A little more Non League...
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: A little more Non League... Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:49 pm
    —
I went to The Beveree on behalf of the NLP last weekend, but they only need 400 words so here are the rest, just in case you're interested. My apologies if you aren't.

Featuring Steve Duly's Hampton & Richmond Borough, Truro City, the Leeds United songbook and a large beaver.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....s-delight/

#2:  Author: James PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:33 am
    —
Well done - entertaining as ever.

#3:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:08 am
    —
We don't want any of that non-league tin-pottedness on here. Rubbish.

#4:  Author: thad PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:32 pm
    —
So... could the ref book you for referring to the opposition centre-half as a... er...
"large beaver"

blob8

#5:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:02 pm
    —
thad wrote:
So... could the ref book you for referring to the opposition centre-half as a... er...
"large beaver"

blob8

A couple of years ago, before I'd ever been to The Beveree, I asked a group of Hampton supporters at an away game why they were called The Beavers (of course, it's obvious now). They couldn't tell me (surprise!) but asked me not to describe them, as I suggested, as The Beavers Massive.

So I called them a bunch of massive beavers, and they didn't like that either.

There's no pleasing some people.

#6:  Author: backofthenetLocation: Oop North PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:20 am
    —
lochislair wrote:
thad wrote:
"large beaver"

blob8

A couple of years ago, before I'd ever been to The Beveree, I asked a group of Hampton supporters at an away game why they were called The Beavers (of course, it's obvious now). They couldn't tell me (surprise!) but asked me not to describe them, as I suggested, as The Beavers Massive.

So I called them a bunch of massive beavers, and they didn't like that either.

There's no pleasing some people.

Large Beavers and Hamptons, what could possibly go wrong. Wink

#7:  Author: John The GasLocation: Sunny Horsham PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:43 am
    —
Nobody want to "LODGE" a complaint?

JTG

#8:  Author: Alan (Cheltenham Branch) PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:48 am
    —
John The Gas wrote:
Nobody want to "LODGE" a complaint?

JTG

I doubt it John. Nobody gives a dam.

#9:  Author: fatbear PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:32 pm
    —
I used to live in Hampton Hill, and my Sunday league team rented Hampton FC's ( as they were know then ) training pitch at the side of the Beveree. As part of the arrangement we had one match a year on the main pitch. Give the age and fitness of our team we much preferred playing on the smaller pitch !

Their secretary at the time was one of the guys who wrote Steptoe and Son.

I saw Crawley play they twice in the FA Trophy, think we won once and drew once, but I'm sure someone will correct me !

#10:  Author: JB PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:45 pm
    —
1990/1 season, FA trophy tie with Hampton that went to 3 matches, the Reds winning the second replay.

#11:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:21 pm
    —
fatbear wrote:

Their secretary at the time was one of the guys who wrote Steptoe and Son.

Alan Simpson. I have a Lewes v Hampton match poster, featuring images from Steptoe and Son, signed by the man himself. He's still a regular.

#12:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:45 pm
    —
Rather than start a new thread...a little more SCFL.

Haywards Heath Town hold onto their 100% SCFL record with victory over Uckfield Town- but Monserrat international keeper Nic Taylor isn't happy.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....-hold-out/

#13:  Author: fatbear PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:33 pm
    —
attendance was 92

#14:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:17 am
    —
http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....-when-wet/

Alton FC and their (almost) new ground on Non League Day, v Ringwood Town. Four goals and enough rain to float an ark.

#15:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:35 am
    —
lochislair wrote:
http://www.townsendaround.co.uk/football/slippery-when-wet/

Alton FC and their (almost) new ground on Non League Day, v Ringwood Town. Four goals and enough rain to float an ark.

I thought this bit was funny:

Quote:
As a number of spectators too thrifty to pay the six pounds admission watched from outside the perimeter fence- one had even brought a camp chair- Alton attempted to take the match by the scruff of the neck.

#16:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:38 pm
    —
I rather liked the way that chips (missing) barely got a mention

Quote:
and an excellent refreshment kiosk with really good burgers and bacon rolls (we will gloss over the missing chips as it would be wrong to make a big deal of it. That’s the MISSING CHIPS we’re glossing over).

#17:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:59 pm
    —
https://www.juicebrighton.com/news/brighton-news/2091551/worthing-player-assaulted-game-abandoned/
County league match abandoned after 'supporter' allegedly ran on pitch and assaulted player Shocked

#18:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:25 pm
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
https://www.juicebrighton.com/news/brighton-news/2091551/worthing-player-assaulted-game-abandoned/
County league match abandoned after 'supporter' allegedly ran on pitch and assaulted player Shocked

I've now heard three different versions of this story. I'm not sure what to believe. I've spent lots of time with both sets of supporters and haven't previously noticed any idiots.

Perhaps it was a West Ham fan who thought he might have a better view of their match from Worthing... Wink

#19:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:26 pm
    —
http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....a-vase-q2/

The Queen likes us, she doesn't like you: Featuring East Preston, Tunbridge Wells, the FA Vase and a combustible Labrador...

#20:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:07 pm
    —
http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....264-derby/

El Insectico! Wasps, Hornets and the A264 derby...featuring East Grinstead Town and Horsham FC.

A longer version of a report I wrote for the County Times.

If you don't like Non League, please look away now (although the thread title might have been a clue).

#21:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:38 pm
    —
Quote:
Off the field, the future of Horsham FC is still uncertain. Due to be homeless again at the end of the season, the club, who have been sharing with Horsham YMCA for seven years, may struggle to find a place to play if the local authority don’t finally decide to change their approach and actually support their most successful team.

A revised planning application for a new ground, at Hop Oast on the edge of town next to the enormous white elephant of a park and ride scheme, was submitted in the summer.

Probably a daft question Ian, although the local authority appear to be the villains of the piece... I also recall that Horsham FC got a few million from Sunley Homes for the sale of their Queen Street patch... is there any of that left in the bank...?

dontknow

#22:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:44 pm
    —
thad wrote:
Quote:
Off the field, the future of Horsham FC is still uncertain. Due to be homeless again at the end of the season, the club, who have been sharing with Horsham YMCA for seven years, may struggle to find a place to play if the local authority don’t finally decide to change their approach and actually support their most successful team.

A revised planning application for a new ground, at Hop Oast on the edge of town next to the enormous white elephant of a park and ride scheme, was submitted in the summer.

Probably a daft question Ian, although the local authority appear to be the villains of the piece... I also recall that Horsham FC got a few million from Sunley Homes for the sale of their Queen Street patch... is there any of that left in the bank...?

dontknow

Some of it was invested in a nearby sports and social club as the council led them to believe they'd be allowed to build a new ground on it...before deciding they couldn't.

But the club are still technically cash rich and asset poor.

#23:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
Some of it was invested in a nearby sports and social club as the council led them to believe they'd be allowed to build a new ground on it...before deciding they couldn't.

Ahhh yes, that is at Holbrook (the old Sun Alliance Sports & Social), presumably they still own that site...(?)

#24:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:20 pm
    —
thad wrote:
lochislair wrote:

Ahhh yes, that is at Holbrook (the old Sun Alliance Sports & Social), presumably they still own that site...(?)

They do...but the tenants have refused a new lease, and the club have applied to build houses on a small portion of the land. All Horsham fans have currently is uncertainty.

#25:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:09 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
thad wrote:
lochislair wrote:

They do...but the tenants have refused a new lease, and the club have applied to build houses on a small portion of the land. All Horsham fans have currently is uncertainty.

I wonder where the Holbrook club is going then. Do you know Ian? I'm no longer a member so don't get the info.

#26:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:22 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:
thad wrote:
lochislair wrote:

I wonder where the Holbrook club is going then. Do you know Ian? I'm no longer a member so don't get the info.

Sadly Ian I don't. I'm not even sure why they turned down the 25 year lease offered. The information available is rather one sided.

#27:  Author: thad PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:03 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
Sadly Ian I don't. I'm not even sure why they turned down the 25 year lease offered. The information available is rather one sided.

I'm wondering if HDC might have in mind to take over the Holbrook site for leisure & residential use, in return for the proposed development at Hop Oast...?

scratch

Gotta laugh, cos it is fairly apparent to anyone who has used the roads in the surrounding area in recent times, that Horsham District has expanded it's construction footprint & boundaries in a manner that Putin would admire... incorporating many greenfield sites... yet hasn't at that same time been able to find a home for the football club..!

#28:  Author: James PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:14 pm
    —
I see our old friends at Wrexham had an FA Cup shocker last night.

Shame.

#29:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:24 pm
    —
thad wrote:

Gotta laugh, cos it is fairly apparent to anyone who has used the roads in the surrounding area in recent times, that Horsham District has expanded it's construction footprint & boundaries in a manner that Putin would admire... incorporating many greenfield sites... yet hasn't at that same time been able to find a home for the football club..!

Sorry Thad, but that's entirely different. As we all know, it's only those nasty football supporters who will frighten the horses Shocked

(That was actually one of the complaints considered the last time the planning application was turned down. I didn't make it up.)

#30:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:07 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:
thad wrote:
lochislair wrote:

I've done some digging. Horsham altered the lease terms.

Quote:
Background

When HFC last applied for planning permission (with Croudace) to build houses on the land at the far end of the Holbrook Club sports field,
we had agreed a lease with them (in 2013) to come into effect if both planning applications (at The Holbrook Club and at Hop Oast) were
successful.

Included in that lease was the provision of a £200k contribution from HFC towards The Holbrook Club (THC) maintenance fund. The primary
reason for this was acknowledgement from HFC that under the new lease THC would be taking on considerable maintenance obligations.

Unfortunately the planning applications referred to above were unsuccessful.

The current dispute

Years later, HFC are now in a position to submit planning applications for what is effectively a similar scheme to the one proposed
previously, albeit with some changes to the Hop Oast solution, as detailed in the County Times last week. Consequently, HFC entered
into fresh negotiations with us about a new lease, as the land required for the houses is currently demised to THC.

From THC’s perspective, HFC’s new solution is effectively the same as their previous plans, therefore the lease we’d agreed with HFC
just needed to be ‘dusted off’ and minor changes made to the detail such as the new developers name being inserted etc.

After much negotiation, HFC finally agreed to offer THC the 2013 agreed lease with one major exception. They were no longer prepared
to fund the agreed £200k contribution towards the maintenance fund, citing inability to pay this, as the financials had changed with
the new developer in place.

Clearly, it was unacceptable to THC to lose this contribution completely, as our maintenance obligations have not been removed. In
an effort to bring this outstanding issue to an amicable conclusion, THC offered the following compromises:

1.If HFC really couldn’t afford the £200k, then THC would be prepared to accept the contribution to be spread over the term of the lease,
by a rent reduction of £8000 per year.

2.Or THC would be prepared to accept joint responsibility (with HFC) for major repairs on the main pavilion.

3.THC would be willing to negotiate on the amount of maintenance fund contribution (e.g. If HFC were getting 10% less from the new
developer, then THC would accept a 10% reduction on the fund)

Disappointingly, HFC rejected all of these compromises, withdrew from negotiations and has purported to serve a Notice to Quit
on THC (in relation to which THC’s position is reserved). Notwithstanding the action HFC have taken, THC remains willing to
continue negotiations with HFC to try and find an amicable solution.

#31:  Author: thad PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:07 pm
    —
Good work Agent Stitch.

If the Holbrook club were to discontinue, I guess it opens the possibility for more residential development on the plot, which might suit HFC.

Shame as it is a great facility, although I've only ever been there for an evening of beer & bands.

#32:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:18 pm
    —
http://www.horsham-fc.co.uk/20.....rook-club/

Seems Horsham and the Holbrook Club have now come to an agreement.

#33:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:17 pm
    —
Just Who Is The Five O'Clock Hero. Featuring Lancing, Eastbourne Town, the Southern Combination Football League and some "old people's music."

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....lock-hero/

For all of the Non League lovers around here!

#34:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:58 pm
    —
I see Claridge and Ridley are living the dream again at Salisbury FC. Wonder if they've got a non slip surface in the showers yet?

#35:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:59 am
    —
nemo wrote:
I see Claridge and Ridley are living the dream again at Salisbury FC. Wonder if they've got a non slip surface in the showers yet?

I always thought Ridley was naive but sincere at Weymouth, he completely over-indulged Claridge and it was their undoing, between them they set an expectation that neither could sustain.

They must have both grown-up a bit in the intervening period and it might help them at Salisbury which was always a nice club to visit. I enjoyed visiting those grounds such as Dorchester & Chippenham (the rainbow warriors) where the people were always hospitable.

Best of all was that telly series. I'm sure that the only people who actually remember it at all, are those that followed Crawley Town FC in that monumental season.

#36:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:47 pm
    —
Whilst you were enjoying your stay at the YMCA last night, I was watching a SCFL title battle- if you can describe a match in such a way at this time of the season- at Haywards Heath for the Middy.

Here's a double length version of what they'll use, for those of you who don't absolutely hate Non League.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....unt-heath/

O'Toole returns to haunt Heath as Musselmen go 8 clear...Haywards Heath Town, Shoreham, the battle for Southern Combination Premier supremacy... and an evening of pantomime.

#37:  Author: Phil BLocation: Ifield, Crawley PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:01 pm
    —
thad wrote:
nemo wrote:

I always thought Ridley was naive but sincere at Weymouth, he completely over-indulged Claridge and it was their undoing, between them they set an expectation that neither could sustain.

They must have both grown-up a bit in the intervening period and it might help them at Salisbury which was always a nice club to visit. I enjoyed visiting those grounds such as Dorchester & Chippenham (the rainbow warriors) where the people were always hospitable.

Best of all was that telly series. I'm sure that the only people who actually remember it at all, are those that followed Crawley Town FC in that monumental season.

Football Diaries Thad.

Ridleys Churchillian speech "a field in Sussex that will be Forever Weymouths" LOL

#38:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:44 pm
    —
http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....continues/

Buckland Athletic progress to the last 16 of the FA Vase with victory at Chichester City. Words, pictures and a collection of odd-shaped ball fanatics (a much longer version of a report that appeared in the Non League Paper).

Please ignore if you don't have an interest in Non League- and see you tomorrow!

#39:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:09 pm
    —
Coleshill leave Crows in a House of Pain. Coleshill Town head to the last eight of the FA Vase with victory over Crowborough Athletic- a much (much) longer version of my NLP report.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....e-of-pain/

With apologies to Thad that I yet again failed to mention the Bob Marley connection. But at least I also left out Sherlock Holmes, Dr Who and Kerry Katona.

#40:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:43 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
With apologies to Thad that I yet again failed to mention the Bob Marley connection. But at least I also left out Sherlock Holmes, Dr Who and Kerry Katona.

Am I only waiting in vain...? Rolling Eyes

#41:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:01 pm
    —
thad wrote:
lochislair wrote:

Am I only waiting in vain...? Rolling Eyes

Don't stir it up

#42:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:58 pm
    —
http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....gasmatron/

Bognor, Hamlet, the Horn Twins and the Orgasmatron. A Ryman Premier League odyssey.

#43:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:40 pm
    —
And the relevance to Crawley Town is??

#44:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:47 am
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:

It doesn't need to be relevant to Crawley Town. This is the 'Talk Football' forum. Which is what Ian's doing. You should have worked this out by now....

#45:  Author: James PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:28 am
    —
thad wrote:
nemo wrote:

Crawley got name-checked a maximum of five times in the whole series, which was a bit of a joke given it was a two-horse race for the title.

Has anybody got a copy of the series?

#46:  Author: James PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:29 am
    —
Actually, found it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNhT1KuvRqg

#47:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:39 pm
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:

It doesn't need to be relevant to Crawley Town. This is the 'Talk Football' forum. Which is what Ian's doing. You should have worked this out by now....

To be fair, there is also a CTFC reference within. I suppose that makes it far more closely connected to CTFC than RRR is to reality...

#48:  Author: thad PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:39 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
http://www.townsendaround.co.uk/steps-3-6/bognor-hamlet-the-horn-twins-and-the-orgasmatron/

Bognor, Hamlet, the Horn Twins and the Orgasmatron. A Ryman Premier League odyssey.

As it happens, my family duties meant that on Saturday I caught a train to Bognor - Warsaw on Sea as one local described it - and met a few Dulwich Hamlet fans on the way down, a very well informed bunch they were too !

#49:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:55 pm
    —
Non-league is rubbish. Leave it to Lincoln City and the like.

#50:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:02 pm
    —
thad wrote:
lochislair wrote:
http://www.townsendaround.co.uk/steps-3-6/bognor-hamlet-the-horn-twins-and-the-orgasmatron/

As it happens, my family duties meant that on Saturday I caught a train to Bognor - Warsaw on Sea as one local described it - and met a few Dulwich Hamlet fans on the way down, a very well informed bunch they were too !

You were in Bognor yet missed the game? For shame. I'd even have bought your beer.

#51:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:03 am
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:

Someone in Bognor has the other half of your brain.

#52:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:52 am
    —
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:

troll

#53:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:04 pm
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:

troll

Look at him trying to get some attention. It's the date, he obviously feels lonely and left out on a day like today. Laughing bless him.

#54:  Author: thad PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:28 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
thad wrote:

You were in Bognor yet missed the game? For shame. I'd even have bought your beer.

I was very tempted even before I knew about your offer Ian, but the primary function of families is to mess up your football watching, its what they do best. Confused

#55:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:43 am
    —
Ian wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:

troll

Look at him trying to get some attention. It's the date, he obviously feels lonely and left out on a day like today. Laughing bless him.

Actually, I'm with your...

Nah, I think I'll stop there.

Nibble nibble.

#56:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:10 pm
    —
Something that might interest those of you who haven't forgotten where we came from.

The demise of Dorking FC.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/.....54572.html

#57:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:50 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
Something that might interest those of you who haven't forgotten where we came from.

The demise of Dorking FC.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/.....54572.html

I've watched Dorking Wanderers twice this season.
I don't know how many of you remember a forward at Woking named Giuseppe Sole, but he was playing up front for them when I watched them in early January.
They have big plans.

I assumed the two clubs would be sharing the redeveloped Meadowbank next season but this article suggests otherwise.
RIP The Chicks.

#58:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:12 pm
    —
http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....pping-pan/

Terror(s) at the Dripping Pan- featuring Lewes versus Tooting and Mitcham United at the top of Ryman South. Guest appearance from former Red Jonte Smith.

#59:  Author: Crawley BenLocation: Broadfield PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:46 pm
    —
Martin Allen sacked by Eastleigh after only 14 games

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39052423

#60:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:37 pm
    —
Crawley Ben wrote:
Martin Allen sacked by Eastleigh after only 14 games

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39052423

Not even slightly surprised. Too much money and unrealistic expectations.

#61:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:42 pm
    —
I'm writing a book at the moment, and thought I'd better feature at least one side from the upper reaches of Non League. I chose Aldershot for reasons of geography-please don't hate me for it.

Here's a rather much shorter version of a chapter I'm working on- a match report (of sorts) from Saturday.

Shots, Imps, and the comedic world of Matt Lucas.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....att-lucas/

#62:  Author: thad PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:03 pm
    —
I always enjoyed my visits to Aldershot, proper old skool... not least cos a decade or so back, when I was banned from home games, they were one of the clubs who invited me - more accurately it was my lady partner who their rather charming chairman had taken a shine to - as a guest, which was a very nice gesture.

Although it did mean I was sitting with the home supporters when we won and of course I broke into spontaneous noisy celebration when we scored... despite their reputation, they were actually far more gracious & sporting as hosts than I was as their guest. Embarassed

#63:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:42 am
    —
thad wrote:
I always enjoyed my visits to Aldershot, proper old skool... not least cos a decade or so back, when I was banned from home games, they were one of the clubs who invited me - more accurately it was my lady partner who their rather charming chairman had taken a shine to - as a guest, which was a very nice gesture.

Although it did mean I was sitting with the home supporters when we won and of course I broke into spontaneous noisy celebration when we scored... despite their reputation, they were actually far more gracious & sporting as hosts than I was as their guest. Embarassed

On Friday when I advised my better half that I was going to Aldershot, she replied, "horrible town- but you quite liked them because they were nice to Vlad." For some reason she could never remember your name, but she was right. People who were nice to you were always OK in my book- shame I've never managed to follow their lead!

#64:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:05 am
    —
Why are we discussing non-league when we're a Football League club?

The non-league is for the likes of Lincoln City. Rubbish.

#65:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:20 am
    —
lochislair wrote:
On Friday when I advised my better half that I was going to Aldershot, she replied, "horrible town- but you quite liked them because they were nice to Vlad." For some reason she could never remember your name, but she was right. People who were nice to you were always OK in my book- shame I've never managed to follow their lead!

I've been called many things, but... VLAD.... the impaler...? priceless blackeye

I'm actually impressed she remembers me at all, lets hope there are no crosses tonight...!

#66:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:21 am
    —

I apologise for standing behind you with a sharpened implement forcing you to comment on a thread about Non League. Although, actually it was probably Vlad!

#67:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:33 am
    —
lochislair wrote:
I apologise for standing behind you with a sharpened implement forcing you to comment on a thread about Non League. Although, actually it was probably Vlad!

I know that BICH was being mischievously ironic... but nonetheless I will attempt to bite his neck tonight... although I'm not sure that I will manage to get any blood out of him..! Shocked

#68:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:46 am
    —
lochislair wrote:

laughing4 fishing

#69:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:08 pm
    —
A little something from the Haven Centre, home of Crawley Down Gatwick, where Haywards Heath Town managed to hold out and hold on to Shoreham's coat-tails in the Southern Combination Football League.

With a Crawley Max Boyce, Malcolm Tucker from The Thick Of It, and a canine pitch invasion.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....ick-of-it/

#70:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:27 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
A little something from the Haven Centre, home of Crawley Down Gatwick, where Haywards Heath Town managed to hold out and hold on to Shoreham's coat-tails in the Southern Combination Football League.

With a Crawley Max Boyce, Malcolm Tucker from The Thick Of It, and a canine pitch invasion.

I went there a few years ago when they had some cup game against Three Bridges - a pretty average game that came to life in the last 15 minutes. The food wagon provided decent quality food with plenty of choices - and it was priced fairly.

#71:  Author: yelsis PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:08 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:

A very good read. I once saw a FA Cup Tie between Crawley Down and Guernsey which I very much enjoyed. Well over 250 there with the Islanders winning. Crawley Town also won away at Peterborough that day.

#72:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:30 pm
    —
Rocking all over The Oak... Mile Oak, Little Common and a collection of semi-naked butlers in SCFL Division One.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....r-the-oak/

#73:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:05 pm
    —
Breaking news! Horsham District Council have voted to approve Horsham FC's new ground application. And I, for one, am bloody delighted! 😃

#74:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:04 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
Breaking news! Horsham District Council have voted to approve Horsham FC's new ground application. And I, for one, am bloody delighted! 😃

I drove past the Holbrook Club earlier and was wondering what the latest was. I see the housing at Holbrook has also been approved and the Club get a new 25 year lease as a result too. thumbleft

#75:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:34 pm
    —
Next Wednesday at Eastbourne Borough- National League v British Army- Sergio will be playing, along with Ian Simpemba:

http://whitehawkfc.com/the-nat.....ialnetwork

Just in case anyone is interested!

#76:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:17 pm
    —
A little something from deepest darkest Uckfield, for those of you interested in that sort of thing.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....gpies-fly/

#77:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:46 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
A little something from deepest darkest Uckfield, for those of you interested in that sort of thing.

A lovely comment there too from Tivvyultras for you to pass on.
Can you pass on 'two nil, and you *beep* it up' from us Reds please back to Tivvyultras?
Wink
Oh what a night that was!!!

A nice read again.Hey, you could make a living out of this blog business!!

I was at Faversham v East Grinstead on Saturday.All I can say is Faversham were very impressive, with an experienced line up......and it was *beep* freezing.....

#78:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:58 am
    —
Armchairfan wrote:
lochislair wrote:

A lovely comment there too from Tivvyultras for you to pass on.
Can you pass on 'two nil, and you *beep* it up' from us Reds please back to Tivvyultras?
Wink
Oh what a night that was!!!

A nice read again.Hey, you could make a living out of this blog business!!

I was at Faversham v East Grinstead on Saturday.All I can say is Faversham were very impressive, with an experienced line up......and it was *beep* freezing.....

Thanks! I'm currently working the blogs into a book, although obviously it'll have a niche market.

I've not been to Faversham yet. This weekend, Saltdean Utd v Seaford Town. Home win = promotion.

#79:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:41 am
    —
Armchairfan wrote:

I well recall after my young (then!) son asked what we were singing and trying to persuade him (and fit in) the word 'messed'.........

He now has been known to use the original word in the chant at Crawley games.........

Wink

#80:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:58 am
    —
Big game at Shoreham today for anyone at a loose end - top two in competition...... scarf

#81:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:08 pm
    —
nemo wrote:
Big game at Shoreham today for anyone at a loose end - top two in competition...... scarf

And congrats to Haywards Heath for winning it...I was watching Saltdean Utd win promotion...

#82:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:13 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
nemo wrote:

And congrats to Haywards Heath for winning it...I was watching Saltdean Utd win promotion...

Has Shoreham ground been given suitable grading, Ian?

#83:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:14 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
lochislair wrote:
nemo wrote:

I believe not, but they have been doing work and seem to be optimistic about it...needs to happen shortly as I understand it...

#84:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:17 pm
    —
ok ok ok im asking non league now well my excuse is Crawley will be there soon under the manequin anyway Mr Non league how about a report from the sx count y league Ferring... looking a bit St Francis'd at foot of div 2 the stats look like this:
p 28 lost 28 goal conceeded 300 gd - 286
whats going on?

#85:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:05 pm
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
ok ok ok im asking non league now well my excuse is Crawley will be there soon under the manequin anyway Mr Non league how about a report from the sx count y league Ferring... looking a bit St Francis'd at foot of div 2 the stats look like this:
whats going on?

Manager left at the end of last season. Most of the squad didn't re-sign. No money. Struggling to put a team out.

Set up isn't too bad, but the truth is (for me, anyway) that the SCFL is running with too many teams. I've no idea why they decided a third division was a good idea.

#86:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:26 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
Simon wrote:
lochislair wrote:
nemo wrote:

I believe not, but they have been doing work and seem to be optimistic about it...needs to happen shortly as I understand it...

Someone at the match today reckoned they had got the ground grading (apparently they were inspected today). Looking around the ground though it seems hard to believe so he could have been wrong!! Great result for the Heath today (who definitely do have the ground grading to go up).

Pleased for Saltdean - nicely appointed little ground and a great place to watch footie

#87:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:51 pm
    —
nemo wrote:
lochislair wrote:
Simon wrote:
lochislair wrote:
nemo wrote:

Someone at the match today reckoned they had got the ground grading (apparently they were inspected today). Looking around the ground though it seems hard to believe so he could have been wrong!! Great result for the Heath today (who definitely do have the ground grading to go up).

Pleased for Saltdean - nicely appointed little ground and a great place to watch footie
access rd to saltdean ground is horrendous when it rains its like a river

#88:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:40 am
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
lochislair wrote:
Simon wrote:
lochislair wrote:
nemo wrote:

access rd to saltdean ground is horrendous when it rains its like a river

Never been a problem when I've visited the ground. it's a great place to watch footie anyway

#89:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:15 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
whats going on?

Manager left at the end of last season. Most of the squad didn't re-sign. No money. Struggling to put a team out.

Set up isn't too bad, but the truth is (for me, anyway) that the SCFL is running with too many teams. I've no idea why they decided a third division was a good idea.

To be fair, they did decide that in the early 80's...

#90:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:12 pm
    —
Tiger Feat! Saltdean United win promotion with victory over Seaford Town, despite apparently playing on a minefield.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....iger-feat/

Featuring former Red Scott Marshall.

#91:  Author: fnbLocation: Skaville PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:01 am
    —
Good and amusing report as always.

#92:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:32 pm
    —
Lewes, Corinthian Casuals, semi-nakedness, and a drunken man waving his Luigi in the air.

No, that isn't a euphemism.

A few words, but mainly pictures, especially for those who read The Sun... Wink

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....-casually/

#93:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:21 am
    —
lochislair wrote:
Lewes, Corinthian Casuals, semi-nakedness, and a drunken man waving his Luigi in the air.

An enjoyable read, as ever. Thank you.

Proofing error? "... as that second clearance set Okojie away and the striker fired home his thirty-third game of the season ..." Ought that be "goal"?

#94:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:45 am
    —
Paulc222 wrote:
lochislair wrote:

An enjoyable read, as ever. Thank you.

Proofing error? "... as that second clearance set Okojie away and the striker fired home his thirty-third game of the season ..." Ought that be "goal"?

It should. That's what happens when you work whilst suffering a thumping headache! Thanks!

#95:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:56 am
    —
Already relegated and overnight vandalism to the pitch postponed Three Bridges home game....anyone have any more news on this?

#96:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:54 am
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
..overnight vandalism to the pitch postponed Three Bridges home game....anyone have any more news on this?

Apparently... George Davis is innocent Cool

#97:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:22 am
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Already relegated and overnight vandalism to the pitch postponed Three Bridges home game....anyone have any more news on this?

Water pipes in the ground damaged, flooded pitch.
Three bridges have had to cancel their annual festival of football, which robs hundreds of youths a tournament for the day.
If I found who it was I would personally hurt them.

#98:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:41 am
    —
lochislair wrote:
nemo wrote:

Another twist yesterday with HH hitting the front now.

#99:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:09 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
lochislair wrote:
nemo wrote:

Another twist yesterday with HH hitting the front now.

Makes tomorrow's match at Hassocks- who are in good form- look rather important.

#100:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:09 pm
    —
http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....als-conga/

A Cue for a Casuals Conga- Corinthian Casuals secure a play off place. And a man smokes CB Fry's old socks.

#101:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:36 pm
    —
Pants Down, Tails Up!

Haywards Heath Town visited Hassocks on Easter Monday.

Words, pictures, and Phil Gault's first foray into adult entertainment.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....-tails-up/

#102:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:18 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
Pants Down, Tails Up!

Haywards Heath Town visited Hassocks on Easter Monday.

Words, pictures, and Phil Gault's first foray into adult entertainment.

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....-tails-up/

Nice write up - nearly went to this game myself

#103:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:58 am
    —
Haywards Heath Town win the SCFL and promotion to Ryman Sth-if the FA don't decide otherwise... http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....hopefully/

#104:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:16 pm
    —
Bognor Regis Town overcome their play-off jitters & despatch Dulwich Hamlet, to a soundtrack by Nearly-Nik Kershaw...

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....lt-hoodoo/

#105:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:21 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
Haywards Heath Town win the SCFL and promotion to Ryman Sth-if the FA don't decide otherwise... http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....hopefully/

Good to see Haywards Heath doing well. I've always thought they had big potential bearing in mind the crowds they used to get in Surburban league.

#106:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:07 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
lochislair wrote:

Good to see Haywards Heath doing well. I've always thought they had big potential bearing in mind the crowds they used to get in Surburban league.

108 average this year...

#107:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:29 pm
    —
And now Bognor's manager has left to take over Eastbourne Borough... Crying or Very sad

#108:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:16 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
And now Bognor's manager has left to take over Eastbourne Borough... Crying or Very sad

I'd say that's like for like in terms of club size and status...

#109:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:47 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:

Don't let Borough fans hear you say that... Very Happy

I think they have a bigger budget than Bognor, and it's nearer home for him as well as a full time position. Borough fans at the moment are simply relieved that he isn't Steve King.

#110:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:38 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:

I think they have a bigger budget than Bognor, and it's nearer home for him as well as a full time position. Borough fans at the moment are simply relieved that he isn't Steve King.
Steve King did ok at Lewes didn't he?

#111:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:45 pm
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
lochislair wrote:
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:

Steve King did ok at Lewes didn't he?

That depends on whether bankrupting the club can be considered a good result. But I suppose he only spent what they allowed him.

#112:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:36 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:
lochislair wrote:

108 average this year...

Indeed they need to step on it a bit. Probably need 200+ next year financially.

Then again I can remember about 4 years ago they were in County League 3 and playing in front of 10 or 15 people.

In fact I can recall Crawley averaging less than 250 in the early 1980s, now we think it's a disaster if we don't get 10x that.

#113:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:09 pm
    —
Simon wrote:

In fact I can recall Crawley averaging less than 250 in the early 1980s, now we think it's a disaster if we don't get 10x that.

When 500 was reported as a 'bumper Town Mead Turnout' Very Happy

#114:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:03 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:

When 500 was reported as a 'bumper Town Mead Turnout' Very Happy

We'll be back to that soon! (500, not Town Mead Very Happy )

#115:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:06 pm
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
not Town Mead Very Happy )

Shame. I would.

#116:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:56 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
not Town Mead Very Happy )

Shame. I would.

The pitch is a lot firmer since they stuck that car park on it Crying or Very sad

#117:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:55 pm
    —
Looks like it could all go Pete Tong for HH.

Charged by the FA with misconduct due to using a player suspended sine die.

Could be a complicated one as it seems the player actually appeared for 5 clubs whilst banned and none of the FA websites were updated to show the suspension....

#118:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:06 am
    —
Simon wrote:

Could be a complicated one as it seems the player actually appeared for 5 clubs whilst banned and none of the FA websites were updated to show the suspension....

From what I've heard the various FAs - Surrey, Sussex and Kent I believe should be hanging their heads in shame. Any criticism/sanction of HH or Melford Simpson would simply be just a massive whitewash to try and save FA officials faces

#119:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:07 am
    —
nemo wrote:
Simon wrote:

From what I've heard the various FAs - Surrey, Sussex and Kent I believe should be hanging their heads in shame. Any criticism/sanction of HH or Melford Simpson would simply be just a massive whitewash to try and save FA officials faces

Let's face it this happens year after year. Similar case last week in the Wessex League where the title was taken away from Moneyfields when the Hampshire FA decided to deduct points 4 months after the event.

Most of these County FAs are run by well meaning amateurs trying to live in a professional era when they should long since have been put out to grass.

The same culture as at the SSC last week where we were all stuck in a far corner when everyone could have comfortably fitted in the West stand.

#120:  Author: matcowdrey PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:22 am
    —
nemo wrote:
Simon wrote:

Well at least there's no precedent there then... Rolling Eyes

#121:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:42 am
    —
matcowdrey wrote:
nemo wrote:
Simon wrote:

Well at least there's no precedent there then... Rolling Eyes

Good point!

#122:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:13 pm
    —
nemo wrote:
Simon wrote:

If Melford Simpson is the player involved then he shouldn't be immune from criticism - he surely knew he was banned sine die?

#123:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:30 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
nemo wrote:
Simon wrote:

If Melford Simpson is the player involved then he shouldn't be immune from criticism - he surely knew he was banned sine die?

It helps to have some paperwork...

#124:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:01 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
nemo wrote:
Simon wrote:

That is exactly what the player is saying. He wasn't aware as the suspension related to unpaid disciplinary fees by the club not relating to him personally.

Surely a bit odd that the player has played for 4/5 clubs since then (ironically including Shoreham I gather) and not one club was aware. And the suspension did not appear on any of the lusts of the County FAs involved.

Perhaps the blazers expect every club secretary to be a mind reader....

#125:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:50 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
Ian wrote:
nemo wrote:
Simon wrote:

That is exactly what the player is saying. He wasn't aware as the suspension related to unpaid disciplinary fees by the club not relating to him personally.

Surely a bit odd that the player has played for 4/5 clubs since then (ironically including Shoreham I gather) and not one club was aware. And the suspension did not appear on any of the lusts of the County FAs involved.

not sure I want to think about what the County FQ's are lusting about!

#126:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:16 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
Ian wrote:
nemo wrote:
Simon wrote:

I wasn't aware of the exact situation (Google gave me nothing, which is probably part of the problem Very Happy !) and assumed it was for assaulting an official as thats what sine die is normally imposed for.

So it's just until fines are paid, but no one was ever told that they weren't paid? What a shambles. They should probably brush this under the carpet...

#127:  Author: Crawley BenLocation: Broadfield PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:12 pm
    —
Adam Hinshelwood has left Brighton and is taking over as Hastings manager.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/spor.....ings_boss/

Ben

#128:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:13 pm
    —
FA find against Haywards Heath. Points deduction to be finalised at meeting with the SCFL

#129:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:19 pm
    —
nemo wrote:
FA find against Haywards Heath. Points deduction to be finalised at meeting with the SCFL

Seems very much as if the FA expect clubs to employ clairvoyants as well as administrators.

#130:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:41 pm
    —
lochislair wrote:
nemo wrote:

Seems very much as if the FA expect clubs to employ clairvoyants as well as administrators.

thumbleft Laughing
Its an absolute joke

#131:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:21 am
    —
nemo wrote:
lochislair wrote:
nemo wrote:

thumbleft Laughing
Its an absolute joke
the FA are never wrong except for when they dont get it right

#132:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:14 pm
    —
nemo wrote:
lochislair wrote:
nemo wrote:

thumbleft Laughing
Its an absolute joke

I wonder if they will find them guilty, and impose a 0 point deduction because of the circumstances.

#133:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:40 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
nemo wrote:
lochislair wrote:
nemo wrote:

thumbleft Laughing
Its an absolute joke

I wonder if they will find them guilty, and impose a 0 point deduction because of the circumstances.

Hope so - it would be the sensible thing to do but hey this is the SCFL 🙁

#134:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:50 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
nemo wrote:
lochislair wrote:
nemo wrote:

thumbleft Laughing
Its an absolute joke

3 points would be OK and a healthy dose of 'brush it under the carpet'.

#135:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:16 pm
    —
[url]
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/.....07142.html
[/url]
On Heath website
Quote:

SCFL have tonight issued Heath with a 9 point deduction leaving the title and promotion in the balance

#136:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:45 am
    —
So it appears the player had a sine die ban due to an unpaid fine of £10 when at Fisher which he was unaware of (seriously, who risks a sine die ban for a tenner?).

When he signed for HH some time later the ban was not listed on FA websites but appeared some time later although the club and player had no reason to check.

Showcasing the FA at its best, clearly....

#137:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:04 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
So it appears the player had a sine die ban due to an unpaid fine of £10 when at Fisher which he was unaware of (seriously, who risks a sine die ban for a tenner?).

When he signed for HH some time later the ban was not listed on FA websites but appeared some time later although the club and player had no reason to check.

HH have appealed the leagues decision.

#138:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:16 pm
    —
nemo wrote:
Simon wrote:

I am sure the prawn sandwiches have been organised for the meeting.

#139:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:33 am
    —
Simon wrote:
nemo wrote:
Simon wrote:

I am sure the prawn sandwiches have been organised for the meeting.

Ha wonder if it will be held at Lancing FC who fielded an ineligible player in last season's Peter Bentley Cup Final and were never sanctioned?!

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1