CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Leyton Orient matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
reddoboy
Reserve team
Reserve team


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Last Visit: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 132
Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very scappy win,but glad to have the 3 points,going to get a lot of games like this,enjoying 4th position while it lasts,have a feeling we will be dropping down the league fast playing like we did today.

Jones solid in goal as usual.

Not sure I agree Fadz was on form today,Panicky early on and every ball he hit was far to hard,Davis okay/getting injury prone,not sure his legs will last the distance.Conelly not missed, Hunty much better player.Sadler done okay,defence not that brilliant lacked creativity.

Midfield need Cooper,will make a big difference to the game.
New jonesy a very good addition to the squad,like his style.
Ajose we need to keep all season,hope they can make this happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wodin
First Team
First Team


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 27 May 2017
Posts: 1347
Topics: 53
Location: the computer wing of the mansion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would probably argue that defence is not meant to be the 'creative' department...solid is more important. Creativity is about midfield ideally.

Hunty and Connolly is a useful battle. Both have played at a higher level...really like Hunty, but think Connolly will be a great player for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mickf
Coach
Coach


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 14 Dec 2014
Posts: 3026
Topics: 49
Location: Southgate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimjeroo wrote:
Appreciated mate, lower league football prices are now a rip off. But the fact remains Crawley are still getting low attendances which surely needs addressing.

Premier League are the rip off, they are helping to fund rich players getting richer, the lower league teams are struggling to make ends meet but you want them to give the product away?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Graeme
Coach
Coach


Joined: 21 Mar 2011
Last Visit: 10 Feb 2018
Posts: 2197
Topics: 68
Location: Norwich

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defence looked good all game.
Midfield looked awful in the first half, forwards got very little service.
But all changed when Clarke fell back into midfield and Ajose went forward.
Clarke and Alexander worked hard but had very little service in that first half. Once clarke dropped back and Ajose went forward they looked a different side.
Clarke must be midfield behind the forwards he just isn't effective up front, Ajose is the oposite, he is just a predator, needs to be left on the shoulder of the last defender. Both looked nackered when they went off.

Listened to Barker interview on the way back to Norwich Saturday. Nice he gave the credit for the second half change to Craig Brewster.

As for the crowd, I was very disapointed, I couldnt believe the empty seats in the west stand and there was plenty of room behind the goal. There seemed a lot or regulars I see most weeks missing. Where is everyone ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Dec 2017
Posts: 4141
Topics: 51
Location: Ifield, Crawley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
Defence looked good all game.
Midfield looked awful in the first half, forwards got very little service.
But all changed when Clarke fell back into midfield and Ajose went forward.
Clarke and Alexander worked hard but had very little service in that first half. Once clarke dropped back and Ajose went forward they looked a different side.
Clarke must be midfield behind the forwards he just isn't effective up front, Ajose is the oposite, he is just a predator, needs to be left on the shoulder of the last defender. Both looked nackered when they went off.

Listened to Barker interview on the way back to Norwich Saturday. Nice he gave the credit for the second half change to Craig Brewster.

As for the crowd, I was very disapointed, I couldnt believe the empty seats in the west stand and there was plenty of room behind the goal. There seemed a lot or regulars I see most weeks missing. Where is everyone ?


School Holidays ??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jimjeroo
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Last Visit: 03 May 2015
Posts: 329
Topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
jimjeroo wrote:
Appreciated mate, lower league football prices are now a rip off. But the fact remains Crawley are still getting low attendances which surely needs addressing.

Premier League are the rip off, they are helping to fund rich players getting richer, the lower league teams are struggling to make ends meet but you want them to give the product away?!


Behave.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Greg
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 23 Jul 2016
Posts: 3988
Topics: 378

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great 3 points, not pretty football but we definitely ground out a result and created much the better chances (can only recall them having 1 shot on target?).

Thought the formation was wrong in the first half, Ajose not a left midfielder, much better playing off the defender's shoulder and running into the channels. To be honest don't think we can accommodate 3 forwards (Alexander, Ajose and Clark) in the same XI, we looked lightweight in midfield, it was crying out for Danny B or Sergio to be in there snapping at the Orient players in possession. Also meant we didn't get the best out of Nicky Adams, probably our most creative player when we get him the ball.

I like Clarke and Ajose, but Alexander and Ajose seems a more natural partnership. Clarke to come on with 20/25 to go.

Hope that big Claude is okay, looked a nasty injury. Though was impressed with Cooper when he came on, he handled their lumpy forward really well.

Would still like to see us add a creative midfielder (Drury on loan for the season?) and another quality centre back - we really only have Fads and Claude (Wassmer for me not good enough, Cooper looked good but I thought he was a midfielder).

Still, 9 points from 4 games, amazing start, really couldn't get any better for Reds' fans. There will be some tough games ahead (and I expect us to be on the end of 1-2 more stuffings to be honest), so great to get points in the bag as early as possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steve leake
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 19 Dec 2015
Posts: 3440
Topics: 134

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimjeroo wrote:
Appreciated mate, lower league football prices are now a rip off. But the fact remains Crawley are still getting low attendances which surely needs addressing.
So will there be a bumper attendance on Tuesday?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lee 66
Coach
Coach


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 23 May 2017
Posts: 2358
Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve leake wrote:
jimjeroo wrote:
Appreciated mate, lower league football prices are now a rip off. But the fact remains Crawley are still getting low attendances which surely needs addressing.
So will there be a bumper attendance on Tuesday?


No Steve because it is a competition that has very little interest to most.

