New Manager
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: New Manager Author: srn151161Location: North holmwood PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:12 am
    —
Whatever happens we must get this next appointment right as we so desperately need some stability. Its a slightly left field option but Gary Hill now ex Woking manager has produced many successful squads who have always tried to play attractive football.
Has limited experience of division 2 I think but certainly one to consider.

#2: Re: New Manager Author: Crawley BenLocation: Broadfield PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:48 am
    —
srn151161 wrote:
Whatever happens we must get this next appointment right as we so desperately need some stability. Its a slightly left field option but Gary Hill now ex Woking manager has produced many successful squads who have always tried to play attractive football.

Already mentioned in another thread - http://ctfc.net/forum/viewtopi.....p;start=15

#3:  Author: James PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:04 am
    —
No chance. Very widely disliked.

#4:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:20 am
    —
James wrote:
No chance. Very widely disliked.

Nail hit firmly on the head.

#5:  Author: Sussex Boy PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:20 am
    —
John Maggs or Ian Dowie

#6:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:08 am
    —
Sussex Boy wrote:
John Maggs or Ian Dowie
are we really that desperate?

#7:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:24 am
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Sussex Boy wrote:
John Maggs or Ian Dowie
are we really that desperate?

Or were the suggestions on the "very widely disliked" theme?

Wink

#8: Re: New Manager Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:33 am
    —
srn151161 wrote:

NO.

#9:  Author: mustaphashot PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:57 am
    —
2 quotes on Twitter from the press conference.
"Within two weeks the new management team will be appointed and work will begin as soon as possible."
"The reason for this is I want someone who knows the area, the town, the fans and the club."

Looks like there will be a restricted choice then!

#10:  Author: Alan (Cheltenham Branch) PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:59 am
    —
mustaphashot wrote:
"Within two weeks the new management team will be appointed and work will begin as soon as possible."
"The reason for this is I want someone who knows the area, the town, the fans and the club."

Maybe but it could include former players!

#11:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:10 pm
    —
mustaphashot wrote:

I'm waiting for a phone call. Very Happy

#12:  Author: thad PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:23 pm
    —
John Yems... Question

#13:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:23 pm
    —
mustaphashot wrote:
"I want someone who knows the area, the town, the fans and the club."

Hmm, that doesn't rule out a name I was given this morning. In fact, it very much rules them in...

And if you're who Thad thinks you are, Mustaphashot, then you're having dinner with him tonight! Shocked

#14:  Author: thad PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:36 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:

Hmm, that doesn't rule out a name I was given this morning. In fact, it very much rules them in...

And if you're who Thad thinks you are, Mustaphashot, then you're having dinner with him tonight! Shocked

Grasser.. Anyway Gareth Southgate might not be interested. Wink

#15:  Author: mustaphashot PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:36 pm
    —
I am intrigued!

#16:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:48 pm
    —
thad wrote:
John Yems... Question

Mr Eren said he'd like a young manager,wonder what he considers being young?John Yems is early fifties!!

#17:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:52 pm
    —
thad wrote:
Ian wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:

Grasser.. Anyway Gareth Southgate might not be interested. Wink

For the record, I disagreed with your assessment of Mustapha's true identity. Very Happy

#18:  Author: mustaphashot PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:00 pm
    —
My guess is that you have got my identity wrong, and anyway, I haven't seen Gareth for a little while. But please let's not turn this thread into a Guess Who competition.

I don't think looking backwards to find a new manager is a good idea. Much better to look forward.

#19:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:15 pm
    —
mustaphashot wrote:
My guess is that you have got my identity wrong, and anyway, I haven't seen Gareth for a little while. But please let's not turn this thread into a Guess Who competition.

I don't think looking backwards to find a new manager is a good idea. Much better to look forward.

Now I'm intrigued... Cool Wink

#20:  Author: thad PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:15 pm
    —
mustaphashot wrote:
My guess is that you have got my identity wrong, and anyway, I haven't seen Gareth for a little while. But please let's not turn this thread into a Guess Who competition..

I was quoted out of context, it was while I was stating my policy of having no interest in the real persona of forumites - initiated while Brighton Red brushed past myself and Ian - and in any case, you have always been very kind towards me Mustapha.

#21:  Author: WodinLocation: the computer wing of the mansion PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:37 pm
    —
John Yems would be wonderful, but I'm sure he gets paid more and has an excellent job at Bournemouth

#22:  Author: rh20devilLocation: west sussex PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:47 pm
    —
Simon Rusk & Danny Bulman joint
Or Yems & Bulman

#23:  Author: Jim BakerLocation: Worth actually PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:51 pm
    —
At the Plymouth game I was in the Mayo Glynn Baxter suite and afterwards had a quick word with a very well respected coach who was chatting to a certain lady board member.

Now 2+2 can often make 5 but he wouldn't be a bad choice and he lives close and knows the club.

Oooohhh don't you hate the teasers! Twisted Evil

Jim Baker

#24:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:31 am
    —
Wodin wrote:
John Yems would be wonderful, but I'm sure he gets paid more and has an excellent job at Bournemouth

I've bumped into him over the years and think he has a strong feeling of unfinished business at Crawley... but would likely want a younger protege to mentor... one interesting thought is that he knows Matty Harrold from their time together at Bristol...

scratch

#25:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:04 am
    —
I've spoken to John Yems a couple of times over the last 3 or 4 seasons regarding the managers position.He has wanted to be considered for the managers position every time it's become avaliable.He told me it's so frustrating not being given the opportunity for whatever reason.I last spoke to him at the Three Bridges friendly pre season and he said he was very happy at Bournmouth, but I'm still sure he'd have a chat with the club if they invited him for a chat.

#26:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:15 am
    —
Yems is very good friends with Drum my I am not sure he would want to take advantage of a friends sacking.

Plus the small fact he is probably earning 500k at Bournemouth so I can't see him rushing to Crawley

#27:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:46 am
    —
Craig Brewester Shocked

#28:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:53 am
    —
Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
Craig Brewester Shocked

Now that isn't a bad shout at all.

#29:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:12 am
    —
I'm really struggling to think of too many people who know the club etc who could realistically run the first team or U23s

Yems
Rusk
Brewster
Bulman
Coppell
Dean Saunders
Raynor or Evans - long shot
Torres - no coaching experience
Warrilow - very long shot, runs an academy I think, U23s
O'Driscoll
Yates or Dack - means going backwards
Mark Beard
Gary Alexander
Wilson - vague connection, used to play for Albion
Jay Saunders (Maidstone) - doesn't he come from down our way?

Last edited by Simon on Sat May 06, 2017 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

#30:  Author: GraemeLocation: Norwich PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:15 am
    —
Craig Brewester Shocked

Not a bad shout.
I thought Brewster should have got it when Evans left instead of SOD or Barker. Wonder what SOD is doing now ?

#31:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:35 am
    —
Simon wrote:
I'm really struggling to think of too many people who know the club etc who could realistically run the first team or U23s

Yems
Rusk
Brewster
Bulman
Coppell
Dean Saunders
O'Driscoll
Mark Beard

Cliff Cant Shocked

#32:  Author: seanoLocation: Cowfold cottage tandoori PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:04 pm
    —
My money is on rusk, if you think about it there's no way drummy got the sack off the back of the SSC... Surely that wasn't mentioned in his pre season objectives, but hypothetically if we had sacked him and then won and then announced Rusk as manager it would have looked a bit fishy... I may be over thinking this

#33:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:04 pm
    —
Simon wrote:

Yems
Rusk
Brewster
Bulman
Coppell
Dean Saunders
O'Driscoll
Mark Beard
Gary Alexander

Given his background, Drummy might have been a good choice to manage the U23 side. Development football is perhaps more in his comfort zone.

#34:  Author: John The GasLocation: Sunny Horsham PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:18 pm
    —
bridgesboy79 wrote:
Simon wrote:

Yems
Rusk
Brewster
Bulman
Coppell
Dean Saunders
O'Driscoll
Mark Beard
Gary Alexander

Given his background, Drummy might have been a good choice to manage the U23 side. Development football is perhaps more in his comfort zone.

That would cost money.

JTG

#35:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:46 pm
    —
seano wrote:
My money is on rusk, if you think about it there's no way drummy got the sack off the back of the SSC... Surely that wasn't mentioned in his pre season objectives, but hypothetically if we had sacked him and then won and then announced Rusk as manager it would have looked a bit fishy... I may be over thinking this

You are almost certainly over-thinking it.

It was the other way around Seano, the decision was almost certainly made a few weeks back... but had to be temporarily deferred because of the SSC final.

#36:  Author: chrism PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:08 pm
    —
Vic Bragg.

#37:  Author: WodinLocation: the computer wing of the mansion PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:18 pm
    —
Simon weatherstone ?

#38:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:39 pm
    —
Tony Goodgame - at least he has the right name for it.

#39:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:56 pm
    —
Heartbreaking news today from Steve Evans, he told BBC Nottingham that he "was not a League 2 manager" and that "I need to be sure I get supported to build a promotion squad" he went on to say "The first meeting I have to have is to sit down with the Chairman and Chief Executive and make sure their ambition levels are where mine are. They have never ever flinched with anything I have asked, but I need to understand their ambitions. If they are at my level then we go forward together, if they aren't then it's a separate conversation"

He's a silver tongued devil that man, I'm sure his Chairman and Chief Executive will have a warm glow reading his words

#40:  Author: pedlar PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:03 pm
    —
Steve King - Local, knows the area, young manager.

Craig Brewster still lives local young family - Asisstant/coach

#41:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:41 pm
    —
I am fairly sure despite what Eren said in the interview he knows who he is going to appoint.

Sounds like he is about to ally down some serious investment as well.

#42:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:44 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
I am fairly sure despite what Eren said in the interview he knows who he is going to appoint.

I think it may well bea certain GW.

#43:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:07 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

I hope not!

#44:  Author: trev PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:16 pm
    —
bridgesboy79 wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

I hope not!

DD got the sack for one win in thirteen so I cant see GW getting the managers job when he had one win in twenty at Newport. If he does get the job then here's one who will not be renewing his season ticket.

#45:  Author: John The GasLocation: Sunny Horsham PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:44 pm
    —
It would now be a good time for Matt Harrold to negotiate a new deal with himself as he's the Manager.

JTG

#46:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:13 am
    —
pedlar wrote:

Already been enough horror stories for one season.

#47:  Author: Red ArmyLocation: London PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:15 am
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Couldn't think of a more disastrous appointment.

#48:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:36 am
    —
Graham Westley,Steve King and Gary Hill. Shocked Shocked Shocked
It's a No from me.

#49:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:05 am
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

I think you may need to look to the skies for investment. Wink

Of course the brand of football GW encourages means you will be looking to the skies as well, but isn't he damaged goods nowadays, although he would claim that it was his January signings (including the manager) that turned Newport around, no matter what happens he seems to retain his confidence..? You could make the same case for Steve Evans.

You fellas seem to want a pit-bull in the dugout, so be careful for what you wish for.

#50:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:37 am
    —
Please God not Graeme Westley.

Dreadful football. Funny how immediately he was sacked by Newport those very same players won 7 out of 12 and kept them up.

#51:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:38 pm
    —
That would be a sure fire way of killing season ticket sales. I'd rather RR&R got the job.

#52:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:41 pm
    —
Its not Westley a different GW

#53:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:03 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:

Gary Waddock? Not convinced he's the right man to be honest but better than Westley.

#54:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:13 pm
    —
bridgesboy79 wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Gary Waddock? Not convinced he's the right man to be honest but better than Westley.

Let's face it Jeremy Corbyn would be better than Westley.

#55:  Author: backofthenetLocation: Oop North PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:21 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

And I think he's discovering you can't just have a team of left wingers.
Maybe Ian could be his assistant?

#56:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:31 pm
    —
backofthenet wrote:
Simon wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Maybe Diane Abbott could manage the budget. Squad of 30 players would cost us 10.50 and some Green Shield stamps.

#57:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:10 pm
    —
Simon wrote:

We'd have no defence left, if Corbyn had his way...........

We'd be strong down the left, but no right wing at all.

Wink

#58:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:39 pm
    —
Phil T wrote:
Simon wrote:

Wink

Maybe, but with the miners i would expect us to dig deep.

#59:  Author: Alan (Cheltenham Branch) PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:05 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Well, he might well be available in a few weeks time!

#60:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:45 pm
    —
pedlar wrote:

Craig Brewster still lives local young family - Asisstant/coach

Local, knows the area, has expensive tastes and I suggest you ask the good folk at Lewes and Macclesfield what they think of him. If I were to represent their views here I'd be banned for foul and abusive language.

We'd be better off calling John Gregory if that's our best option!

#61:  Author: srn151161Location: North holmwood PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:47 pm
    —
Steve King was at the game yesterday... mind he was also at the Dorking Wanderers play off semi final..!!

#62:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:50 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
backofthenet wrote:
Simon wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Maybe Diane Abbott could manage the budget. Squad of 30 players would cost us 10.50 and some Green Shield stamps.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#63:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:54 pm
    —
srn151161 wrote:
Steve King was at the game yesterday... mind he was also at the Dorking Wanderers play off semi final..!!

Steve Evans was also at the match yesterday ...........

The plot thickens .....

#64:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:01 pm
    —
srn151161 wrote:

The plot thickens .....

So was Michel Kuipers.

#65:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:03 pm
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

The plot thickens .....

So was Michel Kuipers.

Local, knows the club, knows the area ......... ( did I hear a certain owner mention that recently ?) ....

#66:  Author: SuperRedDevils PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:07 pm
    —
Mark Cooper. If Forest Green do not get promoted this year.

#67:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:19 pm
    —
It isn't Steve King . Notwithstanding his total lack of suitability. Macclesfield sacked him for failing to prepare the team properly. Other than that the biggest club he has managed is White hawk.

#68:  Author: WarrenLocation: Spain PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:45 pm
    —
I think I'd rather Westley than King.

That guy is like the non-league Harry Redknapp in the fact that every club he seems to have been at end up in huge financial trouble shortly after he departs to destroy another.

#69:  Author: JB PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:55 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
It isn't Steve King . Notwithstanding his total lack of suitability. Macclesfield sacked him for failing to prepare the team properly. Other than that the biggest club he has managed is White hawk.

Er....Lewes and Northwich?

#70:  Author: one touch footie PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:06 am
    —
Crawley69 wrote:

Guy Whittingham...Glen Wilson..??

#71:  Author: thad PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:10 am
    —
Okay chaps... you've had enough foreplay...

A certain Surrey-based ex-manager, fairly recently won the League 2 title with an unfancied side... and left them when they were top of League 1 and they subsequently got promoted..

...but did not do so well at Championship level with another club... and I believe that he is now available..?

scratch

His initials are JFH.. and I don't mean John *beep* Hollins..!

#72:  Author: one touch footie PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:35 am
    —
thad wrote:

A certain Surrey-based ex-manager, fairly recently won the League 2 title with an unfancied side... and left them when they were top of League 1 and they subsequently got promoted..

...but did not do so well at Championship level with another club... and I believe that he is now available..?

scratch

Where this fella was born...was he given a funny suriname by his parents.?

#73:  Author: thad PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:41 am
    —
one touch footie wrote:
thad wrote:

scratch

That didn't cause you too much Hassle.. and you can... er.. Baink on it Wink

#74:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:46 am
    —
Warren wrote:
I think I'd rather Westley than King.

That guy is like the non-league Harry Redknapp in the fact that every club he seems to have been at end up in huge financial trouble shortly after he departs to destroy another.
if westley is appointed attendances will plumbet

#75:  Author: mickyboyLocation: under the stairs PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:33 am
    —
Hope Powell

#76:  Author: Stuart of ShildonLocation: Shildon, County Durham PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 am
    —
thad wrote:
one touch footie wrote:
thad wrote:

scratch

That didn't cause you too much Hassle.. and you can... er.. Baink on it Wink
If it is him then that is good news.

#77:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:15 am
    —
mickyboy wrote:
Hope Powell

I would certainly take her over Westley or Steve King!

#78:  Author: RupertLocation: on the train to Elgin PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:38 am
    —
Hearing Garry waddock has turned down our advances. Big blow that.

#79:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:39 am
    —
if it is JFH I have been saying that for a while,

I am not going to miss the chance to win a few quid like I did when Bilic got the Hammers job and i had called it 2 months previous to his appointment so i'm off to the bookies.

Michel Kuipers is interesting as he is a football agent these days so it was more likely he was representing someone than he was there as a potential candidate

#80:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:56 am
    —
bridgesboy79 wrote:
mickyboy wrote:
Hope Powell

What position?. Embarassed

#81:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:17 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
Plus the small fact he is probably earning 500k at Bournemouth so I can't see him rushing to Crawley

laughing4 laughing4 laughing4

#82:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:19 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Do you thing C69 just picks random numbers out of the air, or does he listen to what the voices in his head are telling him?

#83:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:20 pm
    —
Phil T wrote:
Simon wrote:

Wink

And completely broke within 6 months!

#84:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:22 pm
    —
Warren wrote:
Harry Redknapp ... every club he seems to have been at end up in huge financial trouble shortly after he departs

Really? Which clubs are they Warren?

#85:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:24 pm
    —
bridgesboy79 wrote:
mickyboy wrote:
Hope Powell

I suspect most of us would banana banana banana 3some 3some 3some

#86:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:25 pm
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
Ian wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Do you thing C69 just picks random numbers out of the air, or does he listen to what the voices in his head are telling him?

If I didn't know that Crawley 69 was Matt Howlett, I'd think 'it' was Diane Abbott Laughing Laughing

#87:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:20 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Ian wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

If I didn't know that Crawley 69 was Matt Howlett, I'd think 'it' was Diane Abbott Laughing Laughing

Beat me to it Laughing

#88:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:35 pm
    —
The position of Director of Football and Recruitment would almost certainly command a salary in the region of 500k.

Dean Saunders is the bookies favourite - He nearly produced a miracle when he was here and I would def welcome him back. Very positive character as well which helps.

Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank also mentioned ?

#89:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:47 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
Dean Saunders is the bookies favourite - He nearly produced a miracle when he was here and I would def welcome him back. Very positive character as well which helps.

Did he not end up with a similar record to John Gregory?

I do recall that a couple of tactical errors against Peterborough and Coventry ensured that we lost the last two games........ and gave us relegation.

Crawley69 wrote:
Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank also mentioned ?

Wouldn't mind seeing him in the job. Did well at Burton.

#90:  Author: thad PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:48 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
The position of Director of Football and Recruitment would almost certainly command a salary in the region of 500k.

At Chelsea... but at Bournemouth you need to divide that figure by a factor of ten. Their total wage bill for 2016-17 was 34m. The equivalent figure for Man City is 225m.

#91:  Author: WarrenLocation: Spain PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:40 pm
    —
Not sure what to think with JFH.

Remember when he joined Burton they were riding the crest of the wave and he had the same players who did excellently for Gary Rowett - who ended up going to Birmingham.

We've seen from our Conference triumph what sort of momentum a promotion can give a club, which worked for Burton in League One. During the season, he got a move to QPR and was found out.

I'd question some of the signings at QPR with a number of them purchased from foreign clubs who either weren't good enough or didn't know the league. It's no surprise that when he left, Ian Holloway brought in players with proven Championship experience such as Matt Smith, Luke Freeman and Kazenga Lua-Lua.

#92:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:55 pm
    —
thad wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

At Chelsea... but at Bournemouth you need to divide that figure by a factor of ten. Their total wage bill for 2016-17 was 34m. The equivalent figure for Man City is 225m.

It was 59.6m in 2015-2016 and I doubt it has halved this season.

http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/art.....93219.aspx

I would be gobsmacked if JY was on anything remotely close to 500K.

#93:  Author: Broadfield DaveLocation: Location, Location PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:01 pm
    —
I'd be ecstatic with JFH considering the other 'favourites' for the job. He may have inherited a good lot from Rowett but had them for a couple of years, got them playing excellent football that didn't overreach in terms of trying to be too flash. They had a good mix of good play and pragmatism. If anything I'd say Clough has benefited from the good work of JFH.

I don't think it counts as being 'found out' by not doing so well at QPR. That club is just a mess. Besides, not doing well at QPR and managing Crawley are like two different worlds. The current favourite for the job was an unmitigated disaster at Chesterfield, and didn't actually do that well here in the end (his record was no better than Gregory's I seem to remember).

On the other hand, I'd be astonished if JFH was willing to come here. It'd be a big step down from Burton let alone QPR.

#94:  Author: thad PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:09 pm
    —
Broadfield Dave wrote:
.On the other hand, I'd be astonished if JFH was willing to come here. It'd be a big step down from Burton let alone QPR.

I'm not sure about that, he went to Burton for a salary of 40k (famously less than his weekly wage as a top-flight player) because he wanted the challenge... and commuted from Surrey... I think if he had assurances about the right level of backing, that he might just fancy it...(?)

Last edited by thad on Mon May 08, 2017 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

#95:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:14 pm
    —
thad wrote:
Broadfield Dave wrote:
.On the other hand, I'd be astonished if JFH was willing to come here. It'd be a big step down from Burton let alone QPR.

I'm not sure about that, he went to Burton for a salary of 40k (famously less than his weekly wage as a top-flight player) because he wanted the challenge... I think if he had assurances about the right level of backing, that he might just fancy it...(?)

Exactly. Managers don't like to be out of work for too long before getting back on the bike. If he thinks he can do a job why not....a stepping stone to something else.

#96:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:28 pm
    —
what we do know or at least have a very good idea of is that JFH isn't in it for the money, he has a strong fighting spirit and will happily kick the players up the a*** when needed.

couple him with Danny Bulman or Michel Kuipers and i think you have a strong intelligent duo that will push not only each other on but the team as well

i would worry as much about JFH's QPR stint as I would from Steve Evans stint at Leeds so rest assured i'll sleep like a baby

#97:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:01 pm
    —
If memory serves me correctly, didn't Mr Eren only say last week he wanted someone local who knew the club and town ?

Isn't Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink from the Netherlands ?

#98:  Author: Red ArmyLocation: London PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:40 pm
    —
Season ticket prices announced this week. Seems a bit later than usual, wonder if it's going to be timed to coincide with the new manager announcement.

#99:  Author: John The GasLocation: Sunny Horsham PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:52 pm
    —
If memory serves me correctly, didn't Mr Eren only say last week he wanted someone local who knew the club and town ?

He does originate from The Netherlands and I do believe he once landed at Gatwick and came to County Mall to spend some money in Burger King Embarassed

JTG

#100:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:53 pm
    —
Red Army wrote:
Season ticket prices announced this week. Seems a bit later than usual, wonder if it's going to be timed to coincide with the new manager announcement.
just timed after the dummy went doubt club can afford to wait for a new manager

#101:  Author: Crawley Dan PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:05 pm
    —
[quote="lochislair"]
pedlar wrote:
We'd be better off calling John Gregory if that's our best option!

Please don't even begin to joke, Ian. I never wish to see that fraud anywhere near this club again!

#102:  Author: Crawley BenLocation: Broadfield PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:32 pm
    —
I see Paul Ince & Brian McDermott are amongst the named mentioned in the article below.

http://www.crawleyobserver.co......-1-7951272

Don't think the latter has been in management since his departure from Leeds when that Italian guy took the club over. Would McDermott be a popular choice I wonder?

Ben

#103:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:13 pm
    —
Oddschecker have Bet Victor showing

Andy Hessenthaler, Brian McDermott, Dean Saunders & Mark Allen at 10-1

Dennis Wise & Richard Hill at 12-1

Paul Ince 14-1

Billy Davies, Neil Redfearn & Nigel Adkins at 16-1

none of the other 20 odd bookies are giving odds at all

#104:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:52 pm
    —

He is indeed but doesn't live far away.
A very good friend of mine was heavily involved with some major building works he had done at his place a few years back.He said Jimmy was a top,top bloke.
Doesn't mean he's gonna manage us though!! Laughing

#105:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:46 am
    —
The fly in the ointment with JFH is whether he would be a serious candidate for the vacancy at ex-club Middlesbrough - in the championship next season.

#106:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:18 am
    —
thad wrote:
The fly in the ointment with JFH is whether he would be a serious candidate for the vacancy at ex-club Middlesbrough - in the championship next season.

Bit of a commute from Surrey, though........

And for Armchairfan's mate if he has to work on a house up there Wink

#107:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:31 am
    —
Phil T wrote:
thad wrote:

Jimmy took them all out for dinner and drinks on several occasions!!!
I'm not a big fan of ex Chelsea players, but I thought that was a top thing to do.

#108:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:03 am
    —
Armchairfan wrote:
Phil T wrote:
thad wrote:

Jimmy took them all out for dinner and drinks on several occasions!!!
I'm not a big fan of ex Chelsea players, but I thought that was a top thing to do.

Ah, club loyalties Wink

But we do know those can change, vis--vis Izale Mcleod....... villain at Pompey, more popular when he joined us .......

#109:  Author: James PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:30 am
    —
TownMeadLeftover wrote:

Paul Ince 14-1

Those prices should tell you they don't have a clue and are simply doing the rounds of out of work managers.

#110:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:52 am
    —
James wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:

Paul Ince 14-1

Those prices should tell you they don't have a clue and are simply doing the rounds of out of work managers.

Exactly. The same managers get quoted for every job, Ince, Wise and Relegation Redfearn.

To show what b/s it is, sackrace.com quoting the same BetVictor have:

Omar Riza 8-1

Luke Garrard, Chris Kinnear, Jay Saunders, Paul Doswell, Hessenthaler, McDermott, Allen 10-1

Wise, Jackett, Waddock, Still 12-1

Ince 14-1

Flitcroft, Coyle, Hasselbaink, Stubbs, Freedman, Powell, Davies, Redfearn, Bentley, Cooper, Adkins 16-1

#111:  Author: pedlar PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:03 am
    —
There is no Turkish manager on the list?

Shame we can't bet on the nationality of the new manager. Turkey would be my favourite.

Rolling Eyes

#112:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:18 am
    —
pedlar wrote:

Shame we can't bet on the nationality of the new manager. Turkey would be my favourite.

Rolling Eyes

Omer Riza was born in England, but is of Turkish Cypriot descent. Does that count? Very Happy

#113:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:20 am
    —
pedlar wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Maybe Davies is Turkish. I could never understand what he was saying.

#114:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:40 am
    —
How come our old pal SOD has been missed off the usual suspects list..?

scratch

#115:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:09 am
    —
James wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:

Paul Ince 14-1

And the odd snooker player thrown in, just for fun!

#116:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:10 pm
    —
As stated above, the bookies are listing names without a clue.

I'd like to throw in the Chuckle Brothers for consideration.

#117:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:19 pm
    —
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
As stated above, the bookies are listing names without a clue.

I'd like to throw in the Chuckle Brothers for consideration.

Nah... not after the crap job they did at Valencia..! Confused

#118:  Author: trev PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:43 pm
    —
Another name to throw in the mix is Ben Smith who is working with Rush at Brighton and has done his badges. Ben as manager and either Harold or Bulman as his side kick.

#119:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:43 pm
    —
Armchairfan wrote:
James wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:

Paul Ince 14-1

And the odd snooker player thrown in, just for fun!

Does anyone actually know anything about Mark Allen? he's got the cv of a secret agent on wiki. I would rather have Marcus Allen, Crawley could do with a big experienced running back

Aha, there's a Mark Allen Man City academy director, oh no, no, no, no

Last edited by TownMeadLeftover on Tue May 09, 2017 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

#120:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:36 pm
    —
trev wrote:
Another name to throw in the mix is Ben Smith who is working with Rush at Brighton and has done his badges. Ben as manager and either Harold or Bulman as his side kick.

Let's be realistic. Ben is U16 coach at Brighton and apart from Saturday's stand in job those three don't have any league experience between them.

#121:  Author: royboyLocation: Horsham PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:48 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
trev wrote:

Let's be realistic. Ben is U16 coach at Brighton and apart from Saturday's stand in job those three don't have any league experience between them.

Ben Smith has already said on Twitter it's too early for him

#122:  Author: Broadfield DaveLocation: Location, Location PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:56 pm
    —
To be honest there doesn't really seem to be a standout candidate who both has enough experience and also has a connection with the club. I like the owner's general idea, but think it'd be better to appoint a proper manager with experience who can lead for now, and have a Bulman and/or Harrold on the coaching staff to mentor into the role over the next 2/3 years. I think we found with Drummy that you can have all the coaching credentials on your CV, but a lack of experience of this level can leave you getting found out quite harshly.

That's where someone like JFH would be perfect. He'd only expect to be here for a year or two before a bigger club comes in for him again, and by then someone like Bulman might be ready to step up.

#123:  Author: trev PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:07 pm
    —
Does anyone know if Bulman is interested because his name keeps getting mention but if he is not interested then we are wasting our time.

#124:  Author: Broadfield DaveLocation: Location, Location PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:17 pm
    —
trev wrote:
Does anyone know if Bulman is interested because his name keeps getting mention but if he is not interested then we are wasting our time.

Not sure he's even indicated he wants to be a coach, it's just one of those things that makes sense in our heads Laughing

#125:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:36 pm
    —
Broadfield Dave wrote:
trev wrote:

Not sure he's even indicated he wants to be a coach, it's just one of those things that makes sense in our heads Laughing

I wouldn't mind getting a decent season out of him playing in our midfield, he's never lacked fitness, anything else is a bonus.

#126:  Author: Broadfield DaveLocation: Location, Location PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:03 pm
    —
thad wrote:
Broadfield Dave wrote:
trev wrote:

I wouldn't mind getting a decent season out of him playing in our midfield, he's never lacked fitness, anything else is a bonus.

Definitely. First thought when he was released was sign him up. Didn't realise he's 38, but then he's played 44 games for the Wombles this season so obviously his fitness isn't an issue.

#127:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:46 pm
    —
Broadfield Dave wrote:
thad wrote:
Broadfield Dave wrote:
trev wrote:

Definitely. First thought when he was released was sign him up. Didn't realise he's 38, but then he's played 44 games for the Wombles this season so obviously his fitness isn't an issue.

He was a bit Jan Molbyesque by all accounts - a move to some form of player/management role might be something worth approaching him on. He must be thinking of what comes after his playing career. If you don't ask you don't get...

#128:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:48 pm
    —
thad wrote:
Broadfield Dave wrote:
trev wrote:

Exactly. Get him in as player-coach. Our midfielders could learn a lot from him, and I'm sure everyone would be happy for Dannie to get plenty of game time. We'd be infinitely better with Bulman in the team. Whether he'd want to come back here is anyone's guess. As for the new manager, I wouldn't mind Hasselbaink getting the gig.

#129:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:54 pm
    —
I know we can all cast our minds back to Bully charging round the broad field he is fit but I watched Wimbledon twice last season and its not the Buleman we remember.

No issue with him joining the club but its not realistic as a player he will be 39 in Jan.

#130:  Author: John The GasLocation: Sunny Horsham PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:19 am
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
I know we can all cast our minds back to Bully charging round the broad field he is fit but I watched Wimbledon twice last season and its not the Buleman we remember.

No issue with him joining the club but its not realistic as a player he will be 39 in Jan.

Irrespective of age, if you're good enough, then you're old enough!

JTG

#131:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:00 am
    —
Crawley69 wrote:

Don't talk rubbish. He's just played a season in L1, but you don't think he's good enough for a team barely avoiding relegation in L2? Rolling Eyes

#132:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:22 am
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Don't talk rubbish. He's just played a season in L1, but you don't think he's good enough for a team barely avoiding relegation in L2? Rolling Eyes

I must say I am not convinced either. I would be looking for someone younger that we might be able to build around for the next 2/3 years.

He may have just played a L1 season, however presumably AFC think he won't manage another which is why he has been let go. Plus it's not just 'good enough', it's also fit enough, and the pace of L2 isn't much different to L1.

As player/coach, that is a different thing, but someone at CTFC told me Saturday that wasn't on the agenda. It must have been looked into as I was also told Bully doesn't have any coaching badges.

I know Bully was a good player for us but I would be quite alarmed if we thought someone 39 in January was really the right way forward.

Is Jamie Cureton still available?

#133:  Author: Sussex Boy PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:49 am
    —
Dougie Freeman seen in Town centre yesterday and today.....

#134:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:03 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

I must say I am not convinced either. I would be looking for someone younger that we might be able to build around for the next 2/3 years.

He may have just played a L1 season, however presumably AFC think he won't manage another which is why he has been let go. Plus it's not just 'good enough', it's also fit enough, and the pace of L2 isn't much different to L1.

As player/coach, that is a different thing, but someone at CTFC told me Saturday that wasn't on the agenda. It must have been looked into as I was also told Bully doesn't have any coaching badges.

I know Bully was a good player for us but I would be quite alarmed if we thought someone 39 in January was really the right way forward.

I've been talking - it's all hypothetical of course - about how I think he would be great for us as a player coach. He knows the club, the fans love him, and although at 39 fitness might become an issue he is still a better midfielder than those we have at the moment. We'd get games out of him, the midfielders would learn from him - it's not the future but it is something that could work in the short term.

Morris started this season as goalkeeping coach, and 3rd choice, and ended it as our player of the season. There's no harm getting some experienced guys in as player coaches. We could take up the option on Harrold, have him as striker coach (apart from Collins, how many of our other players actually shoot when they get the chance, as opposed to looking to pass?) and he could be an option off the bench if/when he's fit.

These are all players in their 30s that know the game, and the demands of L2, and are all popular with the fans. For next season it could work. As stated, Bulman might not want to come back here so it's speculation there.

#135:  Author: ElTel PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:41 pm
    —
Harrold coaching strikers on goal scoring,what is his goal ratio?Some on this forum seem forever keen to have ex players back but I'm not convinced that the returnee's this season Connelly,Yorwerth and Murphy have been much of a success.

#136:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:14 pm
    —
ElTel wrote:
Harrold coaching strikers on goal scoring,what is his goal ratio?Some on this forum seem forever keen to have ex players back but I'm not convinced that the returnee's this season Connelly,Yorwerth and Murphy have been much of a success.

love that about Harrold would be like Patrick Viera teaching on field discipline

#137:  Author: far2jammy PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:23 pm
    —
Sulton111 wrote:
ElTel wrote:

love that about Harrold would be like Patrick Viera teaching on field discipline

This is a great idea.

We can get Maggs or Evans back to be treasurer
Keith Sharmen discipline specialist
Craig Whittington on herbal supplements
Cliff Cant or Peter Garland as fitness coaches

#138:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:04 pm
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
Simon wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

I've been talking - it's all hypothetical of course - about how I think he would be great for us as a player coach. He knows the club, the fans love him, and although at 39 fitness might become an issue he is still a better midfielder than those we have at the moment. We'd get games out of him, the midfielders would learn from him - it's not the future but it is something that could work in the short term.

Morris started this season as goalkeeping coach, and 3rd choice, and ended it as our player of the season. There's no harm getting some experienced guys in as player coaches. We could take up the option on Harrold, have him as striker coach (apart from Collins, how many of our other players actually shoot when they get the chance, as opposed to looking to pass?) and he could be an option off the bench if/when he's fit.

These are all players in their 30s that know the game, and the demands of L2, and are all popular with the fans. For next season it could work. As stated, Bulman might not want to come back here so it's speculation there.

Indeed it's all about opinions.

I would have thought that on paper a midfield squad of Roberts, Smith, Djalo, Cox and Enzio would have more than held its own in this league. However football isn't played on paper and it hasn't worked out that way. Poor coaching? Poor motivation? Just not good enough?

Would Dannie strengthen the team ? Could he coach them to better results?

Interesting debate really.

#139:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:03 am
    —
Simon wrote:
I would have thought that on paper a midfield squad of Roberts, Smith, Djalo, Cox and Enzio would have more than held its own in this league. However football isn't played on paper and it hasn't worked out that way. Poor coaching? Poor motivation? Just not good enough?

Interesting how that exact midfield gave us a good spectacle - and a point - against Mansfield.

After DD had gone.......

#140:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:20 am
    —
Phil T wrote:
Simon wrote:

Interesting how that exact midfield gave us a good spectacle - and a point - against Mansfield.

After DD had gone.......

Presumably Harrold was far better at motivating the players than DD was. dontknow

#141:  Author: thad PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:51 am
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
Phil T wrote:

After DD had gone.......

Presumably Harrold was far better at motivating the players than DD was. dontknow

Well yes... but there is always two parts to the equation... cos you can only ever motivate those who are receptive to motivation...

scratch

...for a lot of last season Jose could not motivate Eden Hazard... yet this season neither appear to be lacking in that department...(?)

#142:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:13 am
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Simon wrote:

After DD had gone.......

I thought that MH team did away with trying to pass the ball out from the back, and were more direct. MH spent the time trying to urge the players forwards. The result was more high balls and less fannying around at the back.

#143:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:10 pm
    —
thad wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Phil T wrote:

After DD had gone.......

Well yes... but there is always two parts to the equation... cos you can only ever motivate those who are receptive to motivation...

They seemed quite receptive to it in the Mansfield game......
A shame Harrold hasn't got a bit longer to work with them.

#144:  Author: chrism PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:58 pm
    —
Matt Harold now 4/5 to be next manager with bet victor, somebody knows something.

#145:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:47 pm
    —
chrism wrote:
Matt Harold now 4/5 to be next manager with bet victor, somebody knows something.

Well, he has got 100% unbeaten record in management Wink

#146:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:56 pm
    —
chrism wrote:

Huge,huge risk if Harrold gets the gig.I would be staggered if he is appointed.

#147:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:05 pm
    —
chrism wrote:

His win rate is 0% Shocked

#148:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:42 pm
    —
It would be a huge mistake. Can't base a decision on half d a game of football. Hoping Eren has better judgement.

If he appoint Harold very likely he will find his club in the conference in 2018.
But for circumstances Matt wasn't considering mgt as his next step. Zero experience he got through on adrenalin and frankly seemed overwhelmed by the experience afterwards.

I like Harold but this would be the wrong decision for the wrong reasons.

Last edited by Crawley69 on Thu May 11, 2017 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

#149:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:49 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
It would be a huge mistake. Can't base a decision on had a game of football. Hoping Seen has better judgement.

Did you help Corbyn write the Labour manifesto by any chance?

scratch

#150:  Author: AlunLocation: Pound Hill PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
    —
I like the idea of Harrold staying at the club either as a first team coach, assistant manager or U23 coach.

I am however, more than a little concerned about a total novice taking the manager's job. An experienced coach, albeit at development level has just failed in the role.

As much as I'd love to be proven wrong if this does happen, I really can't see a total novice being a success.

We took a punt on an unknown last season and I feel someone with at least some experience and ideally with at least some historical success is what's required.

Last edited by Alun on Thu May 11, 2017 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

#151:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:38 pm
    —
chrism wrote:

If true it's a total joke.

#152:  Author: srn151161Location: North holmwood PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:56 pm
    —
If true shows total lack of ambition from our new owner...Also how many experienced managers have shown any real interest...The lack of any real increase in the budget will only entice dersperado's....

#153:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:33 pm
    —
BetVictor post some odds and everyone goes into meltdown. Top stuff thumbright

#154:  Author: mattyman PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:33 pm
    —
Manager markets are notoriously volatile. Someone may have called up and stuck a tenner on him and that would've affected the odds dramatically

#155:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:06 am
    —
chrism wrote:

That's just to encourage people without a clue to waste a free bet.

#156:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:21 am
    —
It would be like making him our goalkeeper on the strength of a game against MK.

#157:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:18 am
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
BetVictor post some odds and everyone goes into meltdown. Top stuff thumbright

Haha, totally agree.

Before the shortest odds were 12/1.

Lots of speculation here, but in truth no-one knows anything and as usual the appointment will be out the blue.

#158:  Author: thad PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:47 am
    —
This article may give pause for thought... the numbers appear to make a strong case for the appointment of a manager from overseas
Quote:
...the overseas-manager effect is also seen lower down the leagues. In the Football League the average points per game works out at 1.36 for British and Irish managers since the 1992-93 season, and 1.49 for foreign managers. In other words, a six-point improvement over a 46-game season.

#159:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:49 am
    —
Lots of speculation here, but in truth no-one knows anything and as usual the appointment will be out the blue.

Careful there, wasn't DD out of the blues?

#160:  Author: Stuart of ShildonLocation: Shildon, County Durham PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:12 am
    —
TownMeadLeftover wrote:

And in my opinion DD
should still be Head Coach/ Manager of Crawley Town FC.

#161:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:16 am
    —
Stuart of Shildon wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:

And in my opinion DD

Is it the energy and passion he shows on the touchline, or the glorious run of results in the last few months that makes you think that?

#162:  Author: ElTel PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:50 am
    —
Stuart of Shildon wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:

And in my opinion DD
Why?

#163:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:30 am
    —
ElTel wrote:
Stuart of Shildon wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:

And in my opinion DD
Why?

Stability?

#164:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:22 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
It would be a huge mistake. Can't base a decision on half d a game of football.

Who was in charge for the other half then? Laughing

#165:  Author: crawleyguy21 PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:04 pm
    —
Harrold is now 2/5 to become manager with BetVictor. I noticed Dannie Bulman is now 8/1 2nd favourite. I'm assuming someone has been reading the forum Laughing

#166:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:21 pm
    —
Phil T wrote:
ElTel wrote:
Stuart of Shildon wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:

And in my opinion DD
Why?

Stability?

I don't think Mr Eren fancied us being stable, back down in the conference, or whatever it's called these days.

#167:  Author: John The GasLocation: Sunny Horsham PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:30 pm
    —
Peter wrote:
chrism wrote:

His win rate is 0% Shocked

But he hasn't lost a game,either Laughing

JTG

#168:  Author: Jim BakerLocation: Worth actually PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:31 pm
    —
Steve Fletcher.

Youngish, knows the club (which means he fits the bill) and is working in some capacity for Bournemouth.

I just heard his name mentioned and it struck me as a good shout.

Who knows?

Jim Baker

#169:  Author: AlunLocation: Pound Hill PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:45 pm
    —
Jim Baker wrote:
Steve Fletcher.

Youngish, knows the club (which means he fits the bill) and is working in some capacity for Bournemouth.

I just heard his name mentioned and it struck me as a good shout.

Who knows?

Jim Baker

I sincerely hope not. I thought he was a disgrace while here as a player and wouldn't welcome him back in any capacity.

#170:  Author: crawleyguy21 PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:16 pm
    —
i dont like the idea of going for a younger manager unless they have experience at this level. For every young manager that is a success there are loads that are not!! The most important thing is to appoint someone who knows the league we are in and can get the right players in for that challenge. Young or old!!

#171:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:38 pm
    —
We need experience and proven ability not a novice gamble and why rush into this?

#172:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:44 pm
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
We need experience and proven ability not a novice gamble and why rush into this?

I agree on the former but not the latter insomuch as it would be nice to get someone in before pre-season so that he can get a grip on things.

#173:  Author: trev PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:51 pm
    —
How long will we have to wait before we get some official information from the club regarding who the next manager is. By not coming out with any information it shows Eren did not have anyone lined up.

#174:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 pm
    —
trev wrote:
How long will we have to wait before we get some official information from the club regarding who the next manager is. By not coming out with any information it shows Eren did not have anyone lined up.

If could be someone who is on contract somewhere else. Or who has asked for some time to consider the offer. Or who is discussing terms.

Or, surprise surprise, we might be interviewing a few different people.

It's only 10 days since DD left so a bit of patience is probably sensible. I'm sure Mr Eren will tell you when he's ready....

#175:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:32 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
trev wrote:

If could be someone who is on contract somewhere else. Or who has asked for some time to consider the offer. Or who is discussing terms.

Or, surprise surprise, we might be interviewing a few different people.

It's only 10 days since DD left so a bit of patience is probably sensible. I'm sure Mr Eren will tell you when he's ready....

Peter Bellamy?

#176:  Author: WarrenLocation: Spain PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:28 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
trev wrote:

It could also be someone who is waiting to see if he gets a job in a higher division, whilst having an offer on the table from us.

As it is, I've seen both Harry Kewell and Steve King linked with the job today. Kewell was a great player during his Leeds days, but failed in management with Watford's kids.

King has been around and has no EFL experience, but does know the area and has a track record of discovering some rough, local diamonds in the likes of David Wheeler, who's scored 20 goals from midfield this season for Exeter, Jed Wallace, who's on loan at Millwall, and Solly March.

Both aren't the answer for us, in my opinion. For me, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink seems the best - linked and realistic - option.

On the timeframe of the appointment, whilst I understand ZE wants to make the right appointment, time is also marching on. Teams are already making signings - Mansfield and Stevenage have two each already - and we still have no idea who's likely to be retained and released from the current batch.

If we are still in this situation in a week's time then I'd urge ZE to hurry things up!

Last edited by Warren on Mon May 15, 2017 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

#177:  Author: revsieLocation: Taunton PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:14 pm
    —
Well BetVictor who were the only ones showing any odds on the next manager have taken them down. I know it is no real indication on who it might be but for them to take it down might mean a decision is not too far away!

#178:  Author: crawleyguy21 PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:19 pm
    —
it might mean a decision will be pretty soon. It might mean the bookies are concerned that someone knows something and have just stopped anyone trying to lump on!!

#179:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:41 pm
    —
I fear th West Sussex Gazette is warming the fans up for Steve King. Disappointing but i hope he does well.

#180:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:09 pm
    —
trev wrote:
does that matter and whats the rush?

#181:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:17 pm
    —
Steve King be announced back end of the week.

#182:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:38 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
all speculative at present. Did well at non league Lewes but think he or most can do ok with a fully piggy bank but with loose change and the dummy's offcasts it will need a special kind of manager. Not sure SK is that and hi cv hardly stands out at higher levels. If it is likes of SK i think our owners are either outta money and looking for a cheaper manager or lost the pot or both.

#183:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
    —
The issue with Steve King seems to be the number of off field issues that go with him. Left Lewes 2nd time after an internal investigation, also off field issues at Macclesfield it was reported.

#184:  Author: trev PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:13 am
    —
He is not the manager we want look how he left Lewes bankrupt and they are still trying to recover so Steve King NO THANK YOU.

#185:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:14 am
    —
Simon wrote:
The issue with Steve King seems to be the number of off field issues that go with him. Left Lewes 2nd time after an internal investigation, also off field issues at Macclesfield it was reported.
brown envelopes?

#186:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:04 am
    —
Crawley69 wrote:

Massive risk - reckon he'll be totally out of his depth and no big pot of money to play with either

#187:  Author: 2oo2Red PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:49 am
    —
nemo wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Massive risk - reckon he'll be totally out of his depth and no big pot of money to play with either

I posted the following in a previous thread about 'Should Dermot go?'

2oo2Red wrote:
Is there any other manager out there that would want to come to Crawley who are already in a job that are considerably better than Dermot? No.

Will we get a flurry of managers applying for the managers job if we did for instance sack Drummy? yes. Better than Dermot? Probably not because they're out of a job.

Makes no sense to sack Dermot when we wont have anyone considerably better to come in.

This country is full of Managers who blag a professional career at a lower league level (Yates, Barker) do we want one of those again?

If we appoint Steve King, he well and truly falls into the categories outlined in my post... probably no better than Dermot and most certainly a manager that has blagged his way around the lower leagues. Rolling Eyes

I really do hope we have someone better lined up than Steve King.

#188:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:16 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
trev wrote:

Exactly. He probably wants to see the play offs out before handing in his notice at 'Wall.

#189:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:18 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:

Well at least this puts Steve King out of the picture. Phew.

#190:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:17 pm
    —
http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....17688.aspx

The search goes on.....

#191:  Author: Broadfield DaveLocation: Location, Location PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:19 pm
    —
Edit, never mind.

If it's Steve King then no season ticket for me thank you very much.

#192:  Author: mustaphashot PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:34 pm
    —
This is a critical appointment in more ways than one. It will demonstrate the owner's attitude to the club. His ambition for the club will be clear after this appointment. I am sad to say that appointing Westley, King or Harrold will show a total lack of ambition. If one of these is appointed, it will end my interest in CTFC after following the club since the early 1970s. We all know the club is not what it was. But at least the fans are entitled to a glimmer of hope. Appointing any of those mentioned extinguishes that glimmer for me.

#193:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:45 pm
    —
2oo2Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

2oo2Red wrote:
Is there any other manager out there that would want to come to Crawley who are already in a job that are considerably better than Dermot? No.

Will we get a flurry of managers applying for the managers job if we did for instance sack Drummy? yes. Better than Dermot? Probably not because they're out of a job.

Makes no sense to sack Dermot when we wont have anyone considerably better to come in.

This country is full of Managers who blag a professional career at a lower league level (Yates, Barker) do we want one of those again?

If we appoint Steve King, he well and truly falls into the categories outlined in my post... probably no better than Dermot and most certainly a manager that has blagged his way around the lower leagues. Rolling Eyes

Me too - someone young and hungry to make a mark would be a better risk than what we are currently hearing

#194:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:09 pm
    —
nemo wrote:
2oo2Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

2oo2Red wrote:

Me too - someone young and hungry to make a mark would be a better risk than what we are currently hearing

To be fair, most of the candidates mentioned are just ones the bookies have come up with, or suggestions from people on this forum. It's all rumours and speculation. Quite rightly, the club haven't said who they have interviewed. It might not be any of the guys mentioned on here or BetVictor. People need to stop panicking until there has actually been an announcement.

#195:  Author: SuperRedDevils PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:39 pm
    —
Be patient. In Mr Eren we trust!

#196:  Author: allanpLocation: The posh part of Crawley ! PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:25 pm
    —
I'm available but wouldn't go to all the away matches and already have a holiday booked in the autumn

#197:  Author: Jim BakerLocation: Worth actually PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:46 pm
    —
allanp wrote:
I'm available but wouldn't go to all the away matches and already have a holiday booked in the autumn

We're had managers away during the season before (I believe) if not definitely pre-season.

Missing away games will be ok as most of the supporters miss them anyway and we wouldn't notice. Very Happy

Jim Baker

#198:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:59 pm
    —
Jim Baker wrote:
allanp wrote:

We're had managers away during the season before (I believe) if not definitely pre-season.

Missing away games will be ok as most of the supporters miss them anyway and we wouldn't notice. Very Happy

Jim Baker

We have had players go on holiday for the whole season.

Or perhaps it just feels like it....

#199:  Author: WarrenLocation: Spain PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:05 pm
    —
Jim Baker wrote:
allanp wrote:

Jim Baker

I remember Vines missing a couple during our Southern League promotion campaign and one of Bettineli (whose son is playing in goal for Fulham these day, just to make you all feel old) or Swindlehurst (I'm pretty sure it was him) taking over the reigns. Almost certain we thrashed Worcester 4-0 or 4-1 at home when Vines was away - Carl Wilson-Denis hat-trick IIRC!

#200:  Author: srn151161Location: North holmwood PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:32 pm
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
nemo wrote:
2oo2Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

2oo2Red wrote:

To be fair, most of the candidates mentioned are just ones the bookies have come up with, or suggestions from people on this forum. It's all rumours and speculation. Quite rightly, the club haven't said who they have interviewed. It might not be any of the guys mentioned on here or BetVictor. People need to stop panicking until there has actually been an announcement.

Who is panicking. ..??

#201:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:28 pm
    —
srn151161 wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
nemo wrote:
2oo2Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

2oo2Red wrote:

Who is panicking. ..??

Read the thread. "If King gets the job, I'm never watching Crawley again...." etc. The usual histrionics. Wouldn't be the forum without them.

#202:  Author: mustaphashot PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:55 am
    —
If you are referring to my posting, please read it a little more carefully. No histrionics, no threats, just that at my age, with time running out, if the owner shows a lack of ambition, after all these years of following the club, it will be time for me to find something else.

#203:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:35 am
    —
mustaphashot wrote:
If you are referring to my posting, please read it a little more carefully. No histrionics, no threats, just that at my age, with time running out, if the owner shows a lack of ambition, after all these years of following the club, it will be time for me to find something else.

It's all a matter of opinion I guess, just like the "we all know the club isn't what it was" bit.

I have been following Crawley since 1988, of course the club has changed, not always for the better, but on days like the Northampton FAC game I'm sure I would have been saying 'I wish we could play teams like this every week'.

Support has increased by a factor of 10 since the early 1980s so we must be doing something right.

If supporters up and down the ground threw their toys out the pram every time they had a manager they didn't like then football would be a very transient business.

#204:  Author: Red ArmyLocation: London PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:41 am
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
srn151161 wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
nemo wrote:
2oo2Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

2oo2Red wrote:

Who is panicking. ..??

Read the thread. "If King gets the job, I'm never watching Crawley again...." etc. The usual histrionics. Wouldn't be the forum without them.

If I had a pound for every time I had read here over the last 10 years that if 'x' happens, or doesn't happen"then I'm giving up season ticket/ going to stop going to home games," then I would be a very rich man.

Crawley Town - the most fair-weather supporters in the Football League. Fact!

#205:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:13 am
    —
Red Army wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
srn151161 wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
nemo wrote:
2oo2Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

2oo2Red wrote:

Who is panicking. ..??

If I had a pound for every time I had read here over the last 10 years that if 'x' happens, or doesn't happen"then I'm giving up season ticket/ going to stop going to home games," then I would be a very rich man.

Crawley Town - the most fair-weather supporters in the Football League. Fact!

The older i get, the better it was. Wink

#206:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:37 am
    —
mustaphashot wrote:

Fair enough. The histrionics comment wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, certainly not you.

#207:  Author: James PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:39 pm
    —
Warren wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:
allanp wrote:

Jim Baker

I remember Vines missing a couple during our Southern League promotion campaign and one of Bettineli (whose son is playing in goal for Fulham these day, just to make you all feel old) or Swindlehurst (I'm pretty sure it was him) taking over the reigns. Almost certain we thrashed Worcester 4-0 or 4-1 at home when Vines was away - Carl Wilson-Denis hat-trick IIRC!

Are you sure it was Vines?

Billy Smith always used to bugger off a few games into the season, then wondered why he got people's backs up.

#208:  Author: thad PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:43 pm
    —
James wrote:

Billy Smith always used to bugger off a few games into the season, then wondered why he got people's backs up.

I seem to recall that Mrs V had made the arrangements and there was a short overlap... and I think he missed the last few days to return home early.. being German she had the use of her parents villa (or was it bunker)... in France..! Wink

#209:  Author: Jerseybean PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:08 pm
    —
At the end of the day, why the rush, this is now down time for the players.

I cannot remember, but pre-season does not start until, mid June or begining of July, depending on league etc.

So the club could take all of May to appoint someone and then they would have June to get to know the squad.

yes we miss any signings, but we have very little money to buy anyone, so would we not only look at loanees!

Also note with the U23 side starting, this will be a bigger priority, as this helps negate the having a youth player coming thorugh the ranks, as they could name any of them.

#210:  Author: WarrenLocation: Spain PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:27 pm
    —
Jerseybean wrote:

I cannot remember, but pre-season does not start until, mid June or begining of July, depending on league etc.

So the club could take all of May to appoint someone and then they would have June to get to know the squad.

yes we miss any signings, but we have very little money to buy anyone, so would we not only look at loanees!

Also note with the U23 side starting, this will be a bigger priority, as this helps negate the having a youth player coming thorugh the ranks, as they could name any of them.

Why the rush? Well, maybe because almost every team has announced their retained/released list and have already started bringing players in - Evans has five through the door already at Mansfield.

We'll probably be left behind and left to pick up the deadwood released by the rest if we don't start making enquiries soon.

#211:  Author: JB PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:16 pm
    —
James wrote:
Warren wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:
allanp wrote:

Jim Baker

Yes was definitely Vines, as that's how Dave Swindlehurst came to the club, to assist, and ended up replacing, Bettinelli.

#212:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:02 pm
    —
Warren wrote:
Jerseybean wrote:

Why the rush? Well, maybe because almost every team has announced their retained/released list and have already started bringing players in - Evans has five through the door already at Mansfield.

We'll probably be left behind and left to pick up the deadwood released by the rest if we don't start making enquiries soon.

The teams in the playoffs must be at a disadvantage then! Evans always brought in players early. With his record, one or two will be successful and the others will have been replaced by the January window!

#213:  Author: thad PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:18 pm
    —
bridgesboy79 wrote:
The teams in the playoffs must be at a disadvantage then!

Holloway made that very point when he rather unexpectedly got Palace into the top flight... he reckoned the other two promoted teams had a crucial few weeks advantage (which in fairness, was a consequential reward for their own endeavours).

He didn't even know what the budget was or what division they were budgeting for, until the final had concluded.

#214:  Author: rh20devilLocation: west sussex PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 am
    —
Jimmy Bullard just left Leatherhead for a full time football role?
He is sort of local! But history with the club??

#215:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:47 am
    —
rh20devil wrote:
JM are you serious? completely lacking in every area possible

#216:  Author: thad PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:27 am
    —
rh20devil wrote:

Did he play against us for Sittingbourne..? Shocked

Nicky Forster - has he had a mention yet? - must tick a few of the boxes, He managed Brentford for half a season and I know he has local connections and was even studying at Crawley College a few years back.

#217:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:58 am
    —
I hear Gareth Southgate is looking to give his career a jump start

#218:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:23 pm
    —
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
I hear Gareth Southgate is looking to give his career a jump start
Crawley guy too and i say we could do a lot worse

#219:  Author: David RLocation: Jeju Island, South Korea PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:49 am
    —
On the new forum, it has been posted that Harry Kewell has been appointed!

#220:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:05 am
    —
David R wrote:

The poster still hasn't provided any link or reason why they are saying it though. Hopefully it's just a wind up!

#221:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:47 am
    —
nemo wrote:
David R wrote:

The poster still hasn't provided any link or reason why they are saying it though. Hopefully it's just a wind up!

The Anus have Kewell & the gang as a story.. Shocked didn't he have a spell playing in Turkey..?

Quote:
Kewell who played in two World Cups for Australia is expected to be unveiled by the League Two club next week.

It will be the 38-year-olds first job in senior management since calling time on a glittering playing career three years ago which saw him win the Champions League and FA Cup with Liverpool.

#222:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:00 am
    —
thad wrote:
nemo wrote:
David R wrote:

The Anus have Kewell & the gang as a story.. Shocked didn't he have a spell playing in Turkey..?

Quote:
Kewell who played in two World Cups for Australia is expected to be unveiled by the League Two club next week.

It will be the 38-year-olds first job in senior management since calling time on a glittering playing career three years ago which saw him win the Champions League and FA Cup with Liverpool.

Yes he played 3 years for Galataseray, so he will feel at home with the Crawley ultras!
My guess is that a new manager has been agreed upon, whoever that might be. We are waiting for Ziya to fly in and rubber stamp the appointment.

#223:  Author: BarryLocation: Crawley PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:05 am
    —
it's still just a rumour Surprised Surprised http://www.theargus.co.uk/spor......it&ut

#224:  Author: Red ArmyLocation: London PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:28 am
    —
Would be a very left-field appointment, I suspect it would either prove to be utterly catastrophic or a master-stroke.

Would certainly generate more interest in the club in the local area and media.

#225:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:38 am
    —
Seems odd that we have got rid of a successful youth team coach if we are going to replace him with an unsuccessful youth team coach!

#226:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:44 am
    —
Ashdown Red wrote:
Yes he played 3 years for Galataseray, so he will feel at home with the Crawley ultras!

Shall we get the "Welcome to hell" banner out..? Confused

#227:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:45 am
    —
bridgesboy79 wrote:
Seems odd that we have got rid of a successful youth team coach if we are going to replace him with an unsuccessful youth team coach!

A successful youth team coach but an unsuccessful L2 manager, perhaps an unsuccessful youth team coach might make a successful L2 manager

#228:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:31 am
    —
Seems Eren is a sucker for a shot in the dark. Not sure what in Kewells past qualifies him to be a manager other than he was a decent footballer 20 years ago and is a snappy dresser. Can't see this ending well. The main thing I remember about him was his managers complaining he would not want to play unless 100 percent fiit. The slightest knock and he was in the physio room.

#229:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:42 am
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
The main thing I remember about him was his managers complaining he would not want to play unless 100 percent fiit. The slightest knock and he was in the physio room.

Might make a good partnership with Matty Harrold..? Wink

#230:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:52 am
    —
He had a decent career and 63 games for Galatsaray stands out a a hook for Eren.
He may be a decent manager who knows . he will bring a profile to the club if nothing else.

Two seasons at Watford under 21s and a glittering career are bigger recommendations than a lot of managers who have gone on to do well.

#231:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:07 pm
    —
Feeney as assistant. Seems sensible to me bit more managerial experience and played a lot at lower league level.

Feeney and Kewell are friends from their time at Leeds which suggests this story has some validity. Think Feeney is a bit of a chacter which is a quality you want in a number 2 .

Wouldn't be surprised if we see Robbie Fowler visiting the broad field next season.

Last edited by Crawley69 on Sat May 20, 2017 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

#232:  Author: 2oo2Red PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:08 pm
    —
I would much prefer a fresh new manager who was also a very good footballer come and give it a go, rather than the same old managers that work the circuit time & time again.

#233:  Author: David RLocation: Jeju Island, South Korea PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:39 pm
    —
2oo2Red wrote:
I would much prefer a fresh new manager who was also a very good footballer come and give it a go, rather than the same old managers that work the circuit time & time again.

Agree 100%.

#234:  Author: revsieLocation: Taunton PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:03 pm
    —
Well it looks like Harry has a link to Crawley, his old team mate Kevin Muscat was born in Crawley!

#235:  Author: Martin(Kent Branch) PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:25 pm
    —
David R wrote:

No, no, no. Kewell = back to non-league. Show some sense, even King would be better. Ziya Eren, why would you do this??

#236:  Author: DamoLocation: Reigate PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:01 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
Feeney as assistant. Seems sensible to me bit more managerial experience and played a lot at lower league level.

Feeney and Kewell are friends from their time at Leeds which suggests this story has some validity. Think Feeney is a bit of a chacter which is a quality you want in a number 2 .

Wouldn't be surprised if we see Robbie Fowler visiting the broad field next season.

A bit of a character? lol. Well, yes. At Cardiff he buddied up with all their 'top boys'. Do we have a firm at Crawley?. Put them (him, lol) on alert.

#237:  Author: Broadfield DaveLocation: Location, Location PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:23 pm
    —
It'd be a strange but intriguing appointment. Was a fairly disastrous spell at Watford in terms of results this season but as we saw with Drummy it's not really a litmus test for senior football.

Has got his UEFA badges, has worked with Flores and Mazzarri the last two years and I'm sure learned a lot from them, and has played under some of the best coaches the game has ever seen (Graham, Houllier, Benitez, Hiddink, Rijkaard).

And who knows, at 38 if he gets the itch, he might even come out of retirement to help out on the pitch at some point.

Not lacking in self-confidence either according to this article from last year http://www.express.co.uk/sport.....management

#238:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:18 pm
    —
2oo2Red wrote:

I'll go with you on that one, why give the job to one of a selection of failures at other clubs? why have they been shown the door at those clubs, many on multiple occasions?

Maybe Kewell might be the much awaited manager who has the contacts that can bring a few decent players to Crawley, DD certainly didn't manage that with his Chelsea contacts, then we had the experienced Saunders, Gregory and Barker and the mighty SO'D with all the success they brought, not

#239:  Author: pedlar PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:33 pm
    —
Neil Harris didn't do to bad today.

Not much first team experience before.

#240:  Author: ant PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:24 am
    —
pedlar wrote:

Big difference between him and Kewell. Harris was ingrained in the club at Millwall - he wasn't some nomadic footballer looking for his next job.

I'm intrigued by the possibility of Kewell - I generally felt his career was nowhere near as sparkling as it should have been and that he didn't apply himself correctly to achieve as much as he could of (whilst admitting he won a few trinkets and the Champions League) I worry that as a manager he could be similar as it's a personality feature.

Ziya said he wanted someone young and knowledgeable about the club - Kewell certainly ticks one of those boxes - perhaps there is more to the re-signing of DB than it first appears. Kewell will know about PL academy players and contacts, the likes of DB would bring club knowledge and knowledge about the leagues we are competing in.

DD recruited some decent players but ones that were not match hardened because technique is king at academies. It's what cost us so many points this season.

I'm pleased we are looking outside the normal circle of managers for our next appointment - it's a fresh approach that may pay off. But we know the price of failure and so do those that sign up to it and those who pull the strings. The only question is when you admit that it isn't working.

There was an interesting debate on the radio last night about the PL and two managers in particular - Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche. Both have done superb jobs at their current clubs and both have had less successful times at other times in their managerial careers (ironically for Howe it was at Burnley). Yet only Howe is linked with the likes of Arsenal and England and Dyche never seems to be linked with other jobs - style of play - gingerism (Dyche's phrase in an interview not mine) or just a recognition that Dyche is a bit less telegenic than Howe?

#241:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:50 am
    —
ant wrote:
There was an interesting debate on the radio last night about the PL and two managers in particular - Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche. Both have done superb jobs at their current clubs and both have had less successful times at other times in their managerial careers (ironically for Howe it was at Burnley). Yet only Howe is linked with the likes of Arsenal and England and Dyche never seems to be linked with other jobs - style of play - gingerism (Dyche's phrase in an interview not mine) or just a recognition that Dyche is a bit less telegenic than Howe?
You could apply the "ingrained" argument equally to Howe, right man, right club. Looking like Bobby Moore does not harm his England prospects, but I suspect that character is a big factor too. The blazers at the FA might see him as more compliant and agreeable than Dyche who displays a more cussed independent nature..?

I suspect the problem both will have is that no matter how talented they are, their clubs will struggle to break into the elite group and they can only go so far with the finances available and patience may run out. Objectively Watford over-achieved in recent times, but clearly the owners have a different perspective and a distinct lack of patience.

Kewell & Feeney have one huge advantage over Drummy & Gray - their competitive league & international playing careers - that counts for a lot in a hard-nosed League 2 dressing room.

#242:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:32 am
    —
pedlar wrote:

Harris played almost 400 games for Millwall and managed their u21s for 2 years as well as a couple of spells as caretaker.

The closest we would get is Dannie Bulman apart from the fact that Dannie hasn't coached yet.

#243:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:44 am
    —
Was hoping for an ex Leeds player but JFH. That said, if it is Kewell we must give him a chance. Sometimes these left field/ big name appointments work like Di Canio at Swindon. Sometimes they are a disaster like Sheringham at Stevenage. Only time will tell.

#244:  Author: pedlar PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:34 am
    —
Simon wrote:
pedlar wrote:

Harris played almost 400 games for Millwall and managed their u21s for 2 years as well as a couple of spells as caretaker.

The closest we would get is Dannie Bulman apart from the fact that Dannie hasn't coached yet.

Meant to say first team management experience

#245:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:37 am
    —
bridgesboy79 wrote:
Was hoping for an ex Leeds player but JFH. That said, if it is Kewell we must give him a chance. Sometimes these left field/ big name appointments work like Di Canio at Swindon. Sometimes they are a disaster like Sheringham at Stevenage. Only time will tell.

True enough. Plus of course the 'name' is only part of the picture. Budget, off field/youth structure etc all come into play.

We are not able to afford many established players (apart from the obvious Cox, Collins types) so we need someone who can get the best out of younger players. That was what we hoped DD could do but it just didn't work.

If the new guy can blend the best 7/8 from last season with another 7/8 whilst losing the dead wood that's great.

Plus having an U23 side does enable us to take players from the lower leagues and give them regular football. There have been a few Sussex lads that have made the step up (like Luer and Bugiel) but expecting someone to come from Rymans into the first team is too much.

Working the loan market will be important too. Sadly this is where DD's signings let him down.

#246:  Author: Stuart of ShildonLocation: Shildon, County Durham PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:24 am
    —
Simon wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:

True enough. Plus of course the 'name' is only part of the picture. Budget, off field/youth structure etc all come into play.

We are not able to afford many established players (apart from the obvious Cox, Collins types) so we need someone who can get the best out of younger players. That was what we hoped DD could do but it just didn't work.

If the new guy can blend the best 7/8 from last season with another 7/8 whilst losing the dead wood that's great.

Plus having an U23 side does enable us to take players from the lower leagues and give them regular football. There have been a few Sussex lads that have made the step up (like Luer and Bugiel) but expecting someone to come from Rymans into the first team is too much.

Working the loan market will be important too. Sadly this is where DD's signings let him down.
You mean Selim signings let him down.

#247:  Author: BarryLocation: Crawley PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:25 am
    —
Well it looks like a dun deal......,what with it being all over the Argus the obby and also the Liverpool echo ... plus his links to turkey ...... it could be interesting if he signs as a player/manager http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk.....l-13066301

#248:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:10 pm
    —
Stuart of Shildon wrote:

Interesting point but I'm not convinced. I would be very surprised if DD didn't have a say, particularly on the lads from Chelsea.

Bottom line - Beeney was average, Davey useless, Yusuf never fit enough for 90 mins and Murphy never really played.

However it is interesting that we are already signing players before the manager is in place. Has Kewell ever seen us play? Who will be deciding who to release/retain?

#249:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:41 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
Stuart of Shildon wrote:

Interesting point but I'm not convinced. I would be very surprised if DD didn't have a say, particularly on the lads from Chelsea.

Bottom line - Beeney was average, Davey useless, Yusuf never fit enough for 90 mins and Murphy never really played.

However it is interesting that we are already signing players before the manager is in place. Has Kewell ever seen us play? Who will be deciding who to release/retain?

Think you could add Clifford to that list. For every good game (when he would be exceptional), he would have ten where he was anonymous.

#250:  Author: WarrenLocation: Spain PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:42 pm
    —
So it's looking like it will be Kewell. It got me thinking that perhaps whilst ZE may not think he's the best managerial appointment, HK will have some sort of global appeal across a couple of continents, with him being awarded the best Australian footballer of all time and being ex-Galatasaray. The modern game now - as sad as it is - is to be some sort of global business, no matter what the level, so Harry fits the bill in that sense.

Still, if reports are to be believed and Feeney comes in as assistant, then at least we have one man on board that knows the Football League circuit. I dare say Bully will be assisting in that sense, too.

With DD and MG we had someone like Kewell, who worked in youth football and had a knowledge of younger prospects, but was assisted by a man who'd only worked in non-league, meaning we actually had nobody on board who really knew the quality of the division and the calibre of player needed for League Two. Didn't I read somewhere a few months back that initially DD was concerned McNerney wasn't good enough for League 2?!

Another positive HK will have is that he's played at the top level, won titles, represented his country in World Cups, moved clubs for millions of pounds and was a brilliant player (at Leeds, at least). That'll get him more respect from the players than DD received, IMO. After all, if I was a James Collins or Dean Cox and was being told what suits your game best by someone whose playing career highlight was representing Blackpool five times before dropping into non-league, I'm not sure I'd be too keen to take his ideas and methods on board in a serious fashion.

Anyway, time to get behind the new boss, whether we wanted him in charge or not. The first non-British manager we've ever had and the first Champions League winner to be associated with us? Over to you, JB!

#251:  Author: whiteshoes PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:02 pm
    —
As a long suffering Leeds fan i can honestly say this judas will ruin next season. He only ever played when he wanted a new contract. He has zero managament experience. A total left field risky manoeuvre.

Why not someone with previous in this league. I dont want to be right about this but if Kewell is the answer what the hell is the question???

#252:  Author: whiteshoes PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:07 pm
    —
As a long suffering Leeds fan i can honestly say this judas will ruin next season. He only ever played when he wanted a new contract. He has zero managament experience. A total left field risky manoeuvre.

Why not someone with previous in this league. I dont want to be right about this but if Kewell is the answer what the hell is the question???

#253:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:24 pm
    —
Judas? Thought that was Sol Campbell Cool

#254:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:30 pm
    —
After the dross we've had to put up with id be more then happy with Harry Kewell coming in and shaking things up from top to bottom.Even if he's here fo just 1 season wouldnf bother me, just as long as it's exciting and worth my time making the effort to turn up to watch he's team.I know we have people that want long term stability, a safe pair of hands and all that,that's all very noble but what this club needs more then anything at the moment is some good old fashioned adrenaline filled excitement on the terraces.If Mr Kewell brings even a small dosage of that then he'll do for me.

#255:  Author: 2oo2Red PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:00 pm
    —
whiteshoes wrote:

Someone with previous Experience at this level? Only managers we would get in that case is the ones who have been sacked at this level.

#256:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:54 pm
    —
HK lacks experience so would be another gamble just like the dummy. Player/manager would be slightly more attractive but really its a manager as priority we need. If it is HK and its a big if just rumour mill nothing less presently then i hope its in a very short contract to end 2017 max as if gamble flops we need boot the manager out. CRITICAL no excuses is manager has to get best out of a squad of misfits assembled by clowns. We need a circus master.

#257:  Author: Sussex Boy PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:53 pm
    —
Harry Kewell????? Is this a joke...

Total disaster waiting to happen... Shocked Rolling Eyes Confused Sad

#258:  Author: jules59Location: crawley PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:29 pm
    —
Sussex Boy wrote:
Harry Kewell????? Is this a joke...

Total disaster waiting to happen... Shocked Rolling Eyes Confused Sad

Your not wrong, just hoping this is not true

#259:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:33 pm
    —
im a bit concerned (anyone share this view?) that the owners are perhaps lacking knowledge in the market pace over here and in particular the sort of manager capable of working with other managers misfitted squad?

#260:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:15 pm
    —
Why don't some of you moaners come up with some names then? who on earth do any of you think is going to come and manage a minnow club with very little money or support?

You can start by naming all the managers currently on the dole and then explain why all those sacked failures will suddenly come good at Crawley

If it is to be Kewell then why is he such a bad choice against all those failures?

#261:  Author: David RLocation: Jeju Island, South Korea PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:56 am
    —
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
Why don't some of you moaners come up with some names then? who on earth do any of you think is going to come and manage a minnow club with very little money or support?

You can start by naming all the managers currently on the dole and then explain why all those sacked failures will suddenly come good at Crawley

If it is to be Kewell then why is he such a bad choice against all those failures?

Exactly, he can't really do a lot worse than we did last season, and a known name might bring in some more punters.

#262:  Author: thad PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:36 am
    —
It is easy to focus on personalities but I'd also be interested in the bigger picture for the evolution of the club. There has been talk about developing players and becoming more self-sustainable. That requires a root & branch overhaul, not just a new coach but a new culture.

#263:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:24 am
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
HK lacks experience so would be another gamble just like the dummy. Player/manager would be slightly more attractive but really its a manager as priority we need. If it is HK and its a big if just rumour mill nothing less presently then i hope its in a very short contract to end 2017 max as if gamble flops we need boot the manager out. CRITICAL no excuses is manager has to get best out of a squad of misfits assembled by clowns. We need a circus master.

They will need a lot longer than December to get the squad they want. A short contract like the one you mention can only lead to instability and will also make it less attractive to players.

#264:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:36 am
    —
I don't think Kewell and Feeney are any more or less likely to succeed than anyone else. They may be the right formula maybe not you don't know until you try.

My only slight reservation is that Kewell lives in the North of England and Feeney in Devon so they are both going to be living out of a suit case. Add in Kewell's multiple business interests in two other continents and you can see how both it could be difficult for both to fully commit.

#265:  Author: thad PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:38 am
    —
Just to get the matter out of the way... Harry Kewell is a loud mouthed big-head who will blame everyone else if anything goes wrong...

...I've never met him, but all Aussie blokes are like that..! Wink

#266:  Author: Mr.T.Location: The mud bank. PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:35 am
    —
thad wrote:
Just to get the matter out of the way... Harry Kewell is a loud mouthed big-head who will blame everyone else if anything goes wrong...

Careful thad,the P.C. brigade will be onto you.....racist

#267:  Author: Mr.T.Location: The mud bank. PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:36 am
    —
Mr.T. wrote:
thad wrote:

But you are correct BTW;-)

#268:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:13 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
Seems Eren is a sucker for a shot in the dark. Not sure what in Kewells past qualifies him to be a manager other than he was a decent footballer 20 years ago and is a snappy dresser. Can't see this ending well. The main thing I remember about him was his managers complaining he would not want to play unless 100 percent fiit. The slightest knock and he was in the physio room.

I love it when people are so positive, before a ball has even been kicked.

#269:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:15 pm
    —
Martin(Kent Branch) wrote:
David R wrote:

No, no, no. Kewell = back to non-league. S

On what basis?

#270:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:55 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
Martin(Kent Branch) wrote:
David R wrote:

No, no, no. Kewell = back to non-league. S

On what basis?

Presumably on the basis that the doom *beep* can turn round at the end of the season with the words "I told you so."

Wink

#271:  Author: Sussex Boy PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:44 pm
    —
Kenny jackett

Did good for millwall, no nonsense football man.

Had good links to get young players on liam from higher up.

Worth 2 year contract

#272:  Author: thad PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:15 pm
    —
Mr.T. wrote:
Mr.T. wrote:
thad wrote:

I'm correct insofar as non-PC sweeping generalisations go... but I am prepared to be completely wrong about the individual... and that's down to him to dispel the stereotype... if he rolls up on a surfboard we will get a pretty big clue. Cool Australian ladies are bloomin' fantastic BTW.

Still, anything that royally *beep* off Leeds United fans must be applauded.

#273:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:16 pm
    —
Mr.T. wrote:
thad wrote:

My initials! Smile

#274:  Author: 2oo2Red PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:41 am
    —
Reported on ESPN & the main Australian news agencies that Kewell has the job.

#275:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:49 am
    —
thad wrote:
Mr.T. wrote:
Mr.T. wrote:
thad wrote:

I'm correct insofar as non-PC sweeping generalisations go... but I am prepared to be completely wrong about the individual... and that's down to him to dispel the stereotype... if he rolls up on a surfboard we will get a pretty big clue. Cool Australian ladies are bloomin' fantastic BTW.

Still, anything that royally *beep* off Leeds United fans must be applauded.

Oi! Just to point out that if we give him a two year deal he'll only work hard in the twelve months prior to it expiring...

#276:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:52 am
    —
2oo2Red wrote:
Reported on ESPN & the main Australian news agencies that Kewell has the job.

ESPN put our job into perspective... looks like SOD is his role model...

Quote:
Last December, when receiving an Australian award for his lifetime contribution to football, Kewell declared that his ultimate coaching ambition was to become the manager of Liverpool.

#277:  Author: redz75Location: crawley PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:02 am
    —
If appointed will he be the first Aussie to manage a football league side in the UK -

also we will have a team running and jumping about like kangaroo's or sluggish like Koala's - Laughing

#278:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:23 am
    —
redz75 wrote:
If appointed will he be the first Aussie to manage a football league side in the UK -

also we will have a team running and jumping about like kangaroo's or sluggish like Koala's - Laughing

We had the sluggish as koalas team the last couple of seasons Very Happy If Kewell can inject some energy and enthusiasm into the players then that can only be good.

Wonder when the club are going to announce anything? The world and his wife knows about it now.

#279:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:26 am
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
redz75 wrote:
...also we will have a team running and jumping about like kangaroo's or sluggish like Koala's - Laughing

We had the sluggish as koalas team the last couple of seasons Very Happy

We certainly had a cockatoo on display Smile

#280:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:01 pm
    —
Sussex Boy wrote:
Had good links to get young players on liam from higher up.

Mad fer it Cool

#281:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:06 pm
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
Wonder when the club are going to announce anything? The world and his wife knows about it now.

Probably when contracts are signed?

#282:  Author: Jim BakerLocation: Worth actually PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:07 pm
    —
It's on the official site now.

#283:  Author: David RLocation: Jeju Island, South Korea PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:19 pm
    —
Good, we have a manager, good luck to him, let's move on know...

#284:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:25 pm
    —
http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....20057.aspx

#285:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:53 pm
    —
Talking about it already on talk sport.Going to get tons of coverage.

#286:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:49 pm
    —
Antipodean managers are fairly common in the rugby codes.

They are all loud mouthed big-heads too. Surprised although Warren Feeney reputedly has the loudest voice in football.

#287:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:52 pm
    —
thad wrote:

They are all loud mouthed big-heads too. Surprised although Warren Feeney reputedly has the loudest voice in football.
perhaps Feeney could do the team announcements when the PA packs up again then!

#288:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:23 pm
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:

perhaps Feeney could do the team announcements when the PA packs up again then!

Very Happy that made me laugh

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1