Friendly v Chelsea U21
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: Friendly v Chelsea U21 Author: Peter PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:30 pm
    —
If you are not at the game today you can follow the action on the matchday blog on the official site here, or via updates on their Twitter account here.

Reds Player subscribers can listen to commentary of the game here.

#2:  Author: Phil BLocation: Ifield, Crawley PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:58 pm
    —
1-0 Simpson (31 mins) (That guy RRR says should be at the back !)
2-0 McLeod (43 mins)

HT : 2-0

3 late goals sees Chelsea win 2-3 !

FT : 2-3

Last edited by Phil B on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3:  Author: GillsManLocation: Dorking PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:48 pm
    —
3 goals in 8 minutes to turn it around. 3-2 Chelsea. Jon Harley is playing for them??

#4:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:48 pm
    —
Worrying.

#5:  Author: Phil BLocation: Ifield, Crawley PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:51 pm
    —
lee 66 wrote:
Worrying.

Really? After 10 changes in the second half ?

#6:  Author: oldcodgerLocation: Stoke on Trent PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:23 pm
    —
All goals fault of G.K. (Spiegel) he had a nightmare of a second half, on that performance am pleased he is only on a months loan, his performance at Eastleigh and Brighton also were not that good.

First half was not a bad game and we deserved the 2.0 lead, some encouraging performances, with that starting 11 we should be safe next season. We need time to gel on the pitch and the supporters also need get behind and to know the players.

Second half with all the changes made difficult to make any conclusions.

Just about worth the fiver I paid.

#7:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:25 pm
    —
How many in attendance?

#8:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:28 pm
    —
Phil B wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
Worrying.

Really? After 10 changes in the second half ?

We were average at best before the changes and that's being generous.
That performance one week before the start of the season was worrying.
We looked weak in midfield,Christ,take Simpson out and it's worrying.
The defence with Essam in it is worrying.He looked poor today.As for the keeper on loan from West Ham,well,he needs to be sent back Monday morning.He is a worry.

The pitch looks excellent though.

#9:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:35 pm
    —
lee 66 wrote:
The pitch looks excellent though.

And that's the main thing, isn't it? Wink

#10:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:36 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
How many in attendance?

#11:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:37 pm
    —
We were just about ok in the first half, although Young and Edwards were very poor. Young just isn't up to standard gave the ball away when he received it and defensively he wasn't there. Edwards was marginally better but poor.

For a team playing with two wide men I don't think either of them got a cross in. Our fullbacks were more effective.

Henderson Simpson and Smith must all start against Barnsley as they are the only midfielders we have up to league one level

Second half showed how poor a lot of the back up players are. The goal keeper looks like a liability in the games he has played and the lad from Rotherham had a nightmare in midfield giving the ball away .

Positives were Oconnor looks lively at times if a bit lost positionally at least he gets stuck in.. The Ex Fulham youngster did ok but is very small.

Seems we have signed a team of midgets with the odd exception.

We won't be playing against a team with that speed and skill very often but we need to develop a pattern of play quick it's not clear what pattern we are playing. The long kick from goalie Jensen to McLeod is our most effective weapon at the moment.

Last edited by Crawley69 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:48 pm
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
Ian wrote:
How many in attendance?

Or 1508.

https://twitter.com/crawleytown/status/495590097061158912

#13:  Author: AndrewLocation: Pound Hill PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:58 pm
    —
Peter wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Ian wrote:
How many in attendance?

Or 1508.

https://twitter.com/crawleytown/status/495590097061158912

Maybe that was net of the 159 counted for Chelsea ? Wink

#14:  Author: Crawley Dan PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:58 pm
    —
Decided late on to go to the game today as I wasn't up to much else, wish I had stayed at home. Today was not good... at all.

Very few positives IMO coming in the form of Brian Jensen who was solid again, Jimmy Smith who worked hard all game and Gavin Tomlin who caused problems.. but unfortunately went off injured...again.
I agree about Smith, Henderson and Simpson all starting at Barnsley and I would of had Tomlin and Gwion on the wings but now with Tomlin looking like he will be out for a few weeks it means Lewis Young... That's LEWIS YOUNG, announced by the match day announcer and on the official team sheet as LUKE Young (Embarrassing) will be playing. He is not anywhere near IMO league 1 standard. His positional play is poor, he goes missing too often and he is very very lightweight. I will be happy for him to prove me wrong but for now, i agree with Lee, its very worrying.

We still need to bring in a Striker and another winger. Next week is going to be a huge test and I for one am worried we could be on the end of a thumping against a Barnsley side that will be out looking to start well and prove a point.

#15:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:10 pm
    —
Jensen , Dickson Leacock Walsh Oyebanjo

Simspon Henderson Smith Edwards

McLeod

That's 10 to start.

With Harold and Tomlin likely out injured I can't think who of the others would be worth a spot. Bradley would be ok but he covers the one area of the field we a reasonably ok.

I would probably pick O'connor simply because he has a go and seems to be able to get behind the opposition. If he can gain a bit if strength he may do ok. Not sure any of the rest of the squad would make a conference first 11 frankly, we have 13 league standard players and two of those are injured.

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2