A little more Non League...
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#106:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:07 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
lochislair wrote:
Haywards Heath Town win the SCFL and promotion to Ryman Sth-if the FA don't decide otherwise... http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....hopefully/

Good to see Haywards Heath doing well. I've always thought they had big potential bearing in mind the crowds they used to get in Surburban league.

108 average this year...

#107:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:29 pm
    —
And now Bognor's manager has left to take over Eastbourne Borough... Crying or Very sad

#108:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:16 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
And now Bognor's manager has left to take over Eastbourne Borough... Crying or Very sad

I'd say that's like for like in terms of club size and status...

#109:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:47 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:

Don't let Borough fans hear you say that... Very Happy

I think they have a bigger budget than Bognor, and it's nearer home for him as well as a full time position. Borough fans at the moment are simply relieved that he isn't Steve King.

#110:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:38 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:

I think they have a bigger budget than Bognor, and it's nearer home for him as well as a full time position. Borough fans at the moment are simply relieved that he isn't Steve King.
Steve King did ok at Lewes didn't he?

#111:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:45 pm
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
lochislair wrote:
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:

Steve King did ok at Lewes didn't he?

That depends on whether bankrupting the club can be considered a good result. But I suppose he only spent what they allowed him.

#112:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:36 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:
lochislair wrote:
Haywards Heath Town win the SCFL and promotion to Ryman Sth-if the FA don't decide otherwise... http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....hopefully/

Good to see Haywards Heath doing well. I've always thought they had big potential bearing in mind the crowds they used to get in Surburban league.

108 average this year...

Indeed they need to step on it a bit. Probably need 200+ next year financially.

Then again I can remember about 4 years ago they were in County League 3 and playing in front of 10 or 15 people.

In fact I can recall Crawley averaging less than 250 in the early 1980s, now we think it's a disaster if we don't get 10x that.

#113:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:09 pm
    —
Simon wrote:

In fact I can recall Crawley averaging less than 250 in the early 1980s, now we think it's a disaster if we don't get 10x that.

When 500 was reported as a 'bumper Town Mead Turnout' Very Happy

#114:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:03 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:

When 500 was reported as a 'bumper Town Mead Turnout' Very Happy

We'll be back to that soon! (500, not Town Mead Very Happy )

#115:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:06 pm
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
not Town Mead Very Happy )

Shame. I would.

#116:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:56 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
not Town Mead Very Happy )

Shame. I would.

The pitch is a lot firmer since they stuck that car park on it Crying or Very sad

#117:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:55 pm
    —
Looks like it could all go Pete Tong for HH.

Charged by the FA with misconduct due to using a player suspended sine die.

Could be a complicated one as it seems the player actually appeared for 5 clubs whilst banned and none of the FA websites were updated to show the suspension....

#118:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:06 am
    —
Simon wrote:

Could be a complicated one as it seems the player actually appeared for 5 clubs whilst banned and none of the FA websites were updated to show the suspension....

From what I've heard the various FAs - Surrey, Sussex and Kent I believe should be hanging their heads in shame. Any criticism/sanction of HH or Melford Simpson would simply be just a massive whitewash to try and save FA officials faces

#119:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:07 am
    —
nemo wrote:
Simon wrote:

From what I've heard the various FAs - Surrey, Sussex and Kent I believe should be hanging their heads in shame. Any criticism/sanction of HH or Melford Simpson would simply be just a massive whitewash to try and save FA officials faces

Let's face it this happens year after year. Similar case last week in the Wessex League where the title was taken away from Moneyfields when the Hampshire FA decided to deduct points 4 months after the event.

Most of these County FAs are run by well meaning amateurs trying to live in a professional era when they should long since have been put out to grass.

The same culture as at the SSC last week where we were all stuck in a far corner when everyone could have comfortably fitted in the West stand.

#120:  Author: matcowdrey PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:22 am
    —
nemo wrote:
Simon wrote:

Well at least there's no precedent there then... Rolling Eyes

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  :| |:
Page 8 of 10