CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Dannie Bulman
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Dannie Bulman Reply with quote

Is he currently in the starting line-up because he's won over the Manager or because of injuries ?

I hope it's the former but i fear it's the latter, personally i think he's still a major contributor to the side (when played as a defensive midfield player), but he seems to be the first to make way when things are going wrong.

Discuss ......
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to think that he's in the side on merit and as such,has been given the Captain's armband.

There's no coincidence that since Dannie's been back,the side seem to be "ticking along nicely" too.

JTG
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no surprise that since Bully's come back into the side we've actually began winning games again.

Offers us a lot, just sitting in front of the defensive and still does a great job for the team.

He's also played a part in 11 of 14 league wins this season... shows he adds something to the team.
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite ever CTFC player. The flair players tend to get the attention, yet the work Dannie has done is often worth far more.

The team is always better with him in it.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might be horses for courses his work rate is normally higher than others but he isnt the quickest midfieldwer and at his level thats probably his downside, so as mentioned in this thread he proabbly suits games where we are set up more defensively or coming on as a sub to do that role ideally sat deeep in midfeild or put another way between midfield and back line whther that be 3 or 4 players. With the season now well and truley over as far as going up or down is concerned it might also be on RB's mind to give everyonein the squad a game and he might be thibking of retention of squad/changes etc for next season so not just DB but others im expecting will feature more as the season draws to a close.
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
it might be horses for courses his work rate is normally higher than others but he isnt the quickest midfieldwer and at his level thats probably his downside, so as mentioned in this thread he proabbly suits games where we are set up more defensively or coming on as a sub to do that role ideally sat deeep in midfeild or put another way between midfield and back line whther that be 3 or 4 players. With the season now well and truley over as far as going up or down is concerned it might also be on RB's mind to give everyonein the squad a game and he might be thibking of retention of squad/changes etc for next season so not just DB but others im expecting will feature more as the season draws to a close.

We win tomorrow and go 7 points off Tranmere in 6th place with two games in hand, yet our season is apparently over?

Peculiar.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
We win tomorrow and go 7 points off Tranmere in 6th place with two games in hand...

Do we get 4 points if we win tomorrow then? Embarassed
Greg
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 378

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have him in the team against the stronger sides, have said all along that playing with 2 wide players and 2 up front is a bit of a luxury and leaves us outnumbered in m/f.

We look better with DB sitting in front of the back 4 and then 3 m/f's ahead of him and 2 up front.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
James wrote:
We win tomorrow and go 7 points off Tranmere in 6th place with two games in hand...

Do we get 4 points if we win tomorrow then? Embarassed

Where's Carol Vorderman when you need her Wink
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Dannie Bulman Reply with quote

Cakeburner wrote:
Is he currently in the starting line-up because he's won over the Manager or because of injuries ?

I hope it's the former but i fear it's the latter, personally i think he's still a major contributor to the side (when played as a defensive midfield player), but he seems to be the first to make way when things are going wrong.

Discuss ......

Last year I thought he would be to slow for the 2nd division. At the start of the season I thought he would be to slow for the first division. Each time he proves me wrong.
But I don't think it was just injury, I think it was Akpan leaving that gave him his opportunity.
I think he has just changed RB's opinion with his performances.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only reason Bulman is in the team is a combination of injuries and Akpan leaving.
Gary M
First Team
First Team

Topics: 21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lochislair wrote:
My favourite ever CTFC player. The flair players tend to get the attention, yet the work Dannie has done is often worth far more.

The team is always better with him in it.

Great post. My sentiments entirely. As the Fatman once said "only an idiot would leave Bulman out of the starting eleven"

Well done Dannie, a true Crawley legend.
Bruce of Amsterdam
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 34

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't thank this guy enough for what he's done for the club.
Unbelievable achievement so far.
LEGEND.
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Dannie Bulman is one of the most hardworking players this club has ever had on it's books. I'm sure others will have their own views, but I think the team seems much more settled & confident when DB is on the pitch. I do wonder though if he would be in the side now had Akpan not been sold & had Simpson not been injured? With Simpson possibly due back from injury soon (talk of being fit for the game a week Saturday...?) will RB keep Dannie in the side if results are still positive & keep Simpson benched or will it be the other way around? What would you do if you were RB?

Ben
Matt88
First Team
First Team

Topics: 36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not got much choice other than to put Simpson back in. He is the captain, however he may well drop Sparrow instead of Bulman.

But the saying goes, "never change a winning team" so who knows...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: