CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Big away following on Saturday.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boleynboy wrote:
Town_Two wrote:
boleynboy wrote:
Town_Two wrote:
There's a few Ipswich supporters tagging along who don't fancy the trip up to Bolton

Why?

The question is really : Why split support for 2 clubs anywhere?

As for Saturday- Big Essex fan base for ITFC is probably the reason

And -Is this not a CTFC policy: "Make Crawley Town your second club"

Cant help but notice, your username is slightly suspect with the 'Boleynboy' handle: Is there a smattering of West Ham in there somewhere??

Do not have to be Sherlock Holmes to work that one out, but I will you a quick explanation.
Born in Crawley to London parents(as were many others in the 70's),
West Ham were my league club and Crawley my non-league team(again like many others in the town).
Have followed both teams through thick and thin(my first Town game was an FA cup tie at Town Mead against Barnet who had Glen Hoddle's brother playing for them if i remember correctly)?
When Crawley were promoted to the conference at Welling(it was my flag the directors were holding when we invaded the pitch at the end) i through in my lot with Crawley and became a STH and have been ever since.
I know there are many regulars with very similiar stories to mine, and im surprised with the way ticket prices are going in the prem that we are not getting more, maybe we are?
Still not quite sure why you raised the subject in the first place?
As for your comment on Essex having a large Ipswich fan base, im not so sure, and even if it has why would they be bothered about coming to watch Chelmsford play us, especially as it seems the tickets have been sold without to much trouble to the Chelmsford fans, or is it Tractor Boys in disguise who have snapped them all up?

And there was I wondering if you had misspelt Bolney or if you carried your head around under your arm Smile
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the pitch was covered last night? Otherwise that big away following might not be travelling tomorrow, because I think it is also going to be a heavy frost again tonight?
Just been to ground, had a look North end and no covers on pitch, which seems very risky to me as it was around -3 or 4 last night. TV gantry going up over the KRL stand as well.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i echo that last thing we want is game postponed, really risky without the covers as areas where the sun cant reach because of the stands will be the problem - surely as a professional club we will be covering thepitch this evening ahead of the match? If we dont i doubt the travellers will come in as many numbers midweek so not covering the pitch will be a false economy anyway!
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think they would not cover the pitch?
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
I hope the pitch was covered last night? Otherwise that big away following might not be travelling tomorrow, because I think it is also going to be a heavy frost again tonight?
Just been to ground, had a look North end and no covers on pitch, which seems very risky to me as it was around -3 or 4 last night. TV gantry going up over the KRL stand as well.

Discussed elsewhere. It was a light frost last night and it's forecast to go as low as -1 at 4am tomorrow morning, before warming up again.

No problem at all. Don't panic Mr Mainwaring Laughing
mickf
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
mickf wrote:

Discussed elsewhere. It was a light frost last night and it's forecast to go as low as -1 at 4am tomorrow morning, before warming up again.

Well it was -4 and a heavy frost in Southgate last night and the frost still hasnt cleared from the shady areas (not sure how that area by the BW stand will be affected). Do you have central heating in your garden? Confused
Why take the risk on it being off if you have the covers available?
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Ian wrote:
mickf wrote:

Well it was -4 and a heavy frost in Southgate last night and the frost still hasnt cleared from the shady areas (not sure how that area by the BW stand will be affected). Do you have central heating in your garden? Confused

It was only a surface frost, the ground is still soft underneath.

Will you be in redz tomorrow Mick? I need to catch up with you about something.

Ian
mickf
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
mickf wrote:
Ian wrote:
mickf wrote:

It was only a surface frost, the ground is still soft underneath.

Will you be in redz tomorrow Mick? I need to catch up with you about something.

Ian

Thank you Michael Fish, yes I will be in there if it is on! Very Happy
Danny Boy Crawley
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know how many home tickets have been sold for today's game?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: