Billy Clifford and who should we retain or release
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: Billy Clifford and who should we retain or release Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:02 pm
    —
I mentioned on the match day thread but it deserves its own thread. For me he is our most accomplished midfielder by a country mile. Most skillful, most mobile , most creative.

I think if he was in a decent team he would excel. No coincidence Collins and the team perform best when he is starting.

He makes mistakes but at least he is always free to take the ball and try something with better players he coulkd really kick on.


Last edited by Crawley69 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

#2:  Author: Paul PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:08 pm
    —
If you're going to sing his praises at least get his name right!!

#3:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:43 pm
    —
Paul wrote:
If you're going to sing his praises at least get his name right!!

Laughing Laughing

For a minute I thought it should have been in the 'Former Reds' thread.

#4:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:20 pm
    —
Too inconsistent

#5:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:32 pm
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Too inconsistent


I agree. He should play every game.

#6:  Author: far2jammy PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:41 pm
    —
Billy is capable of the killer pass but has had some shocking games as well. He gives the ball away a lot. A luxuary player I wonder if he would be better suited to higher standard. When we started a game early in the season with Banton, Roberts and Clifford I thought we were going to rip teams apart. Sadly the potential there but consistency not.

There are many where I sit that actually think his our worse player. I am not sure in such a physical league we can carry Cox and Clifford in the side.

#7:  Author: AlunLocation: Pound Hill PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:46 pm
    —
I reckon him. Good player who gets unjustified grief.

#8:  Author: Paul PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:14 am
    —
He holds onto the ball too long before passing.

Think that was the best I've seen our midfield play for a while, although do think we are carrying Smith at the moment. He's been poor for a good few games now.

Kaby should be one of the first names on the sheet each week, never stops running, breaks up play. No coincidence they scored the winner after Kaby was taken off.

#9:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:17 am
    —
Peter wrote:
Paul wrote:
If you're going to sing his praises at least get his name right!!

Laughing Laughing

For a minute I thought it should have been in the 'Former Reds' thread.

Now I see. Thought this was the start of a Summer transfer thread!

#10:  Author: ElTel PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:39 am
    —
Paul wrote:
He holds onto the ball too long before passing.

Think that was the best I've seen our midfield play for a while, although do think we are carrying Smith at the moment. He's been poor for a good few games now.

Kaby should be one of the first names on the sheet each week, never stops running, breaks up play. No coincidence they scored the winner after Kaby was taken off.
Put Smith at right back he hasn't the skill to be a midfielder.Everyone seems to love Young but he is just a makeshift fullback I'm sure he could do a better job further forward than the useless Enzio.

#11:  Author: Jim BakerLocation: Worth actually PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:51 am
    —
I like Billy Clifford. He can see a pass and he has a trick or two to get him out of trouble and the opposition into it.

When he tires in a match he starts to delay the pass and let's the opposition get to him and when we we let a goal in he goes looking for a killer pass every time he gets the ball. Sometimes I wish he would play the way he is facing more.

Yesterday he should have been subbed about ten minutes before he was. He was tired (he hasn't played a full game for a while) and the mistakes were creeping into his game.

I can make a case for nearly all our players to be re signed or kept in etc but that will mean we have the same squad as this season. Is that what people want?

Jim Baker

#12:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:57 am
    —
ElTel wrote:
Paul wrote:
He holds onto the ball too long before passing.

Think that was the best I've seen our midfield play for a while, although do think we are carrying Smith at the moment. He's been poor for a good few games now.

Kaby should be one of the first names on the sheet each week, never stops running, breaks up play. No coincidence they scored the winner after Kaby was taken off.
Put Smith at right back he hasn't the skill to be a midfielder.Everyone seems to love Young but he is just a makeshift fullback I'm sure he could do a better job further forward than the useless Enzio.

So replace one makeshift RB with another one? Superb. You should take over as manager immediately Rolling Eyes
And if you think Enzio is useless. ......jeez. Out of form, yes. Useless? Behave yourself.

#13:  Author: pedlar PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:58 am
    —
Billy Clifford simple not good enough.

Loses possession to easily, hasn't got the stamina for league football.


One of many to be ditched at the end of the season.

#14:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:02 pm
    —
The issue with Enzio is that one decent game in 4 isn't what we need.

The defence needs an overhaul as well. Get in a decent LB and RB and some cover at CB. We will always be up against it gifting a goal a game.

#15:  Author: Alex BH PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:18 pm
    —
Clifford is very frustrating, he tries to play the Hollywood pass too often and gives the ball away too much. He needs to learn to play the simple pass and to keep hold of the ball better. Contrast him with Kaby, who is a technical player who plays the simple pass and who does the simple things well. I think Clifford has a lot of ability, but is lacking experience. A good coach and more experience and he can be a very good player. I think we should stick with him.



CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football


output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 4

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group