CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Hope's suspension

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Hope's suspension
Event: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:00 am
Reply with quote

Confirmed on the FA's website as four games.

http://www.thefa.com/football-.....b=10574004
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Last Visit: 04 Jun 2017
Posts: 2123
Topics: 176
Location: Broadfield

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this will be the last ban HA gets for sometime. He doesn't want to end up like Brodie (if that's even possible?) where he serves 4 match bans for silly red cards. Also means now someone else will get a chance to stake their claim for a chance to replace him. Torres or Bulman perhaps?

Ben
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 5070
Topics: 103

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that at least we can be thankful that one of the games is against Met Police where, hopefully, we ought not need him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam
Coach
Coach


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 24 Jul 2016
Posts: 2458
Topics: 191

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claude is on 4 bookings. Hopefully he doesn't get another one for a couple of games so when he inevitably does Cooper and/or Walsh are fit to replace him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alexbr
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 08 Jul 2010
Last Visit: 04 May 2017
Posts: 309
Topics: 9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Ben wrote:
Torres or Bulman perhaps?


Bulman would seem the obvious replacement - at least Hope's suspension gives him the chance for a few run-outs as he has been underused this season!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Claude is on 4 bookings. Hopefully he doesn't get another one for a couple of games so when he inevitably does Cooper and/or Walsh are fit to replace him.


He probably should have accidently picked up a yellow in the last minute against Oldham.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RBBA
First Team
First Team


Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Last Visit: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 1095
Topics: 24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Sam wrote:
Claude is on 4 bookings. Hopefully he doesn't get another one for a couple of games so when he inevitably does Cooper and/or Walsh are fit to replace him.


He probably should have accidently picked up a yellow in the last minute against Oldham.


Correct me if Im wrong but I thought Davis got booked in the first half? Surely we didnt need to go down to 9 men for the last minute or so!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTFC-1 wrote:
Ian wrote:
Sam wrote:
Claude is on 4 bookings. Hopefully he doesn't get another one for a couple of games so when he inevitably does Cooper and/or Walsh are fit to replace him.


He probably should have accidently picked up a yellow in the last minute against Oldham.


Correct me if Im wrong but I thought Davis got booked in the first half? Surely we didnt need to go down to 9 men for the last minute or so!


Oh did he? My mistake if so. I wasn't suggesting that he should get a second.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RBBA
First Team
First Team


Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Last Visit: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 1095
Topics: 24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
CTFC-1 wrote:
Ian wrote:
Sam wrote:
Claude is on 4 bookings. Hopefully he doesn't get another one for a couple of games so when he inevitably does Cooper and/or Walsh are fit to replace him.


He probably should have accidently picked up a yellow in the last minute against Oldham.


Correct me if Im wrong but I thought Davis got booked in the first half? Surely we didnt need to go down to 9 men for the last minute or so!


Oh did he? My mistake if so. I wasn't suggesting that he should get a second.


Just double checked and yes he got one in the 36th minute. No I didnt think you were.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 17 Feb 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for our most creative player to be out for four games is a disaster hope he never gets carded again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
for our most creative player to be out for four games is a disaster hope he never gets carded again.

Adams is our most creative player by a mile... it's only Gareth Bale keeping him out of the Welsh side.

I think Hopes suspension might give us a chance to try emulating Barca with 5 in the middle, lone striker & two "holding" ... it sounds negative but in reality frees the other midfielders to attack more...

along the lines of..

----- Bulman, Torres ----
- Simpson, Clarke, Adams -
--------- Alexander ------

...c'mon.. it just might work..!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Graeme
Coach
Coach


Joined: 21 Mar 2011
Last Visit: 10 Feb 2018
Posts: 2197
Topics: 68
Location: Norwich

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
along the lines of..

----- Bulman, Torres ----
- Simpson, Clarke, Adams -
--------- Alexander ------

...c'mon.. it just might work..!


Not sure I agree with the players but I agree with the formation for several reasons. Firstly I think we need two defensive midfield player to protect the back 4, we have seen to many teams getting striaght through the defense this season.
Secondly its very hard to defend against players coming in from the midfield. I especially like the idea of Clarke in a midfield attacking role.
Only bad side is poor old Alexander is going to get hammered, however if we continue to win I doubt if he will care.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seano
First Team
First Team


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 1120
Topics: 27
Location: Cowfold cottage tandoori

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
for our most creative player to be out for four games is a disaster hope he never gets carded again.

Adams is our most creative player by a mile... it's only Gareth Bale keeping him out of the Welsh side.


I think that might have been a pun Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seano wrote:
thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
for our most creative player to be out for four games is a disaster hope he never gets carded again.

Adams is our most creative player by a mile... it's only Gareth Bale keeping him out of the Welsh side.


I think that might have been a pun Shocked


Or a confusion regarding left & right Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit