Wombles losing Kingston popularity contest
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: Wombles losing Kingston popularity contest Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:14 pm
    —
I went to watch Kingstonian's last ever match at Kingsmeadow on Saturday, and was quite surprised by the level of AFC Wimbledon directed hostility. Surely everybody loves them? dontknow

I think you'll find the sticker particularly interesting...

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....y-goodbye/

Oh, and Havant & Waterlooville won promotion.

#2:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:31 am
    —
Where will Kingstonian be plying their trade next season Lochislair?

#3:  Author: IvorLocation: Charlwood PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 am
    —
Fetcham Grove,Leatherhead

#4:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:02 am
    —
well that completely sucks if your a Kinstonian fan a near 1 hour round trip to watch your team for a home game.

#5:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:44 am
    —
I was surprised they didn't approach Corinthian Casuals. Or perhaps they did and were refused- depends which story you believe.

#6:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:06 pm
    —
Sulton111 wrote:

He doesn't read your links Ian Shocked Shocked

#7:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:08 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
I was surprised they didn't approach Corinthian Casuals. Or perhaps they did and were refused- depends which story you believe.

Or Hampton & Richmond! That's probably even closer.

#8:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:58 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:

sorry Ian didn't even see the link - its a bad eye site thing not sure the need for 2 rolling eyes emojis or whatever its called though

#9:  Author: Jim BakerLocation: Worth actually PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:13 pm
    —
It does seem that the separation of ground ownership from club ownership always leads to trouble but, having said that, I do wonder if it saved us a little while ago.

Good luck to Kingstonian in their travels and travails and good luck to our old foes Havant and Waterlooville.

Jim Baker

#10:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:54 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:

I'm not sure the Beavers (sorry, that's their name, don't laugh at the messenger) would have wanted to entertain that, given they still have hopes of being in the National League next year as the two teams above them are both likely to be ruled out of the playoffs due to ground grading issues.

#11:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:12 pm
    —
Sulton111 wrote:
Ian wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:

sorry Ian didn't even see the link - its a bad eye site thing not sure the need for 2 rolling eyes emojis or whatever its called though

Definitely an eyesight thing if you saw the shock smiley as two rolling eyes Laughing Laughing (That was laughing Wink )

#12:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:14 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:

I'm not sure the Beavers (sorry, that's their name, don't laugh at the messenger) would have wanted to entertain that, given they still have hopes of being in the National League next year as the two teams above them are both likely to be ruled out of the playoffs due to ground grading issues.

Is the precedent for that not a bye to the final for the 2nd placed team?

#13:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:42 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
Ian wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:

Definitely an eyesight thing if you saw the shock smiley as two rolling eyes Laughing Laughing (That was laughing Wink )

not sure if its an age or eyesight thing now Very Happy - i think thats the smile icon

#14:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:33 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:

Is the precedent for that not a bye to the final for the 2nd placed team?

Not as I understand it. All the talk in the media is about the fact that H&RB could qualify by finishing seventh.

#15:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:11 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:

Raynes Park.....which ironically I think is in Merton Borough?

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2