Money is the single most concern of everybody.In times of financial uncertainty, rising food prices and utility costs it's even more of a concern.
Honestly,we all look at how much we we are paying for stuff these days and football is very much included in that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 13 Jul 2017
Posts: 5443
Topics: 208
Location: Worth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve leake wrote:
jimjeroo wrote:
Appreciated mate, lower league football prices are now a rip off. But the fact remains Crawley are still getting low attendances which surely needs addressing.
So will there be a bumper attendance on Tuesday?


I'm going, purely because of the price and no other reason. If it was any higher I would give it a miss. Too many future games to worry about, the JPT really is Mickey Mouse nowadays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nick Hilton
Reserve team
Reserve team


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Last Visit: 12 Feb 2018
Posts: 91
Topics: 7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Leyton Orient matchday thread. Reply with quote

Spot on Crawley Dan. I wasn't behind the goal but the moaners in the West Stand re-surfaced after about 2O mins. Ok, football is all about opinions but league 1 is a cut above what we are used to and because the O's lost their first two games , it did not mean they were going to lie down and let us win easily. In the first half they had done their homework, pressed well and exploitred Ajose's midfield role and our lack of an effective ball winner. In the second half they just seemed to lose their shape completely. Some of our supporters should look at the dictionary definition of support and perhaps come to Broadfield , support their team, and you never know may actually enjoy their experience a little bit more. Compare the moaning atmosphere you get at the Broadfield to the fantastic unconditional support the players have been getting away from home this year and you will understand why supporters like Dan get so frustrated with some of the fans around him at home games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lee 66
Coach
Coach


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 23 May 2017
Posts: 2358
Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Leyton Orient matchday thread. Reply with quote

Nick Hilton wrote:
Spot on Crawley Dan. I wasn't behind the goal but the moaners in the West Stand re-surfaced after about 2O mins. Ok, football is all about opinions but league 1 is a cut above what we are used to and because the O's lost their first two games , it did not mean they were going to lie down and let us win easily. In the first half they had done their homework, pressed well and exploitred Ajose's midfield role and our lack of an effective ball winner. In the second half they just seemed to lose their shape completely. Some of our supporters should look at the dictionary definition of support and perhaps come to Broadfield , support their team, and you never know may actually enjoy their experience a little bit more. Compare the moaning atmosphere you get at the Broadfield to the fantastic unconditional support the players have been getting away from home this year and you will understand why supporters like Dan get so frustrated with some of the fans around him at home games



You get all types of people that go to matches.If you want to vent your frustration when the team seem unable to string 3 passes together, or look half asleep, then you have as much right to do that as other fans have of standing there in silence.
When the team yesterday were struggling to get going where was the backing from those that knock the moaners,it wasn't there ,just glum faces getting the hump in silence.
People moaning at their team has gone on since football began and will continue long after we are all dead and gone.
It is bad enough being told you moan to much at home by the old woman,lets not have the same at the football,eh.
You should try standing next to little Glen,nearly every match he says"I ain't watching this for much longer gonna go home at half time",and thats when we are winning.
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
guildford roader
First Team
First Team


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Last Visit: 29 May 2017
Posts: 848
Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We recently had a whole thread on what will draw the fans in. 3000 isn't good enough. The commercial team need to get more intelligent about predicting a gate (ive guessed right so far based on a moments thought) and should aim get a minimum of 4000 as starters. If that's by giving youngsters freebies so be it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Last Visit: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 537
Topics: 16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimjeroo wrote:
Appreciated mate, lower league football prices are now a rip off. But the fact remains Crawley are still getting low attendances which surely needs addressing.


The same thing happened last season if my memory is correct, and the same comments were being made about where are the fans?
The crowds will get better once the holidays/summer are over, and I believe we will start to see 3500-4000 crowds later in the season, and not just because of the bigger away following we will see from the big clubs in this league.
However, as with last year, anyone who thinks that just because we have been promoted means we are suddenly going to have sold out games every other Saturday is in dreamland. The fan base is growing, but it is a slow process, so in the short term we have to be realistic, and in this league that hopefully means 3500+ every home game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 5728
Topics: 63
Location: DFS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Leyton Orient matchday thread. Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Nick Hilton wrote:
Spot on Crawley Dan. I wasn't behind the goal but the moaners in the West Stand re-surfaced after about 2O mins. Ok, football is all about opinions but league 1 is a cut above what we are used to and because the O's lost their first two games , it did not mean they were going to lie down and let us win easily. In the first half they had done their homework, pressed well and exploitred Ajose's midfield role and our lack of an effective ball winner. In the second half they just seemed to lose their shape completely. Some of our supporters should look at the dictionary definition of support and perhaps come to Broadfield , support their team, and you never know may actually enjoy their experience a little bit more. Compare the moaning atmosphere you get at the Broadfield to the fantastic unconditional support the players have been getting away from home this year and you will understand why supporters like Dan get so frustrated with some of the fans around him at home games



You get all types of people that go to matches.If you want to vent your frustration when the team seem unable to string 3 passes together, or look half asleep, then you have as much right to do that as other fans have of standing there in silence.
When the team yesterday were struggling to get going where was the backing from those that knock the moaners,it wasn't there ,just glum faces getting the hump in silence.
People moaning at their team has gone on since football began and will continue long after we are all dead and gone.
It is bad enough being told you moan to much at home by the old woman,lets not have the same at the football,eh.
You should try standing next to little Glen,nearly every match he says"I ain't watching this for much longer gonna go home at half time",and thats when we are winning.
Laughing

Nice to have the choice though isn't it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit