#1:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:50 pm
    —
Well done Lochislair. Spot on.

#2: Dannie Bulman Joins AFCW Author: Ross PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:52 pm
    —
Sad

#3:  Author: MunchkinLocation: Southgate PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:57 pm
    —
I feel physically sick to think of our Dannie in a KFC Kingston shirt!

#4:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:45 pm
    —
We should have made an effort to keep him.
What a sad end.
AFC?????Really?????

#5:  Author: Crawley BenLocation: Broadfield PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:46 pm
    —
Very disappointing now we know for sure Dannie's moved on, but he owes this club & it's fans nothing at all & I for one wish him well with the move. Best of luck Dannie, you will always be a Crawley Town legend salut

Ben

#6:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:48 pm
    —
Crap really . Looks like we won't even be shopping in bargain basement , it will be e bargain basement sales we are waiting for. The chaff of the chaff.

It would be useful if supporters were given some indication of the extent of the reduction in budget I.e percentages terms as it looks pretty dire when someone like Bulman can't be accommodated.

#7:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:53 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
Crap really . Looks like we won't even be shopping in bargain basement , it will be e bargain basement sales we are waiting for. The chaff of the chaff.

It would be useful if supporters were given some indication of the extent of the reduction in budget I.e percentages terms as it looks pretty dire when someone like Bulman can't be accommodated.

I agree with you.
The really worrying part is that AFC are prudent with their spending,they dont pay over the odds for anyone or anything.
I would ask,was/is the AfC deal that much greater than what we offered?
I would say yes it was,otherwise why else move on from a settled club.
That's the worrying part for me.
On the other hand,we will at least know that the players that are here next season are here because they want to be.

#8:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:00 pm
    —
I think "our negotiators" have seriously underestimated offers and the likelihood of players re- signing. Only 12 days ago Gregory was saying he thought Bully would stay ...reality is they have all said no thanks.

It gives us a serious problem creating a "team" for next season having so many new faces. I actually don't think more than one of last season squad will be here come the close if the transfer window.

As for getting players who want to be here , I suspect it will be more like players who don't have many other options in reality.

#9:  Author: John The GasLocation: Sunny Horsham PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:18 pm
    —
No player is bigger than the Club - Dannie Bulman is.

The end of an era for our Reds Legend😂

Our loss and AFC Plastic's gain.

Good luck in your new venture,Dannie.

JTG

#10:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:25 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
It gives us a serious problem creating a "team" for next season having so many new faces. I actually don't think more than one of last season squad will be here come the close if the transfer window.

You mean like 2010-2011 when we put a virtually new team together in the summer and still won the Conference?

Or 2006-7 when we were registering players the day before the game but still won our first 3 games?

Before JCLs like you came along I guess.

#11:  Author: 2oo2Red PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:26 pm
    —
Gutted by this. AFC Wimbledon have got a great league 1 player, shame we couldn't keep him. The offer we put on the table must have been really, really poor.

I can see Sergio going that way, if he doesn't end up at Oxford.

#12:  Author: mickfLocation: Southgate PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:27 pm
    —
On a par with him joining Luton or the carrier bags!!! Crying or Very sad
The only slight concern is despite all the platitudes of players saying they like playing for JG the only ones who haven chosen to are ones under contract to us already or a few new signings who dont really know his management (apart maybe from the odd encounter several years ago).
Sure I am worrying unduly! Embarassed

#13:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:33 pm
    —
We are playing at a different level now and you can't just throw 20 players together 6 weeks before the season starts and expect them to be a team. Certainly not if you a shopping in our isle of the supermarket at any rate.

My point is we had a decent team and team spirit more of the money should have gone to retaining some of that , which wasn't exactly doing badly, rather than tearing the whole thing down. rebuilding it is a lot harder than destroying it.

Both Dunsford and JG have a hell of a lot to answer for if this doesn't workout. And before anyone gets carried away I am not talking about spending above our means just retaining some key players who have done well and will assist continuity.

#14:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:03 pm
    —
Anyone but AFC Plastics.

Our greatest player gone to our most recent of big rivals.

Of course I wish Dannie well but this is a bit sickening.

#15:  Author: seanoLocation: Cowfold cottage tandoori PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:11 pm
    —
Good luck dannie, crawley legend/hero doesn't do him justice. AFC probably don't even realise how lucky they are!

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 4