CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Fans Forum 4th March - Steve Coppell will be there
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Fans Forum 4th March - Steve Coppell will be there Reply with quote

Sounds like it could be interesting!

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....81668.aspx
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Fans Forum 4th March - Steve Coppell will be there Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:

I thought at this club and others fans forums were typically always held with the manager and wonder why RB dpesn't appear to be up for this? Previously when the manager isnt there are not a lot of questions unanswerable because they are directed more towards the manger answering and so the club deflect its not possible. Is this ot an opportunity lost without RB where he could close that gap and reconcile the difference between fans and show that he is in fact in-touch (or not) with supporters?

Im not sure what Coppell role at the club is and dont believe the club have publiclly stated it (or have they?) as without fully knowing this any questions will be dilluted accordingly surely?

It would be good if the BBC could broadcast this live for anyone that cant make it.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Fans Forum 4th March - Steve Coppell will be there Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
backofthenet wrote:

I thought at this club and others fans forums were typically always held with the manager and wonder why RB dpesn't appear to be up for this? Previously when the manager isnt there are not a lot of questions unanswerable because they are directed more towards the manger answering and so the club deflect its not possible. Is this ot an opportunity lost without RB where he could close that gap and reconcile the difference between fans and show that he is in fact in-touch (or not) with supporters?

Im not sure what Coppell role at the club is and dont believe the club have publiclly stated it (or have they?) as without fully knowing this any questions will be dilluted accordingly surely?

It would be good if the BBC could broadcast this live for anyone that cant make it.

Then you must have a very short attention span as you were told this a few days ago ......... Rolling Eyes

Matt88 wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Matt88 wrote:
Ian wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Ian wrote:
popnfresh wrote:
* Young Talent like Hope Akpan unlikely to come to Crawley now

Why not?

Doesn't being turned from a PL Academy reject into a PL starter appeal to young talent any more?

Ian
I agree with you Ian but in relaity I dont think it will happen players will move on the mentality at the club has been established and I think will make it difficult for these talented youngster to be kept at the club.

Given our poor crowds, is it not fair to say our long term funding strategy is to bring in young talent and turn them into good players before selling them on? Like Akpan.

Of couse they'll move on, what we want to do is attract them and if we can demonstrate that we will make them better and help their career to progress then we have every chance of doing so.

I suspect RB's coaching credentials can help us to make this a viable strategy.

Ian

And the more Akpan scenarios we have, will only fortify that strategy. We could offer lesser wages, as the prospect of being able to improve their game under RB is worth more than a small reduction in pay.

They will be queuing up.
I suspect this is somewhat new teritory to the club with wage negotions and contracts etc at this level BUT isnt that the sort of thing that Coppell shold be advising the club on?

What the **** exactly does Coppell do?

Coppell does extensive work behind the scenes (Low said in the fans forum). And as DOF I would say players contracts fall under his roles and responsibilities.

But you have to be able to offer something to be able to negotiate. A good chance of playing in the Premiership/Championship whilst training under RB would be a massive bargaining chip I would say!

Admin edit: Quoting corrected
Matt88
First Team
First Team

Topics: 36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Fans Forum 4th March - Steve Coppell will be there Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
backofthenet wrote:

Why dont you go and ask Coppell yourself what he does Rolling Eyes
Ali C
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Fans Forum 4th March - Steve Coppell will be there Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
backofthenet wrote:

I'm pretty sure someone explained to you the other day what his role is? and are you being serious about the bbc? Laughing god forbid.. but... maybe you could actually attend dontknow may also reduce the chances of you trolling this forum
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

troll knob troll
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Fans Forum 4th March - Steve Coppell will be there Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:

I thought at this club and others fans forums were typically always held with the manager and wonder why RB dpesn't appear to be up for this? .

Maybe because he has a little distraction of playing Carlisle on Tuesday.

(I know I should know not to bite at RR&R's comments fishing )
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will hopefully be there and I have some general football questions I hope Coppell could answer. It is just framing the question so he doesn't think I am having a go.

Jim Baker
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Carlisle match is the next day and what was stopping the club holding the forum on a day when all can attend? As for what Coppell does I was refering to I dont belive the club have official said what he does, anything they have said is very unclear and i had impression he kinda makes it up as he goes along. yes was serious about the BBC being there, why not they do it for other professional clubs in the area and even some outside Sussex/Surrwey, like er Aldershot, so why not Crawley why should we be treated any differently? I also feel the club must be aware of the poor rapport RB has with large sections of support at the club and have missed an opportunity to bride the gap or does RB feel he is so distant from the fans that he actually doesnt want to attend/? Maybe that explains why the date in question was chosen?
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
I will hopefully be there and I have some general football questions I hope Coppell could answer. It is just framing the question so he doesn't think I am having a go.

Jim Baker
I wouldnt worry about framing your question im sure if anyone deosnt like it they'll reframe if for you anyway in their reply, plenty of Tory MPs do that all the time Wink
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man...create ur own forum where u can have threads and arguments and trolling exercises with yourself. You seem to be trying to do that anyway!
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Fans Forum 4th March - Steve Coppell will be there Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
backofthenet wrote:

RB has probably opted out in case you turned up. Unfortunately, Mondays and non-match Tuesdays are difficult for me as I do other stuff those nights - and I see the forum is on a Monday. Not to worry. That's life. I'm sure the world will still go around even if I don't know what's happening.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fans Forum 4th March - Steve Coppell will be there Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
backofthenet wrote:

RB has probably opted out in case you turned up. Unfortunately, Mondays and non-match Tuesdays are difficult for me as I do other stuff those nights - and I see the forum is on a Monday. Not to worry. That's life. I'm sure the world will still go around even if I don't know what's happening.

Why would he not want to meet the figment of someone's imagination?

Although if R,R&R were real, he wouldn't have the bottle to attend a forum with RB in attendance as I suspect intellectually he'd get his R,R&R's kicked. PS, he hasn't let us know who he'd like as manager yet.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coppell looks like he has got a pair of horns in that picture from the link to the official site.
It's a good look actually.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, please please no questions about burgers........
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: