CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Retained List
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakie
First Team
First Team

Topics: 55

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Retained List
Event: 30 Apr 2013

From OS

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....jUJ2g0p.99

Quote:
Update with the manager

Manager Richie Barker has confirmed that striker Lateef Elford-Alliyu and Shaun Cooper have left the club after their contracts expired at the end of the season.

Lateef joined Reds after he was released by Bury in January and made seven appearances as a substitute.

Richie said: “Lateef didn’t get the opportunities he perhaps deserved because of the form of our other strikers. I have worked with him before and he was a model professional during his time here.

“He is a talented player and I think he will get fixed up with another club but I have told him if he doesn’t get sorted that he can come back here for pre-season training with us.”

The manager also confirmed that Shaun, who spent the second half of the season on loan at Portsmouth, will be leaving the club when his contract expires in June. Shaun made ten appearances for Reds including seven starts.

Richie added: “Shaun had a few problems with injury during his time with us but going on loan to Portsmouth did him good and hopefully he can get fixed up there. We wish him all the best and thank him for his services.”

Aiden O’Brien and Paul Hayes have returned to Millwall and Brentford respectively at the end of their loan spells. Richie said: “Both players have been great to work with and I know they have enjoyed their time here with us and we wish them well for the future.”

Hayes is back at Griffin Park in time for Brentford’s play-off games against Swindon Town.

Richie held discussions with all of the players yesterday before the start of their summer break. As previously announced, one-year contracts have been awarded to goalkeeper Johnny Maddison, striker Jonte Smith and defenders Louis John and Alex Malins.

The manager is continuing to discussions with out of contract trio Josh Simpson, Matt Sparrow and Mustapha Dumbuya.

The rest of the squad are all under contract for next season and will report back on June 26 for pre-season training along with striker Gary Alexander, who completed his loan spell with AFC Wimbledon last weekend.
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddison signing for another year is good news, thats the reserve goalkeeper berth filled. Be good if muzzy signs but I think thats highly unlikely (someone is bound to offer him more money.)

Still reckon we need another striker, god knows if we can afford one. Confused
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are a few championship clubs who will be off-loading strikers to ease their wage bill... we need to track local-ish clubs... that is with the proviso that potentially either Palace or Brighton could be in the Premier...

..certainly the likes of Reading, Southampton & Charlton are worth monitoring.

Paddy Madden at Yeovil has shown that there are still a few gems to be unearthed and I guess a few clubs might notice the return we got from young Procter.
nemo
Coach
Coach

Topics: 81

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
I think there are a few championship clubs who will be off-loading strikers to ease their wage bill... we need to track local-ish clubs... that is with the proviso that potentially either Palace or Brighton could be in the Premier...

Paddy Madden at Yeovil has shown that there are still a few gems to be unearthed and I guess a few clubs might notice the return we got from young Procter.

Rickie Lambert? Laughing
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian the wateratt wrote:
thad wrote:

Rickie Lambert? Laughing

Yes please... just what we need... a strong beast who is good in the build-up and can get a few goals... and lest we forget the likes of him and Grant Holt were playing at our level not that long ago.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
Maddison signing for another year is good news, thats the reserve goalkeeper berth filled. Be good if muzzy signs but I think thats highly unlikely (someone is bound to offer him more money.)

Young Maddison is never going to challenge Paul Jones for the number one shirt is he?

Paul Jones needs better competition to keep him "on his toes",

JTG
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Graeme wrote:

Young Maddison is never going to challenge Paul Jones for the number one shirt is he?

JTG

Did he need to be kept on his toes this season then?

I'd rather we spent the money on a forward.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I right in saying that Paul Jones played every minute of every game of the season.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
Am I right in saying that Paul Jones played every minute of every game of the season.

League games - i believe so.

Other games - i thought he was subbed in a SSC game or similar to give Maddison / Kuipers time - maybe missed some altogether.
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually rather disappointed Cooper has gone. Was very impressed with him on the rare occasions he played here, and by all accounts he was very good at Pompey. Has versatility and could have played the DM role, a position where really we only have Bully at the moment.

Ah well, I'm sure Richie has his reasons.
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadfield Dave wrote:
I'm actually rather disappointed Cooper has gone. Was very impressed with him on the rare occasions he played here, and by all accounts he was very good at Pompey. Has versatility and could have played the DM role, a position where really we only have Bully at the moment.

My guess is he wasn't cheap.
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
Broadfield Dave wrote:

My guess is he wasn't cheap.

Something to do with RB's prefence to building a team based on younger players maybe? Shame it's not worked out. With Cooper being versatile he seemed comfortable playing in any position really. Best of luck to the player, no doubt he will get fixed up again soon.

Ben
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
Graeme wrote:

JTG

Did he need to be kept on his toes this season then?

I'd rather we spent the money on a forward.

Dead right, Maddison is a cheap cover for Jones, we need to careful where we spend our money. Our problem this season was GOAL's end of story, the defense with Fadz back and if Muzzy stays is solid.

Interesting though, I missed the announcement on Maddison. I thought he was just on loan from Sunderland, did we actually sign him, is he actually a Crawley player ?
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Retained List Reply with quote

oakie wrote:
Quote:
Update with the manager

The manager is continuing to discussions with out of contract trio Josh Simpson, Matt Sparrow and Mustapha Dumbuya.

Why?
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really understand the situation with Lateef E-A, if he isn't up to the mark then why did RB bring him here knowing him from first hand experience, if he was good enough to sign then why release him now, it's not as though we have a long queue of strikers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: