Leyton Orient matchday thread
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#46:  Author: John The GasLocation: Sunny Horsham PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:06 pm
    —
backofthenet wrote:
Last time we scored 3 at home in 1st half was last season against..............
Orient

Funny, I thought we scraped a 1-0 win?

JTG

#47:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:56 pm
    —
John The Gas wrote:
backofthenet wrote:
Last time we scored 3 at home in 1st half was last season against..............
Orient

Funny, I thought we scraped a 1-0 win?

JTG

3-2 (I think). Played against 10 for second half and still made hard work of it.

#48:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:29 am
    —
Kaby got hauled off again! What does the kid have to do to stay on the for the full 90? Did anyone else in the ground think that Smith was having a better game?

Well done to the team though. We did what we had to do and all but guaranteed League football once again.

I find some people hilarious. Even at 3-0 with Newport losing the bloke behind me still said "We need to be careful we don't get sucked into a relegation battle." Some people.

#49:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:03 am
    —
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Kaby got hauled off again! What does the kid have to do to stay on the for the full 90? Did anyone else in the ground think that Smith was having a better game?

Well done to the team though. We did what we had to do and all but guaranteed League football once again.

I find some people hilarious. Even at 3-0 with Newport losing the bloke behind me still said "We need to be careful we don't get sucked into a relegation battle." Some people.

Kaby took a knock in a tackle about 3 mins before.

#50:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:18 am
    —
Simon wrote:

I saw that. He seemed to be running freely though and seemed very disappointed to come off.

He's one of our better players, we need to keep him sweet.

#51:  Author: Red ArmyLocation: London PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:49 pm
    —
Simon wrote:

I saw that. He seemed to be running freely though and seemed very disappointed to come off.

Alongside Collins he's probably our best player. Not sure Drummy is his biggest fan though, always first to be dropped or subbed!

#52:  Author: Mr.T.Location: The mud bank. PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:57 pm
    —
Simon wrote:

we also need to keep him fit, he may well have been disappointed and yes smith was not as good as him but players always want to stay on but that is when the management team have to make the best decision for all concerned.

#53:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:05 pm
    —
Mr.T. wrote:
we also need to keep him fit, he may well have been disappointed and yes smith was not as good as him but players always want to stay on but that is when the management team have to make the best decision for all concerned.

Whatever the case - and there is no point taking risks with a player's health when you are winning comfortably - it was clear that we lost our drive without him... he seems to be the one who sets the tempo and is becoming increasingly important to us.

#54:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:41 pm
    —
thad wrote:
Mr.T. wrote:

Whatever the case - and there is no point taking risks with a player's health when you are winning comfortably - it was clear that we lost our drive without him... he seems to be the one who sets the tempo and is becoming increasingly important to us.
got tackled rather easily during match.

#55:  Author: thad PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:58 pm
    —
You've persuaded me RR&R... he is *beep*... get rid Surprised

In fact, lets just throw everything away, get rid of the entire lot of them and just start again... and again... and again.. Rolling Eyes

#56:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:53 pm
    —
Kaby is great..............he makes Dean Cox look tall Razz

#57:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:35 pm
    —
thad wrote:

In fact, lets just throw everything away, get rid of the entire lot of them and just start again... and again... and again.. Rolling Eyes
yes start again dummy the manequin has failed. It was a gamble a foolish punt. Now get a proven manager in and then we can grow again but a ddcent scouting and coaching system must also be in place. Our current coaching is pathetic.

#58:  Author: thad PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:05 am
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:

yes start again dummy the manequin has failed. It was a gamble a foolish punt. Now get a proven manager in and then we can grow again but a ddcent scouting and coaching system must also be in place. Our current coaching is pathetic.

C'mon, You'd change everything three times a season, you're stuck in a loop.

It's not like we've never tried the experienced manager route before.. last season we had an experienced manager in Yates and an experienced player in Barnard... sometimes experience isn't all it's cracked up to be.

If coaching is about improving the talent you have, then I reckon the evidence of the progress of a few players from last season to this season is generally favourable...?

But hey-ho, who cares about evidence, lets just start again..!

#59:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:02 pm
    —
thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:

C'mon, You'd change everything three times a season, you're stuck in a loop.

It's not like we've never tried the experienced manager route before.. last season we had an experienced manager in Yates and an experienced player in Barnard... sometimes experience isn't all it's cracked up to be.

If coaching is about improving the talent you have, then I reckon the evidence of the progress of a few players from last season to this season is generally favourable...?

But hey-ho, who cares about evidence, lets just start again..!
i said the manequin was risky gave him a chance but he has failed miserably thats a fact. I didnt appoint him but i backed him gave him my support but at the end of the day he either wont or cant change. Keep the dummy and we will join Newport and boring orient next season or very soon thereafter.

#60:  Author: thad PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:30 am
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
...gave him a chance but he has failed miserably thats a fact.

NO - it is an opinion - we have already accrued more points than last season, THAT IS a fact..!

Red, Red & Red wrote:
I didnt appoint him but i backed him gave him my support but at the end of the day he either wont or cant change. Keep the dummy and we will join Newport and boring orient next season or very soon thereafter.

Precisely... you set an unrealistic short-term expectation and then whinge like an infant when it is not met... and repeat the cycle ad nauseum... lightweight.

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
Page 4 of 5