CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Fair play to RB

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Fair play to RB Reply with quote

To move on Neilson, Wassmer and Davies is good for the club to move forwards.

Thanks to these players who have helped the club to the position we are in today. I think Scott Davies' goal at Barnet was an important turning point to promotion. With Steve Evans leaving the previous day, the team meeting in the hotel with the players with Scott Neilson sing the twist was brilliant.

Now it is time for Richie to start building his team. So we ask the board to support Richie in his quest.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Fair play to RB Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:

Thanks to these players who have helped the club to the position we are in today. I think Scott Davies' goal at Barnet was an important turning point to promotion. With Steve Evans leaving the previous day, the team meeting in the hotel with the players with Scott Neilson sing the twist was brilliant.

Now it is time for Richie to start building his team. So we ask the board to support Richie in his quest.

Absolutely right.
We all know that RB fell in to our club late on,and the result being an inherited team.I can be quoted as saying it may have been just as well that he inherited our side.Equally we could be suffering because of this.

Pedlar is spot in,RB can now do things his way,and the support of the majority will surely aid what RB is attempting to achieve.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Fair play to RB Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:

look i think youve got your first sentance here a bit muddled up... yes it would have been good to move the forwards on (Gary A in particular) but unfortuantely we moved on a promising young player in Charlie Wassmer.

Glad Neilson and Davies have moved on.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with a largely inherited team, I get a sense that RB prefers efficiency to flair. I've no problem with that so long as it works reasonably OK. I once said that I didn't mind us getting beaten so long as we play entertaining football. However, having had a taste of football at a higher level, I wouldn't want to lose that by being entertaining. So I've changed my mind. We can be boring farts so long as we maintain L1 status for a few years before hopefully becoming ready for the championship. At the moment downwards is more likely than upwards (though not this season) but hopefully we can plateau before pushing on in a few years time.
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope he goes onto build a good football playing dynasty.

Ok, he did inherit a team, a largely untried team. BUT you shouldn't use the excuse of inheriting a Team when the results arent so good, when you're happy to accept the plaudits when they win !
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Fair play to RB Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
pedlar wrote:

look i think youve got your first sentance here a bit muddled up... yes it would have been good to move the forwards on (Gary A in particular) but unfortuantely we moved on a promising young player in Charlie Wassmer.

Agree fully , well said.

Big Gary and Big John need to start scoring or move on. Simple as , we've been far too patient with them.

Surley Coppell with all his experience can see this ?
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Ronnie Barker should use his brains and give the captain's armband to Dannie Bulman.

Bully has NEVER let the Reds down - a natural skipper if there ever was who always gives 110%.

If the rest of the team tried as much as Dannie,we'd be competing at Championship level easily.

JTG
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Maybe Ronnie Barker should use his brains and give the captain's armband to Dannie Bulman.

Bully has NEVER let the Reds down - a natural skipper if there ever was who always gives 110%.

If the rest of the team tried as much as Dannie,we'd be competing at Championship level easily.

JTG

My favourite player of all time. since 1993
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fair play to RB Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
pedlar wrote:

Agree fully , well said.

Big Gary and Big John need to start scoring or move on. Simple as , we've been far too patient with them.

Surley Coppell with all his experience can see this ?

To be fair to Akinde he hasn't really had a chance. As far as I can recall he hasn't started a league game this season and 15 mins at the end when we are chasing the game and belting the ball long doesn't really prove much.

GA on the other hand has had enough chances in my book.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:

JTG

My favourite player of all time (1983-2011)
Everything a manager could want from a combative midfielder,with a touch of class when needed.....and dare I say it,as natural a leader as you could possibly find.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Even with a largely inherited team, I get a sense that RB prefers efficiency to flair. I've no problem with that so long as it works reasonably OK. I once said that I didn't mind us getting beaten so long as we play entertaining football. However, having had a taste of football at a higher level, I wouldn't want to lose that by being entertaining. So I've changed my mind. We can be boring farts so long as we maintain L1 status for a few years before hopefully becoming ready for the championship. At the moment downwards is more likely than upwards (though not this season) but hopefully we can plateau before pushing on in a few years time.

Things is most of our worst results have come playing efficient (lump it up and constantly giving away possession) football, we tend to do quite well when we play some football!!
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:
John The Gas wrote:

JTG

Mine too.
Mr.T.
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lochislair wrote:
pedlar wrote:
John The Gas wrote:

JTG

Mine too.

And mine.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: