Nice work, if you can get it..
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: Nice work, if you can get it.. Author: thad PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:09 pm
    —
Well I tried... anyone recall that a coupla seasons back I sat at a home match amongst the entourage of the agent of a certain Mr. Pogba... okay it was Mattias Pogba, but the fella also represented his brother Paul.

So I offered my services to assist in any aspect of the business and he seemed very interested, yet somehow he never called me back, maybe he lost my number...?

He might just be regretting it now... FIFA demands info on Manchester United’s £89.3 million Paul Pogba transfer after explosive details of the deal leaked...

Crying or Very sad

#2:  Author: 2oo2Red PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:28 pm
    —
The Premier League have now threatened Accrington Stanley saying they will withdrawal the funding the premier league give them. That's in response to the critism the Accrington Chairman said publicly of this transfer & the general pit of control sums paid.

http://bbc.in/2q3iKS2

#3:  Author: Sons FC PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:31 pm
    —
2oo2Red wrote:
The Premier League have now threatened Accrington Stanley saying they will withdrawal the funding the premier league give them. That's in response to the critism the Accrington Chairman said publicly of this transfer & the general pit of control sums paid.

http://bbc.in/2q3iKS2

So the EPL's response is threats and pontificating.

Personally I think the EPL has done a tremendous job promoting their league in global terms and attracting such huge TV revenues (I wish the Scottish league could do the same - Scotland receives the lowest TV revenue in Europe - yes, including Luxembourg!) but the solidarity payments for leagues one and two represent less than 0.5% of the EPL TV revenue.

There are many individual agents who earn more each year than the total for these leagues.

Last edited by Sons FC on Wed May 10, 2017 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4:  Author: Sussex Boy PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:34 pm
    —
Think most lower league fans agree with what the Accrington chairman said and yes more of the money needs to filter down more

#5:  Author: thad PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:11 am
    —
You've gotta ask who precisely an agent is meant to represent.. the player, the selling club, the buying club.. cos it really looks like they are most intent on creating a great deal for themselves, which all of the other parties can fund.

#6:  Author: ant PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:12 pm
    —
Sussex Boy wrote:
Think most lower league fans agree with what the Accrington chairman said and yes more of the money needs to filter down more

But they are under no obligation to do so.It's a bit like yourself- you can donate to charity if you choose to do so but you might not.

The EPL "earn" the money they receive through their TV deals. They are welcome to spend it however they decide. I suspect that were they to give more to lower league clubs it would just hike the wages of the players ratehr than be invested in infrastructure

#7:  Author: Sussex Boy PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:07 pm
    —
ant wrote:
Sussex Boy wrote:

But they are under no obligation to do so.It's a bit like yourself- you can donate to charity if you choose to do so but you might not.

The EPL "earn" the money they receive through their TV deals. They are welcome to spend it however they decide. I suspect that were they to give more to lower league clubs it would just hike the wages of the players ratehr than be invested in infrastructure

I know they don't have to. But its not ok for the game that the top clubs get richer and richer and every other club struggles.

But that's just the way it is. As i said many times before.....money ruined football.....(just my opinion tho)

#8:  Author: Red ArmyLocation: London PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:00 am
    —
I'm shocked to know that we get nearly half a million quid from the Premier League. That's probably more than we get in gate money all season, so relative to our turnover it is actually quite a big amount.

#9:  Author: Sons FC PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:18 am
    —
Red Army wrote:
I'm shocked to know that we get nearly half a million quid from the Premier League. That's probably more than we get in gate money all season, so relative to our turnover it is actually quite a big amount.

It is unlikely to be more than the gate money.

Our average attendance this season was 2,412. If we assume an average of £17 per person, then the season's total would be just under £1 million, excluding any home cup games and friendlies, comfortably more than the solidarity payment (which is still very welcome of course).

#10:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:21 am
    —
Sons FC wrote:
Red Army wrote:

Our average attendance this season was 2,412. If we assume an average of £17 per person, then the season's total would be just under £1 million, excluding any home cup games and friendlies, comfortably more than the solidarity payment (which is still very welcome of course).

£17 per person is unlikely. Season ticket holders pay lower (often significantly) which brings the figure down, also youngsters pay less.

Then you need to lose 20% for VAT which is not keep by the club. A £17 ticket is £14.15 plus VAT.

I agree net income is likely to be more but maybe not that much more.

#11:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:57 am
    —
A terrace season ticket, net of vat, works out at £10.50 per game.

Plus there will be 2 free games per season ticket per season, so for every 11.5 season tickets sold there is a free person for the season. (Assuming these get used.)

#12:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:20 pm
    —
Sons FC wrote:
Red Army wrote:

Adult Standing is £16. To assume an average of £17 is just Abbott! Very Happy

Did the club not say once that the average was around £8/£9?

#13:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:28 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
Sons FC wrote:
Red Army wrote:

Adult Standing is £16. To assume an average of £17 is just Abbott! Very Happy

Did the club not say once that the average was around £8/£9?

That sounds about right, Ian. My guess was a tenner.

#14:  Author: Sons FC PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:22 am
    —
I think you have misunderstood the point.

I was comparing the solidarity payment with money raised by the club through the gate. To make any meaningful comparison (and this is of course subject to a number of variables) you have to compare like for like, so I have compared the gross amounts.

#15:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:37 am
    —
Sons FC wrote:

I was comparing the solidarity payment with money raised by the club through the gate. To make any meaningful comparison (and this is of course subject to a number of variables) you have to compare like for like, so I have compared the gross amounts.

Whilst the solidarity payment is gross, the 'ticket on the gate' must have the VAT deducted as that portion never belongs to the club.

Remember the club is a tax collector for HMRC.....

#16:  Author: Sons FC PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:46 am
    —
Phil T wrote:
Sons FC wrote:

Whilst the solidarity payment is gross, the 'ticket on the gate' must have the VAT deducted as that portion never belongs to the club.

That is not in dispute Phil but the solidarity payment, as income, will be subject to Corporation Tax, which never belongs to the club, etc.

#17:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:16 am
    —
Sons FC wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Sons FC wrote:

That is not in dispute Phil but the solidarity payment, as income, will be subject to Corporation Tax, which never belongs to the club, etc.

Corporation tax is only on profits, not revenue.

#18:  Author: Sons FC PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:18 am
    —
Phil T wrote:
Sons FC wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Sons FC wrote:

I know. This is still not the point - like your point in VAT where you deduct the whole of the VAT from the income rather than the VAT balance.

My point remains that the solidarity payment will not be as much as Crawley Town take through the gate.

#19:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:48 am
    —
Sons FC wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Sons FC wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Sons FC wrote:

I know. This is still not the point - like your point in VAT where you deduct the whole of the VAT from the income rather than the VAT balance.

My point remains that the solidarity payment will not be as much as Crawley Town take through the gate.

Methinks you are not an accountant........

#20:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:05 pm
    —
Sons FC wrote:

Your logic is flawed then.

Your average ticket of £17 is only £14.15 to the club as the VAT has to be paid regardless. So £14.15 is effectively the gross amount as it is the maximum the club will ever see.

However the solidarity payment is 100% income, you only pay corporation tax if the company makes a profit. No profit = no tax. How many years in the last decade do you think Crawley Town has made a profit?

#21:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:12 pm
    —
Sons FC wrote:

Not convinced. If you take £11 as being the average ticket price when you include STs, kids, free tickets, concessions etc that is £9.16 plus VAT.

£9.16 x 2412 x 23 = £508,000. Hardly anything in it. Particularly next year when we will lose two of our biggest gates (Pompey and Plymouth) and gain Lincoln and FGR.

#22:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:06 pm
    —
Sons FC wrote:

I think you have misunderstood.

To say our average ticket price is £17, when the TOP PRICE for standing is less than that is, at best, naive. At worst, It's Diane Abbott level maths. Nothing to do with gross or net of VAT.

The club have previously stated the average ticket price to be around the £8/£9 mark (remember the cheapest ticket is a quid!) so to make any meaningful comparison, you must start with a meaningful (and correct!) figure.

Ian

#23:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:24 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
Sons FC wrote:

To say our average ticket price is £17, when the TOP PRICE for standing is less than that is, at best, naive. At worst, It's Diane Abbott level maths. Nothing to do with gross or net of VAT.

The club have previously stated the average ticket price to be around the £8/£9 mark (remember the cheapest ticket is a quid!) so to make any meaningful comparison, you must start with a meaningful (and correct!) figure.

Ian

This is an annual subject isn't it.
It always ends up with the same answers too doesn't it.

#24:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:21 pm
    —
Armchairfan wrote:
Ian wrote:
Sons FC wrote:

Ian

This is an annual subject isn't it.
It always ends up with the same answers too doesn't it.

The average ticket cost is, and it does. Yes.

I see we've started out on fans travelling to London on another thread too Laughing

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1