Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#46:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:07 pm
    —
John The Gas wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
Lewis young is NOT a defender play him as the winger he is and you will see a different player but DD won't do that as he has nobody else who can fill the void LY would leave

He's been tried there AND as a wing back - He failed in those positions too !!

JTG

I don't believe he did fail at least no more than the rubbish that was playing around him for the most part.

Its easy to make Young a scapegoat due to being played out of position but at least he puts the effort in unlike Enzio who only plays when he can be bothered.

I shall try and simplify this for you another way as you don't seem to understand.

Would you employ a cleaner that can't use a dustpan & brush?

NO - So why employ a player that can't play?

JTG

Sorry but i disagree, would you employ a player who only turns up once every 4 games or so? well we do and his name is Enzio we also employ a keeper in Mersin that looks more like a dancer than a keeper

so no i completely disagree

#47:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:07 pm
    —
John The Gas wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
Lewis young is NOT a defender play him as the winger he is and you will see a different player but DD won't do that as he has nobody else who can fill the void LY would leave

He's been tried there AND as a wing back - He failed in those positions too !!

JTG

I don't believe he did fail at least no more than the rubbish that was playing around him for the most part.

Its easy to make Young a scapegoat due to being played out of position but at least he puts the effort in unlike Enzio who only plays when he can be bothered.

I shall try and simplify this for you another way as you don't seem to understand.

Would you employ a cleaner that can't use a dustpan & brush?

NO - So why employ a player that can't play?

JTG

Could always play him as a sweeper.

#48:  Author: ant PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:31 pm
    —
pedlar wrote:
reigatered wrote:
Young should only be retained if he is to play wide right in the midfield. He is a liability at full back. In fact we certainly need new full backs on both sides as left back has clearly been an Achilles heal all season.

Regrettably Smith will be back because of his contract, but he is poor at this level. Being earnest and hard running hard and 'delivering a shift' is just not enough. He does not have a killer ball in his locker, constantly passes sideways or back and contributes very few goals really. He is just a workhorse and we will not progress with players like him in the side week in and week out.

Despite his lapses I think that Yorworth is potentially a good footballer. he is young and will mature with age. I would retain him.

Roberts is probably another Harrold. Hardly ever available to play. The management must take a hard look at whether he is fit enough and serious about committing to the club. He seems a bit of a fair weather only type to me.

I couldn't agree more with your post. Spot on.

eh? He's spot on - yet three posts prior to this JTG was spot on according to you when he said Young must go

Nothing like changing your mind to suit the wind.

FWIW - I like Lewis Young. He never shirks or goes missing even when he's having a howler. People forget the good things he's done this season - like his link up play with Enzio at the weekend that led to as good a team goal as we've scored this season

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
Page 4 of 4