A little more Non League...
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#61:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:42 pm
    —
I'm writing a book at the moment, and thought I'd better feature at least one side from the upper reaches of Non League. I chose Aldershot for reasons of geography-please don't hate me for it.

Here's a rather much shorter version of a chapter I'm working on- a match report (of sorts) from Saturday.

Shots, Imps, and the comedic world of Matt Lucas.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....att-lucas/

#62:  Author: thad PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:03 pm
    —
I always enjoyed my visits to Aldershot, proper old skool... not least cos a decade or so back, when I was banned from home games, they were one of the clubs who invited me - more accurately it was my lady partner who their rather charming chairman had taken a shine to - as a guest, which was a very nice gesture.

Although it did mean I was sitting with the home supporters when we won and of course I broke into spontaneous noisy celebration when we scored... despite their reputation, they were actually far more gracious & sporting as hosts than I was as their guest. Embarassed

#63:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:42 am
    —
thad wrote:
I always enjoyed my visits to Aldershot, proper old skool... not least cos a decade or so back, when I was banned from home games, they were one of the clubs who invited me - more accurately it was my lady partner who their rather charming chairman had taken a shine to - as a guest, which was a very nice gesture.

Although it did mean I was sitting with the home supporters when we won and of course I broke into spontaneous noisy celebration when we scored... despite their reputation, they were actually far more gracious & sporting as hosts than I was as their guest. Embarassed

On Friday when I advised my better half that I was going to Aldershot, she replied, "horrible town- but you quite liked them because they were nice to Vlad." For some reason she could never remember your name, but she was right. People who were nice to you were always OK in my book- shame I've never managed to follow their lead!

#64:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:05 am
    —
Why are we discussing non-league when we're a Football League club?

The non-league is for the likes of Lincoln City. Rubbish.

#65:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:20 am
    —
lochislair wrote:
On Friday when I advised my better half that I was going to Aldershot, she replied, "horrible town- but you quite liked them because they were nice to Vlad." For some reason she could never remember your name, but she was right. People who were nice to you were always OK in my book- shame I've never managed to follow their lead!

I've been called many things, but... VLAD.... the impaler...? priceless blackeye

I'm actually impressed she remembers me at all, lets hope there are no crosses tonight...!

#66:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:21 am
    —
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:

I apologise for standing behind you with a sharpened implement forcing you to comment on a thread about Non League. Although, actually it was probably Vlad!

#67:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:33 am
    —
lochislair wrote:
I apologise for standing behind you with a sharpened implement forcing you to comment on a thread about Non League. Although, actually it was probably Vlad!

I know that BICH was being mischievously ironic... but nonetheless I will attempt to bite his neck tonight... although I'm not sure that I will manage to get any blood out of him..! Shocked

#68:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:46 am
    —
lochislair wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:

laughing4 fishing

#69:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:08 pm
    —
A little something from the Haven Centre, home of Crawley Down Gatwick, where Haywards Heath Town managed to hold out and hold on to Shoreham's coat-tails in the Southern Combination Football League.

With a Crawley Max Boyce, Malcolm Tucker from The Thick Of It, and a canine pitch invasion.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....ick-of-it/

#70:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:27 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
A little something from the Haven Centre, home of Crawley Down Gatwick, where Haywards Heath Town managed to hold out and hold on to Shoreham's coat-tails in the Southern Combination Football League.

With a Crawley Max Boyce, Malcolm Tucker from The Thick Of It, and a canine pitch invasion.

I went there a few years ago when they had some cup game against Three Bridges - a pretty average game that came to life in the last 15 minutes. The food wagon provided decent quality food with plenty of choices - and it was priced fairly.

#71:  Author: yelsis PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:08 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:

A very good read. I once saw a FA Cup Tie between Crawley Down and Guernsey which I very much enjoyed. Well over 250 there with the Islanders winning. Crawley Town also won away at Peterborough that day.

#72:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:30 pm
    —
Rocking all over The Oak... Mile Oak, Little Common and a collection of semi-naked butlers in SCFL Division One.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....r-the-oak/

#73:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:05 pm
    —
Breaking news! Horsham District Council have voted to approve Horsham FC's new ground application. And I, for one, am bloody delighted! 😃

#74:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:04 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
Breaking news! Horsham District Council have voted to approve Horsham FC's new ground application. And I, for one, am bloody delighted! 😃

I drove past the Holbrook Club earlier and was wondering what the latest was. I see the housing at Holbrook has also been approved and the Club get a new 25 year lease as a result too. thumbleft

#75:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:34 pm
    —
Next Wednesday at Eastbourne Borough- National League v British Army- Sergio will be playing, along with Ian Simpemba:

http://whitehawkfc.com/the-nat.....ialnetwork

Just in case anyone is interested!

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
Page 5 of 10