CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Fair play to RB

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pedlar
First Team
First Team


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 1257
Topics: 206

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Fair play to RB Reply with quote

To move on Neilson, Wassmer and Davies is good for the club to move forwards.

Thanks to these players who have helped the club to the position we are in today. I think Scott Davies' goal at Barnet was an important turning point to promotion. With Steve Evans leaving the previous day, the team meeting in the hotel with the players with Scott Neilson sing the twist was brilliant.

Now it is time for Richie to start building his team. So we ask the board to support Richie in his quest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 5728
Topics: 63
Location: DFS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Fair play to RB Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:
To move on Neilson, Wassmer and Davies is good for the club to move forwards.

Thanks to these players who have helped the club to the position we are in today. I think Scott Davies' goal at Barnet was an important turning point to promotion. With Steve Evans leaving the previous day, the team meeting in the hotel with the players with Scott Neilson sing the twist was brilliant.

Now it is time for Richie to start building his team. So we ask the board to support Richie in his quest.

Absolutely right.
We all know that RB fell in to our club late on,and the result being an inherited team.I can be quoted as saying it may have been just as well that he inherited our side.Equally we could be suffering because of this.

Pedlar is spot in,RB can now do things his way,and the support of the majority will surely aid what RB is attempting to achieve.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Fair play to RB Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:
To move on Neilson, Wassmer and Davies is good for the club to move forwards.

Thanks to these players who have helped the club to the position we are in today. I think Scott Davies' goal at Barnet was an important turning point to promotion. With Steve Evans leaving the previous day, the team meeting in the hotel with the players with Scott Neilson sing the twist was brilliant.

Now it is time for Richie to start building his team. So we ask the board to support Richie in his quest.
look i think youve got your first sentance here a bit muddled up... yes it would have been good to move the forwards on (Gary A in particular) but unfortuantely we moved on a promising young player in Charlie Wassmer.

Glad Neilson and Davies have moved on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 5070
Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with a largely inherited team, I get a sense that RB prefers efficiency to flair. I've no problem with that so long as it works reasonably OK. I once said that I didn't mind us getting beaten so long as we play entertaining football. However, having had a taste of football at a higher level, I wouldn't want to lose that by being entertaining. So I've changed my mind. We can be boring farts so long as we maintain L1 status for a few years before hopefully becoming ready for the championship. At the moment downwards is more likely than upwards (though not this season) but hopefully we can plateau before pushing on in a few years time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 25 May 2017
Posts: 6152
Topics: 692
Location: Liverpool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope he goes onto build a good football playing dynasty.

Ok, he did inherit a team, a largely untried team. BUT you shouldn't use the excuse of inheriting a Team when the results arent so good, when you're happy to accept the plaudits when they win !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 30 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 4033
Topics: 228

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Fair play to RB Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
pedlar wrote:
To move on Neilson, Wassmer and Davies is good for the club to move forwards.

Thanks to these players who have helped the club to the position we are in today. I think Scott Davies' goal at Barnet was an important turning point to promotion. With Steve Evans leaving the previous day, the team meeting in the hotel with the players with Scott Neilson sing the twist was brilliant.

Now it is time for Richie to start building his team. So we ask the board to support Richie in his quest.
look i think youve got your first sentance here a bit muddled up... yes it would have been good to move the forwards on (Gary A in particular) but unfortuantely we moved on a promising young player in Charlie Wassmer.

Glad Neilson and Davies have moved on.


Agree fully , well said.

Big Gary and Big John need to start scoring or move on. Simple as , we've been far too patient with them.

Surley Coppell with all his experience can see this ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John The Gas
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 1977
Topics: 85
Location: Sunny Horsham

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Ronnie Barker should use his brains and give the captain's armband to Dannie Bulman.

Bully has NEVER let the Reds down - a natural skipper if there ever was who always gives 110%.

If the rest of the team tried as much as Dannie,we'd be competing at Championship level easily.


JTG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pedlar
First Team
First Team


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 1257
Topics: 206

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Maybe Ronnie Barker should use his brains and give the captain's armband to Dannie Bulman.

Bully has NEVER let the Reds down - a natural skipper if there ever was who always gives 110%.

If the rest of the team tried as much as Dannie,we'd be competing at Championship level easily.


JTG


My favourite player of all time. since 1993
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fair play to RB Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
pedlar wrote:
To move on Neilson, Wassmer and Davies is good for the club to move forwards.

Thanks to these players who have helped the club to the position we are in today. I think Scott Davies' goal at Barnet was an important turning point to promotion. With Steve Evans leaving the previous day, the team meeting in the hotel with the players with Scott Neilson sing the twist was brilliant.

Now it is time for Richie to start building his team. So we ask the board to support Richie in his quest.
look i think youve got your first sentance here a bit muddled up... yes it would have been good to move the forwards on (Gary A in particular) but unfortuantely we moved on a promising young player in Charlie Wassmer.

Glad Neilson and Davies have moved on.


Agree fully , well said.

Big Gary and Big John need to start scoring or move on. Simple as , we've been far too patient with them.

Surley Coppell with all his experience can see this ?


To be fair to Akinde he hasn't really had a chance. As far as I can recall he hasn't started a league game this season and 15 mins at the end when we are chasing the game and belting the ball long doesn't really prove much.

GA on the other hand has had enough chances in my book.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 5728
Topics: 63
Location: DFS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Maybe Ronnie Barker should use his brains and give the captain's armband to Dannie Bulman.

Bully has NEVER let the Reds down - a natural skipper if there ever was who always gives 110%.

If the rest of the team tried as much as Dannie,we'd be competing at Championship level easily.


JTG

My favourite player of all time (1983-2011)
Everything a manager could want from a combative midfielder,with a touch of class when needed.....and dare I say it,as natural a leader as you could possibly find.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mickf
Coach
Coach


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 14 Dec 2014
Posts: 3026
Topics: 49
Location: Southgate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Even with a largely inherited team, I get a sense that RB prefers efficiency to flair. I've no problem with that so long as it works reasonably OK. I once said that I didn't mind us getting beaten so long as we play entertaining football. However, having had a taste of football at a higher level, I wouldn't want to lose that by being entertaining. So I've changed my mind. We can be boring farts so long as we maintain L1 status for a few years before hopefully becoming ready for the championship. At the moment downwards is more likely than upwards (though not this season) but hopefully we can plateau before pushing on in a few years time.

Things is most of our worst results have come playing efficient (lump it up and constantly giving away possession) football, we tend to do quite well when we play some football!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 4263
Topics: 129
Location: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
Maybe Ronnie Barker should use his brains and give the captain's armband to Dannie Bulman.

Bully has NEVER let the Reds down - a natural skipper if there ever was who always gives 110%.

If the rest of the team tried as much as Dannie,we'd be competing at Championship level easily.


JTG


My favourite player of all time. since 1993


Mine too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.T.
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 09 Sep 2008
Last Visit: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 552
Topics: 13
Location: The mud bank.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lochislair wrote:
pedlar wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
Maybe Ronnie Barker should use his brains and give the captain's armband to Dannie Bulman.

Bully has NEVER let the Reds down - a natural skipper if there ever was who always gives 110%.

If the rest of the team tried as much as Dannie,we'd be competing at Championship level easily.


JTG


My favourite player of all time. since 1993


Mine too.

And mine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit