CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Crawley News Banned From Press Conferences
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ross
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 157

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Crawley News Banned From Press Conferences Reply with quote

The Crawley news reporter Kayliee has just tweeted she is banned from all media sessions with Crawley and is no longer allowed to contact any players or staff due to Barker being unhappy with her reporting.
oakie
First Team
First Team

Topics: 55

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thisissussex.co.uk/.....z2POnFFa4R

Quote:
Crawley Town manager Richie Barker bans Crawley News reporter

CRAWLEY Town have banned the News' sports reporter Kaylee Seckington from speaking to Richie Barker or any of his players. Manager Barker was unhappy with two headlines in our March 13 edition.

Attempts have been made to resolve the situation but we have been informed that the Reds boss has no intention of changing his mind.

The club has made it clear the paper is not banned just our reporter, who can still attend Town matches.

The News, however, will not be changing our reporter and are giving her our full backing. We have informed the club that we believe her coverage of the club has been fair and accurate.

The club are aware that the headlines that upset Barker were not written by Seckington and we believe they were accurate reflections of the manager's quotes.

It is the second time this season Seckington has been banned from speaking to the players and Barker.

On the previous occasion the matter was resolved through a meeting with the club.

The first ban had come about as Barker objected to us reporting that former manager Steve Evans was interested in signing Reds favourite Sergio Torres.

Again we stand by our decision to cover the story and feel strongly that the club should not be able to dictate what stories we do and do not cover.
Crawley Town media manager Bruce Talbot informed the News of the latest ban which stops Seckington attending post-match press conferences or calling manager Barker or his players for interviews.

In an e-mail, Talbot wrote: "Once again, Richie is extremely disappointed with your coverage in this week's edition of the News and in particular two stories.

"On the back page the headline is 'We must show more ambition' in quotes, yet at no point in your story does he say that.

"The closest is 'I know I have ambition, I hope the club have ambition too, that is the reason I came here'."

Talbot continues: "On page 54 the headline is 'Crawley won't resort to lumping it like Evans did'.

"Richie totally refutes that he directly criticised the style of play of Steve Evans."

After the 0-0 draw with Notts County, Barker had said: "Sometimes you have just got to put the ball in the box, but put it in with quality don't lump it.

"They have had three years of watching that here, they don't want to watch it anymore, surely?"

Given that Evans is the only other permanent manager to have taken charge of competitive games in that period, the News was not alone in reporting that Barker was referring to Evans.

Talbot continued: "Richie has asked me to tell you that neither he, his staff or the players will be available for comment to you in the future."

While the ban appears to be permanent the News is still committed to covering the club.

Editor Andy Worden said: "We believe our coverage throughout Richie Barker's reign has been fair, balanced and accurate.

"We would be failing in our duty to fans if we only covered stories that the manager wanted to see in the paper. We hope the club will eventually see sense and lift the ban as it is the fans and people of Crawley this affects."
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't say I didn't warn you ...

Typical kestrel-bothering tyke behaviour... all frothy pints and meat pies... giving it the large about .."I speak my mind"... "I don't care what other people think of me"... etc...

...and then the gutless whining *beep* sulk off and cry like 'ickle baby girlies..! baby
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness me. Are we sure this isn't an April fools joke?

Blocking a sponsor from twitter and now banning the press.

VE HAF VAYS OV MAKING YOU TALK!

Get a grip CTFC. What the hell are you doing?

Does anyone remember the 'Return to base agent Keane, mission accomplished' picture that Spurs fans were circulating after Robbie Keanes loan to West Ham and West Hams relegation?

I'm wondering if Aldershot will be doing a similar mock up any time soon...

Ian
fnb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another example of RB being a tad precious.

Looks like another own goal by the club.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely ridiculous. another example of RB alienating people, first the fans now the press Embarassed
Greg
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 378

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't seem that the News have done anything wrong at all and as per comments above, even if they had then RB should just take it on the chin.

Has a dictatorship been announced?

Embarrassing for the club at a time when they need the local media to help build coverage, PR and widen the fan base. Suggest RB / Bruce get down off their pedestals and apologise and end this now.
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a farce. I always thought Barker was a *beep*.
Greg
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 378

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the fans should 'ban' themselves from attending games until the club backs down?

Only Barker and the Club going to end up looking stupid here.

30 years a fan but I'm behind the Crawley News on this one.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just takes a bit of common sense to resolve the matter...

...here is the deal that I think will suit everyone.

a - Saint Richie Barker picks the Journalists to report on Crawley Town FC.

b - Kaylee Seckington gets to pick the team to face MK Dons

After all, fairs fair Richie... and you don't want to look like a gutless, bullying, misoginist sulking yorkie cry-baby... otherwise the fans might start a campaign to get an ADULT to be the manager at our club... a club that you are making look ridiculous...!
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ask me how I obtained this, but here is a link to the video of the actual meeting where the reporter received the ban:

http://www.grapheine.com/bomba.....b42c9.html
Captain Yellow
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez. The points in dispute aren't even that significant. It's not as if he's been massively misrepresented. All this does is alienate the club further from the community at a time when they really need to be improving engagement.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please pop the bubble Baby Barker exists in

The bloke is a joke. One that is tiresome and embarrassing
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who was barred and defamed for publicly uttering the truth about the club and it's owners, I am very disappointed as I genuinely thought that we had seen an end to bullying and censorship.

IMHO there is an easy resolution that needs to be put in place quickly:

Crawley Town FC... should tell THEIR EMPLOYEE that he needs to grow a pair and stop sulking... before he does any FURTHER damage to their (and his own) public image...!

If he doesn't like it... offer him a *beep* as a leaving gift... so that he can go *beep* himself..!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the worst bits if news to come out of the club for a very long time. Im not even interested if something was repotrted wrongly or if it was subjective opinion. If factually wrong like you see in papers from time to time they can print an apology. A quick read into this it appears opinion and thats all. GET A GRIP CTFC and RB have you finally lost the plot? This smacks of desperation from a manager feeling the pressure. Censorship of the press is a very dangerous road to travel.

What next? It all seems quite childish to me. If every manager disliked a headline or two we would have no reporting of football in the media at all! Just look at our 'friend' from Swindon and his new appointment in the North East, is he banning the press? No he is taking it like a man its all part of the game whatever next? Werll whoever shouts out "Sort it out BArker" perhaps/ And no its not me. Im not happy with Barker thats well documented but also feel where possible during the game is not the right time to voivce that. I forget who but a top manager even said so much not so long ago mightve been fergie (though personally i dont rate him top) quite happy to have criyticism after the match. As i Type think mightve been the manager of the small team in falmer village.

RB realy hasnt done his image any favours here, really sort yourself out RB!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: