Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#46:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:38 am
    —
Graeme wrote:
I reckon there will be 16000-20000 at least. I have never been to Carrow road with less than that sort of crowd. My guess about 18000.
When they played Luton in the cup they really dropped the prices and the place was packed but it always is. (They lost as well !)

Maybe but that was the FA Cup, on a Saturday afternoon, plus Luton is a fair bit closer than Crawley and they have a bigger support base than us.

This is the League Cup on a Tuesday night with a 6 hour return trip from Crawley.

If we took 400 I think we will have done very well, even with cheap prices.

#47:  Author: Astral Voyager PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:01 am
    —
With Great Yarmouth down the road, should be a beano..and reckon Crawley could snatch a sneaky win too.

#48:  Author: thad PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:25 pm
    —
Simply Deli-a-cious...! occasion18

Astral Voyager wrote:
With Great Yarmouth down the road, should be a beano...

Watch out for them Norfolk Broads... thar boootyful Wink

#49:  Author: guildford roader PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:41 pm
    —
Well that's a disappointing draw....will just have to have a short midweek break in the Broads. Shucks.

#50:  Author: ant PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:06 pm
    —
I would say We're all going on a summer holdiay....but given the news about Sor CLiff perhaps not

#51:  Author: Town_Two PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:17 pm
    —
[quote="stoneface"]We beat their neighbours last night, so this is okay.

They are over 40 miles away from each other...

#52:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:38 pm
    —
I am staying in Essex that week and thought 'great, a mid-week game I can get to'.

Then I did a route check and found that it was still a two hour drive, plus I don't think the missus would be chuffed if I upped and went. And no, I won't invite her as she hates football with a passion.

#53:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:44 pm
    —
Does anyone know if there is any video on line of our Ipswich match? I'd like to see the goal again as I was too busy looking at Gwion on the deck and only just saw the ball bobbling over the line.

#54:  Author: GraemeLocation: Norwich PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:02 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
Graeme wrote:
I reckon there will be 16000-20000 at least. I have never been to Carrow road with less than that sort of crowd. My guess about 18000.
When they played Luton in the cup they really dropped the prices and the place was packed but it always is. (They lost as well !)

Maybe but that was the FA Cup, on a Saturday afternoon, plus Luton is a fair bit closer than Crawley and they have a bigger support base than us.

This is the League Cup on a Tuesday night with a 6 hour return trip from Crawley.

Yes it was a Saturday afternoon, but the only Luton supporters were in Block F, block G was empty, the rest was Norwich fans. Whether we take 100 or 400 it will make virtually no difference to the crowd. They didnt think much of the draw but as its their last game until 13th September so most seem to be planning to go.

#55:  Author: GillsManLocation: Dorking PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:17 pm
    —
notso wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any video on line of our Ipswich match? I'd like to see the goal again as I was too busy looking at Gwion on the deck and only just saw the ball bobbling over the line.

Haha, me too - though I did get distracted just enough to see the goal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEkzLwXAc-U

#56:  Author: James PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:19 pm
    —
notso wrote:

Here you go, innit.

http://youtu.be/bEkzLwXAc-U?li.....lHZwcDzQDg

#57:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:20 pm
    —
Graeme wrote:
Simon wrote:
Graeme wrote:

Yes it was a Saturday afternoon, but the only Luton supporters were in Block F, block G was empty, the rest was Norwich fans. Whether we take 100 or 400 it will make virtually no difference to the crowd. They didnt think much of the draw but as its their last game until 13th September so most seem to be planning to go.

Block F must be pretty impressive then as Luton took over 4,000 supporters. More than any Premier League team that season I believe.

#58:  Author: backofthenetLocation: Oop North PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:18 pm
    —
http://www.footballgroundguide...../index.htm

As you look at the photo, the block on the left I believe.

#59:  Author: Crawley Dan PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:11 pm
    —
Lets take a good number there!

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news.....29067.aspx

#60:  Author: Sulton111 PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:02 pm
    —
backofthenet wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
thats a poor draw for us - a 3 quarters empty stadium

certainly not a very winnable game

and not particularly close - although it could have been a lot worse

The ground holds 27000. For the corresponding fixture last season (albeit they were in the PL) against Bury, they had over 16000 there.

Would you say it's more or less winnable than say Hull away in the FA Cup?

I bet there will not be 16000 there more like 10000 at a push

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
Page 4 of 5