he really can call his own.
Any RB doubters will then be in a better position to judge the bloke on results and performances.
redbug
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was reassuring:

"But we already have a good squad that is capable of further improvement and we will be looking to strengthen it before the season starts."

Last time I counted I think we had a squad of 18!
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbug wrote:
This was reassuring:

"But we already have a good squad that is capable of further improvement and we will be looking to strengthen it before the season starts."

Last time I counted I think we had a squad of 18!

Which is the minimum needed for a league game - 11 + 7 on the bench ...
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, perhaps I didn't say my bit more clearly

What I meant was money promised for him to use on squad wages, not to fund his personal contract
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news. Love him or hate him, he has done a great job this season. He had to deal with coming in a week before the season started, with a squad he didn't know, and had to deal with cutting the budget by a fair amount, all that and we still finished in a brilliant position. Glad he wants to stay, hopefully next season will be just as good as the one we have just had.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see the commitment. We have the management team in place just the squad now.

I do not expect to see any marquee signings but RB has always said he wants to bring on youngsters so let's see who he can bring in and then what he can do with them. The problem with that is he has to keep us in the division while giving the youngsters "progression"

Personally I'd love to see what we have take a step up but I think we some bodies to back up, challenge and take the place of the current players.

Jim Baker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: