Notts County matchday thread
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#31:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:23 pm
    —
A couple of questions I have from today.

1 why was the scoreboard not working ?

2 why did we kick off 5 minutes late ?

Any idea, anyone ?

#32:  Author: MichaelLocation: Crawley PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:23 pm
    —
Phil B wrote:
Massive win - in fact a Mega Massive win !

Simpson and Youga were outstanding. After such a long layoff, I was surprised Simpson started but showed us how much we have missed him (as well as giving RRR a two fingered salute an his pathetic slagging off of him on another thread). Ward was back to his best and the whole team did well.
County were as toothless as Oldham were - even worse probably. Lots of possession but no end result.

We now have our fate back in our hands ..... Shocked

Maybe I was watching a different game but I thought Simpson was POOR and as for Pogbar what a waste of space he is

#33:  Author: MichaelLocation: Crawley PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:25 pm
    —
Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:

1 why was the scoreboard not working ? Who cares

2 why did we kick off 5 minutes late ? Who cares

Any idea, anyone ?

#34:  Author: Bianchiboy PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:31 pm
    —
Wodin wrote:
Tin pot is a great banner...an absolutely accurate...end of season presentations in a half empty stadium with games to go....tinpot Laughing

Great result..bloody cold out of the sun

And a scoreboard that seems to have finally given up the ghost?
Also, how come they didn't open up the terrace for the County fans until just before ko, did a load turn up unexpected?
As for the game, two early goals and then saw the game out against the worst side I have seen at the Broadfield this season.
Pogba is a truely awful player, doesn't run, jump or anticipate anything, other than him I thought the whole team did a good job of getting the three points.
If the teams around us lose their games in hand I reckon one more win will be enough?

#35:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm
    —

Any idea, anyone ?

1 it's broken
2 not sure. Maybe something to do with the County fans asking to be let onto the terrace. Which they were, just as the match kicked off.

#36:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:39 pm
    —
Pogba ...I agree he is an enigma but we are a different team when he supports McLeod his physical presence scares defenders he has some superb skills . Today he did a very decent job.

#37:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:53 pm
    —
Good team performance. Got the goals and then closed the game out.

The defence looked much stronger with Ward running the show and it shows how much Lewis Young has progressed that he kept Oyebanjo out on merit.

I thought Pogba did well. He may not have stood out but his work rate was there as was Tomlin's.

I think one win will do it now. Maybe even 1 point. I know there are games in hand but Notts Co looked awful and Colchester have become a bit detached as well.

The PoS presentations were (predictably) a bit silly, the ground was almost empty. Whether that or the opening of the North terrace at the last moment contributed to the late start I don't know.

Finally the PA once again needs looking at. Who is "Yan Ickson" who won the PoS award?

#38:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:24 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
Finally the PA once again needs looking at. Who is "Yan Ickson" who won the PoS award?

I'm not sure it's the PA, more the person using it. At half-time I couldn't hear most of what was going on and only realised it was Henry Smith in goal due to the hair. I'm sure Graham Wright holds the mic too close which distorts his voice when heard through the speakers.

#39:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:39 pm
    —

Any idea, anyone ?

1. the piggy bank is empty
2. the ref was a clown useless from start to finish

#40:  Author: trev PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:07 pm
    —
Great win just need to play with the same effort and fight in the next two games and I think we might just escape the drop. What does DS see in Morgan when he came on he was truly awful he is no better when he starts a game as its like playing with 10 men.

#41:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:18 pm
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:

Any idea, anyone ?

1. the piggy bank is empty
2. the ref was a clown useless from start to finish

I wondered if Deano did not want the scoreboard on . So the players ( particularly notts County's could see how long was left ? )

#42:  Author: niftyLocation: pound hill PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:26 pm
    —
1 The score board was crap anyway
2 Think they had a coach turn up late

Who gives a toss anyway it was a great 3 points.we were poor at times but what a great finish for the first goal.
bring on the last 2 games.
also heard the bar is open early for Coventry game so lets get down there early

#43:  Author: Alex BH PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:35 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
Pogba ...I agree he is an enigma but we are a different team when he supports McLeod his physical presence scares defenders he has some superb skills . Today he did a very decent job.
I like Pogba even though he is quite clumsy he seems like our lucky charm, we always seem to do better when he starts the game. I think he is lacking fitness though and usually he wouldn't be playing, but when Morgan came on he showed yet again that he is out of his depth.

#44:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:11 pm
    —
Alex BH wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
I like Pogba even though he is quite clumsy he seems like our lucky charm, we always seem to do better when he starts the game. I think he is lacking fitness though and usually he wouldn't be playing, but when Morgan came on he showed yet again that he is out of his depth.
and Simpson had a very average game if we had played a half decent side his pushing forward at wrong tiems wouldve left us exposed he needs a brain of football like Fowler who i cant understand wht hasnt been offered a contract wht more doe sthat guty need do prove himself at this levl his is up to league 1 unlike simpson and lot players we have!

#45:  Author: David RLocation: Jeju Island, South Korea PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:27 pm
    —
I can see why people don't like Pogs, but I can also see the fear in the defenders eyes when hecomes bounding down on them, we play better when he is on..

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
Page 3 of 5