CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Leyton Orient matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrawleyTownFan wrote:
3 clean sheets, not bad at all.

We'll have to nick name the ground "THE LAUNDRY"

Cool
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ref had no courage, he failed to award us 2 penalties, one when Ajose was brought down and one for a handball, both in the second half.

The ref bat the Bolton game was similar, too frightened to bring cards out to the Bolton players?
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a pretty game but we got the win which is all that matters. As others have said i thought Jones was solid in goal through out and didnt put a foot wrong, aswell as fadz. Ajose is defineatley not a midfielder, but when he did change positions he was a big threat! Very positive about the new guy Mike Jones, did really well when he came on - hopefully a sign of things to come!

Only downer on yesterdays game was the clowns behind the goal yet again. People seriously haven't got a clue sometimes, they must just come to the game as they just love a moan. After 5 MINUTES yesterday the usual suspects were off with there 'oh for *beep* sake' and '*beep* useless' ... seriously what is wrong with you?! You go there, pay your money, and if your not satisfied then try and have a go at getting behind the lads, not slagging them off at every single opportunity you get. People need to realise, we're not Barcelona, neither are we Real Madrid - we are not going to play amazing football every game. We have only lost once this season, we have had a brilliant start - people are getting spoilt and just turn up expecting wins and Brazil style football. Sometimes you have to win ugly and yesterday was one of those days against a big physical side.

I would take plenty of ugly 1-0 wins if it means we can survive/have a chance of going up in this league.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
The ref had no courage, he failed to award us 2 penalties, one when Ajose was brought down and one for a handball, both in the second half.

The one where he got his shot away (trickled past the keepers left post) and was then wiped out?

Free kick anywhere else on the park, so should have been a penalty.

Ian
jimjeroo
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful attendance for a game against a London club. But if the club keep the prices as they are then they can have no complaints.
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimjeroo wrote:
Awful attendance for a game against a London club. But if the club keep the prices as they are then they can have no complaints.

One of the cheapest in the league, we are in league 1 now mate, not the conference.
jimjeroo
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciated mate, lower league football prices are now a rip off. But the fact remains Crawley are still getting low attendances which surely needs addressing.
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrappy win against probably one of the most physical sides I have seen play, they would make a decent rugby team.

Goal was well taken and Jones seems to be a very good addition in the time we saw of him. Seems to have a very cool head.

Not sure whether I saw the same game as everyone else as I thought almost every ball Fadz hit was too hard. I think if Connolly had played the same balls he would be getting slated now as it seems he is now the bogeyman for the forum. Shame as he is a decent defender.

Don't normally moan about refs but if this one was going for promotion at all then I think that game would do his chances in. 55% score tops and some very strange myopia going on.

Nice 3 points, they all count.
jimjeroo
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking win though. That one's for you Hearn.
redz75
Coach
Coach

Topics: 273

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The club has lowered the prices for the Gillingham JPTrophy game - but there will be even less in the ground on Tuesday night - lowering the prices doesn't mean you will get more throught he gate. Under 2000 for this game, as the season ticket holder have to pay for their seat.
jimjeroo
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redz75 wrote:
The club has lowered the prices for the Gillingham JPTrophy game - but there will be even less in the ground on Tuesday night - lowering the prices doesn't mean you will get more throught he gate. Under 2000 for this game, as the season ticket holder have to pay for their seat.

By how much?
Personally I couldn't care less about the JPT but if the club reduced the prices to 10 maximum I'd go.
GillsMan
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....25130.aspx

To be fair they are amazing prices. 10 for West Stand, 9 for East Stand and 8 for BW. Well worth a trip then!
jimjeroo
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, no complaints and I'll get as many people as possible to The Broadfield at those prices.
And I hope others who rightly complain about the prices for league games attend too. Time to put up or shut up.
d_c_bryan
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimjeroo wrote:
Cracking win though. That one's for you Hearn.

Spoke to Hearn after the game, I was complimentary about their tricky No.17 but he said that Odubajo does it for himself and is not a team player
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd how everyone says that moving Ajose up front changed the game. I actually thought it was putting someone in front of Saddler that made the difference.

Ajose was a threat up front but he was a complete waste of space as a midfielder so much so that Orient spent all their time attacking down that side and poor Matt was being pulled all over the place. At least when Clarke was over there he tried to track his man and then had the wherewithall to get forward and create some chances.

How Ajose got the man of the match after that first half performance is astonishing!

The half time change won the game but it does beg the question why we started with the line up we did and why it took so long to change. I said before the start that the midfield was too light and we would have problems. If a supportor can see that why couldn't a profesional.

Jones' pass for the goal was excellent but we had been knocking on the door before then.

Jim Baker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: