CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Leyton Orient matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pastmaster wrote:

Beating Brighton in the final of the Sussex senior cup wearing our lucky yellow strip was a good night as I recall.


Was that not the Sussex Professional Cup? Different competition.

Before my time, but it always used to be proudly mentioned in the programme - "Sussex Professional Cup Winners 1970 (beating Brighton in the final)" Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pastmaster
Trainee
Trainee


Joined: 31 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 23
Topics: 1
Location: East Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
pastmaster wrote:

Beating Brighton in the final of the Sussex senior cup wearing our lucky yellow strip was a good night as I recall.


Was that not the Sussex Professional Cup? Different competition.

Before my time, but it always used to be proudly mentioned in the programme - "Sussex Professional Cup Winners 1970 (beating Brighton in the final)" Laughing


That rings a bell, yep, I guess that was it.

I was a young lad of 12 at the time and I remember the place going bonkers when the winning goal went in late on, I think Phil Basey scored it, there was a big pitch invasion but we all cleared off again pretty quickly as there was a few minutes left to play.

The old shed behind the goal was a lively place to be when we were going that way in the second half, I used to feel sorry for visiting keepers!


Last edited by pastmaster on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pastmaster wrote:
The old shed behind the goal was a lively place to be when we were going that way in the second half, I used to feel sorry for visiting keepers!


That was the case right up until we left. That atmosphere has never been replicated at the Broadfield and with the big gap between the terrace and the goal, visiting keepers get it all too easy these days! Sad

Ian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pastmaster
Trainee
Trainee


Joined: 31 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 23
Topics: 1
Location: East Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
pastmaster wrote:
The old shed behind the goal was a lively place to be when we were going that way in the second half, I used to feel sorry for visiting keepers!


That was the case right up until we left. That atmosphere has never been replicated at the Broadfield and with the big gap between the terrace and the goal, visiting keepers get it all too easy these days! Sad

Ian


As a keeper myself in those days I tended to side with the visitor and was quite disgusted by some of the stuff I saw from young idiots and older fools who should have known better.

I do have one critisism of last Saturday which was the booing Orients keeper got from the terrace when he got hurt and needed treatment, that was very poor sportsmanship and put the club in a bad light although the applause he got from the rest of the ground when he was OK and restarted made up for it so overall the crowd seemed a pretty decent lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Greg
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 23 Jul 2016
Posts: 3988
Topics: 378

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he was being booed because there was nothing wrong with him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always makes me laugh when teams that have tried to run down the clock suddenly find themselves trailing and get anxious to keep the ball in play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redz75
Coach
Coach


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 03 Feb 2019
Posts: 1830
Topics: 273
Location: crawley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastmaster - Vic Bragg was at the game on Saturday against Leyton Orient with Simon Rusk - also Super Maurice Munden used to get most stick from us than other keepers, but then again he gave it back to us - good keeper as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 22 Aug 2017
Posts: 4779
Topics: 300

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Always makes me laugh when teams that have tried to run down the clock suddenly find themselves trailing and get anxious to keep the ball in play.


I remember the Heybridge Swifts keeper doing that in an FA Trophy match some years ago, claiming all manner of injuries - leg, ribs, head, the lot.

Suffice to say there were a good seven minutes of injury-time added on, and sure enough, [cannot remember who] popped up right at the death to score the winner.

Footy karma.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 5070
Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
I think he was being booed because there was nothing wrong with him?


He definitely got caught but it didn't look too bad. Hard to say really because even something that doesn't look too hard can be painful in the wrong place.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 22 Aug 2017
Posts: 4779
Topics: 300

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Greg wrote:
I think he was being booed because there was nothing wrong with him?


He definitely got caught but it didn't look too bad. Hard to say really because even something that doesn't look too hard can be painful in the wrong place.


Filth. Utter filth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
I think he was being booed because there was nothing wrong with him?


I'm with Greg Rutherford on this one, for once.

He wouldn't have gone down if it was 1-0 at the time.

Ian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pastmaster
Trainee
Trainee


Joined: 31 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 23
Topics: 1
Location: East Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redz75 wrote:
Pastmaster - Vic Bragg was at the game on Saturday against Leyton Orient


Thanks redz75.....I'll have to keep an eye out for him when I'm next there, he's a great bloke and still lives in Ifield so I've seen him a few times over recent years, it's always good to have a catch up with him about who's where these days.

I know he's involved with Brighton's academy but it's good to hear he still gets along to see his old club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 5070
Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
Greg wrote:
I think he was being booed because there was nothing wrong with him?


He definitely got caught but it didn't look too bad. Hard to say really because even something that doesn't look too hard can be painful in the wrong place.


Filth. Utter filth.


Ha ha. It's all in your head mate Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
James wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
Greg wrote:
I think he was being booed because there was nothing wrong with him?


He definitely got caught but it didn't look too bad. Hard to say really because even something that doesn't look too hard can be painful in the wrong place.


Filth. Utter filth.


Ha ha. It's all in your head mate Smile


You paid your tenner then? Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 23 May 2017
Posts: 825
Topics: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pastmaster wrote:
I do have one critisism of last Saturday which was the booing Orients keeper got from the terrace when he got hurt and needed treatment.


If it's the incident I'm thinking of, there were a few of us who thought he had gone down feigning injury because he appeared to have carried the ball over the line when he caught it and then dropped to the ground. It was certainly more over the line than the corner the lino gave to them in the first half.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit