Leyton Orient matchday thread
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: Leyton Orient matchday thread Author: Site Admin PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:27 pm
    —
Please keep any discussion of today's game against Leyton Orient to this thread. Any others may be merged with this one, locked or deleted.

Those unable to get to the game will be able to keep up to date with the action with commentary on Reds Player.

There is also text commentary available from the BBC and Sporting Life courtesy of the Press Association.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35620387
http://www.sportinglife.com/fo.....awley-town

#2:  Author: royboyLocation: Horsham PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:14 pm
    —
Can't believe Tomlin starts again Shocked

#3:  Author: Crawley BenLocation: Broadfield PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:35 pm
    —
Jones, Bradley (C), Edwards, Barnard, Atkinson, Ashton, Bawling, Deacon, Tomlin, Bond, Yorwerth,

Subs: Preston - GK, Oyebanjo, Young, Fenelon, Harrold, Sutherland, Della-Verde

#4:  Author: far2jammy PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:25 pm
    —
royboy wrote:
Can't believe Tomlin starts again Shocked

Atkinson does not deserve a game either from what I have seen

#5:  Author: Phil BLocation: Ifield, Crawley PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:44 pm
    —
1-0 (42 mins) Embarassed

#6:  Author: fnbLocation: Skaville PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:57 pm
    —
Stats show shots 5 - 0 and corners 7 - 0 Sad

#7:  Author: GreyTraderLocation: Horsham PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:04 pm
    —
36th away goal conceded this season. Highest in the division Crying or Very sad

Negative away tactics maybe BangHead

#8:  Author: GraemeLocation: Norwich PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:08 pm
    —
That half sounded pretty dire, 1-0 is better than it should have been.
Again not sure we have a good enough team to turn this around. Confused

Maybe if we can keep it to 1-0 at 80 minutes we might be able to steal a point.

#9:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:08 pm
    —
It's OK. Orient is a guaranteed 6 points a season for us (apart from one earlier loss) Smile

#10:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:28 pm
    —
MY is completely clueless 65 minutes before we see Harold and Fenelon, surely you could tell at half time his tactics were not working

gap to the bottom 2 down to 11 points as it stands

#11:  Author: PEETEELocation: Haywards Heath PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:30 pm
    —
First shot for us after 54 mins Deacon. Barnard and Tomlin never threaten a goal perhaps Harrold andFenelon can do better

#12:  Author: Phil BLocation: Ifield, Crawley PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:31 pm
    —
2-0 (71 mins) Embarassed Embarassed

#13:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:32 pm
    —
BBC stats suggest we have barely touched the ball. 38 percent is pretty poor.

#14:  Author: GreyTraderLocation: Horsham PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:34 pm
    —
37th BangHead

#15:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:36 pm
    —
didnt think i would be happy seeing luton score but that goal means we remain 12 points off bottom 2

#16:  Author: Phil BLocation: Ifield, Crawley PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:43 pm
    —
Sulton111 wrote:
didnt think i would be happy seeing luton score but that goal means we remain 12 points off bottom 2

2-2 !

#17:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:46 pm
    —
damn only 11 points off the drop not looking that good at the minute

#18:  Author: Phil BLocation: Ifield, Crawley PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:52 pm
    —
Sulton111 wrote:
damn only 11 points off the drop not looking that good at the minute

Stop panicking.

Luton 3-2

#19:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:54 pm
    —
luton score again so still 12 points the gap

#20:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:05 pm
    —
Did we really only manage to have 1 shot and 38% possession during the whole sorry debacle.??
That is truly f*****g woeful.

#21:  Author: PEETEELocation: Haywards Heath PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:05 pm
    —
Only the one shot on goal all game so none from our two subs Matt and Shamir

#22:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:09 pm
    —
Sounds like we were lucky to get nil Sad

#23:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:29 pm
    —
C'mon chaps, we were always going to struggle there and it isn't a shameful scoreline, so long as we battled and made it difficult for them, that is probably the most we can ask for at the moment...(?)

Anyway Morecambe lost... which might just be all that really matters.. Wink

#24:  Author: SuperRedDevils PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:32 pm
    —
Sorry but that was rediculous. I wouldn't mind of they showed a bit of desire but that was pathetic. Show some fight guys. One shot in the game is not good enough it doesnt matter who you play.

#25:  Author: Hickmott Senior PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:42 pm
    —
We have a run of HUGE games coming up in March that could really make or break things

Results - aside from Newport's - pretty much went our way, so that's one less game the chasing pack have at their disposal to catch us.

We just need to get over the line and avoid the drop, and (hopefully) kick on under a new regime next term. Have the Turks considered that we might fail in our quest, and do they have a Plan B?

#26:  Author: Sussex Boy PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:56 pm
    —
Not going up...not going down.

It will be like this for a few seasons...simple.

#27:  Author: colinLocation: Pound Hill PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:02 pm
    —
Can not believe you start with Tomlin barnyard and deacon all *beep* useless oh for the clear out

#28:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:03 pm
    —
colin wrote:
Can not believe you start with Tomlin barnyard and deacon all *beep* useless oh for the clear out

From what I have seen, I am not sure what Atkinson brings to the team either.

#29:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:23 pm
    —
colin wrote:

Lets avoid the blow out first Colin.

But you're right,having a good clear out when you've been blocked for up for months sure makes everything feel better,and brother,do we have some clearing out to do in the summer,it's gonna be messy.

#30:  Author: PEETEELocation: Haywards Heath PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:36 pm
    —
Just watched MY interview describing his team as pathetic and went there to loose. He looks a beaten man how is he going to motivate our sorry bunch for the rest of the season let alone tuesdays game

#31:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:27 pm
    —
PEETEE wrote:
Just watched MY interview describing his team as pathetic and went there to loose. He looks a beaten man how is he going to motivate our sorry bunch for the rest of the season let alone tuesdays game

He is clearly fed up and I didn't pick up a single positive vibe in that interview.
You ask how he's going to motivate this sorry bunch for the rest of the season,I'd like to ask who's going to motivate him. I don't think the timing of this so called takeover has helped motivate anyone, and it should have been kept under wraps till the end of the season.I really do fear a relegation battle for the last few weeks of the season and the uncertainty of the clubs position will be to blame.

#32:  Author: WarrenLocation: Spain PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:39 pm
    —
A shambolic display with no fight, effort or idea.

Another pathetic performance and we never looked like we wanted to win the game.

No chances of note, no passion and absolutely no positives either.

With two months of the season to go, the majority of these players should be fighting for a contract with us for next season or putting themselves in the shop window for other clubs.

How poor must the teams below us be? Perform like that every game until the end of the season and we will be in a serious relegation battle.

Looking forward to this season coming to an end and the player cull to begin.

Bring on Newport...

Last edited by Warren on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

#33:  Author: Hickmott Senior PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:22 pm
    —
Survival is firmly in our own hands, but I am not sure we have got the guts or fight to hold onto it

Some tough games lie ahead and it really could go to the wire

#34:  Author: sawdustbrownLocation: Horsham PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:35 pm
    —
Hickmott Senior wrote:
Survival is firmly in our own hands, but I am not sure we have got the guts or fight to hold onto it

Some tough games lie ahead and it really could go to the wire

Its funny- just a week ago and people were praising a hard fought point against Plymouth. Yes we have been poor on the road this season but i do think our home form will be enough

#35:  Author: DamoLocation: Reigate PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:45 pm
    —
Seriously very poor today. Only slight positive (clutching at straws) is that the defence worked hard for spells. Other than that - this is an empty team. Devoid of any ideas, creativity, skill.

I don't blame anyone though - what's MY supposed to do with the financial constraints he's working with?. I don't sense the players aren't trying. They're just not quite good enough at this level.

Last edited by Damo on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

#36:  Author: far2jammy PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:50 pm
    —
Next run of home games should be winnable if we can get two more wins out of the next three home games we will be ok. Strangely there are some teams more awful than us in the division.

#37:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:04 pm
    —
The travelling fans deserve more than today's woeful display.

Frankly it's not good enough, BUT I do think we will be safe and stay up this season.

#38:  Author: SuperRedDevils PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:42 pm
    —
PEETEE wrote:

He is right. It was pathetic. I go to an awful lot of (awful) games and I don't think I have ever seen such a feeble display from a team that just didn't look interested. It wasn't the managers fault today, although it baffles me that Deacon plays wide and Edwards isn't on the wing.

#39:  Author: Red ArmyLocation: London PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:57 pm
    —
Says everything that loudest cheer from the away fans was for Harold coming on to go up front.

Utterly awful. Didn't think we could go down this season but after today I'm having second thoughts.

#40:  Author: DamoLocation: Reigate PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:09 pm
    —
...also..

Today was my third time watching us at Orient. The first time was a pretty dull affair only enlightened by a sublime Billy Clarke match-winning chip, the second time we mullered them with some great free-flowing attacking football. Today shows how far backwards we've gone as a football club. Credit though to the travelling support - noisy initially, until the quality of our performance completely sucked any sort of life or enthusiasm out of the event.

#41:  Author: dazLocation: horley PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:29 pm
    —
Just back via a nice little rude bar in the middle of london, had to go there to forget about that awful performance that we just witnessed, embarrassing for this level of football.
Time to give up on barnard, woeful.........

#42:  Author: PEETEELocation: Haywards Heath PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:14 am
    —
Another woeful disinterested away performance then well done to those who went I could not get any enthusiasm to go. Will hope that they can turn it round on Tuesday and at least let's see some real effort as if they are up for a win.

#43:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:43 am
    —
SuperRedDevils wrote:
PEETEE wrote:

He is right. It was pathetic. I go to an awful lot of (awful) games and I don't think I have ever seen such a feeble display from a team that just didn't look interested. It wasn't the managers fault today, although it baffles me that Deacon plays wide and Edwards isn't on the wing.
disgeaceful how this clown attacks his players in this way. Dressing room lost? I know i keep saying sack yates but can anyone defend this idiot now?

#44:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:47 am
    —
Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
The travelling fans deserve more than today's woeful display.

Frankly it's not good enough, BUT I do think we will be safe and stay up this season.

Fully agree.

#45:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:01 am
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
SuperRedDevils wrote:
PEETEE wrote:

disgeaceful how this clown attacks his players in this way. Dressing room lost? I know i keep saying sack yates but can anyone defend this idiot now?

There will be no changes in management whilst the takeover is in progress. Why would the current regime change things when they are on their way out? The new regime will have their own ideas about what they want and will be responsible for making the decision.

#46:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:04 pm
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:

I can... the CEO of the club has released public statements about new owners and how they are in the lucky position of only having three players who will be here next season (one of whom has only just signed an extension)...

...think about it... in those circumstances it is hardly surprising that motivation & loyalty to the club's cause might be in slightly short supply...(?)

We need to march to the same beat... Just Bang That Drum MY Wink

"Lets get it in perspective"

#47:  Author: John The GasLocation: Sunny Horsham PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:52 pm
    —
Would you want ANY of these SPINELESS "players" fighting alongside you in the trenches?

JTG

#48:  Author: Jim BakerLocation: Worth actually PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:25 pm
    —
I had a great day out yesterday. Met up with some friends at Three Bridges. Took a trip to London. The underground broke! Left us a North Greenwich (the O2 arena) and the only way out was standing in a queue for ever or flying. We flew! Cable car ride over the Thames.
Met up with another friend at the Coach and Horses and had the day spoilt by an abject performance by CTFC. Although, to be fair we lost to a world and an own goal. Orient were not that good although they should have had another when from a decent bit of play a forward managed to clear the bar from three yards 😂 I did make it two shots on target for us. Deacon from outside the box and it may have been Edwards near the end who got through and tried to flick it over the keeper.

Back to the pub for some Rugby and onto a bar of salubrious reputation where ladies did not behave like ladies and there was boxing on the TV.

Enjoyable day spoilt by a lack of football from us.

Jim Baker

#49:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:57 pm
    —
John The Gas wrote:
Would you want ANY of these SPINELESS "players" fighting alongside you in the trenches?

Would you like fighting alongside troops who had already been told by their commanding officer that their demise is inevitable..? spineless... after been shot in the back..!

#50:  Author: srn151161Location: North holmwood PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:58 pm
    —
Have a feeling we will all understand what was behind Mr Yates very personal attack on his team in the next week or so...!!

#51:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:44 pm
    —
thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:

I can... the CEO of the club has released public statements about new owners and how they are in the lucky position of only having three players who will be here next season (one of whom has only just signed an extension)...

...think about it... in those circumstances it is hardly surprising that motivation & loyalty to the club's cause might be in slightly short supply...(?)

lack of motivation is not good enough the clown is supposed to be a professional. He wont be with us next season that i think we can all agree on justbwish he would go sooner than later we look worse as season drags on under yates.

#52:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:34 pm
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:

lack of motivation is not good enough the clown is supposed to be a professional. He wont be with us next season that i think we can all agree on justbwish he would go sooner than later we look worse as season drags on under yates.

But is Yates the one to blame for lack of motivation....?

I mean, a statement from the club that basically stated they are ALL - except 3 - not really valued... followed by the gem that being in League 2 means we will get bonus TV money next year.... is a bit of a kick in the nuts to any employee....

...it is all well & good to point out that they are professionals and have their pride, but shouldn't those factors really have had a bit more regard & consideration about the impact, before you go around making those sort of public declarations...?

Don't blame the clown for the incompetence of the ringmaster(s)...!

#53:  Author: Jim BakerLocation: Worth actually PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:55 am
    —
Talking of the incompetence of ringmasters I was bemoaning the fact that their left back was causing us all sorts of problems as he was allowed to roam up and down the touchline at will. Bawling often had two people to deal with. A task he stuck too manfully if not always succesfully.

Matt Harrold brought on, Edwards to right wing full back now under pressure in his own half. Let's build on this. Let's play some balls for Edwards to run on too. Let's change it and go to three at the back and pull Edwards back into his own half. Evil or Very Mad

Stupid mistake.

Jim Baker

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1