New Signing
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: New Signing Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:09 pm
    —
Heard of him but cannot really comment on his ability. he should improve by not playing under Westley any more!

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....58949.aspx

#2:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:16 pm
    —
Never heard of him. Looks like a journey man not very inspiring signing but at least it's another body on board .

#3:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:19 pm
    —
Welcome aboard Jimmy, if JG knows him then I think we have to accept his judgement, did make me smile that JG thought he would improve the squad, with it's current size he can't really do much else

Very Happy

#4:  Author: Ross PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:25 pm
    —
Stevenage fans really don't seem happy he's left.

The good thing about it is that we have paid a fee. No matter how much it show's we are willing to spend on players JG wants.

#5:  Author: ant PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:28 pm
    —
Quote:

Hes an aggressive, energetic midfielder player and I like his attitude. Hes a warrior and he galvanizes the players around him

Sounds like Dannie Bulman - which is a worry as I'd rather have him signed up.

Relegated with Stevenage implies he was part of a poor squad. He may have been the shining star but they still got relegated and he clearly didn't galvanize those around him there.

Uninspired is my first thought TBH

#6:  Author: yelsis PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:33 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
Never heard of him. Looks like a journey man not very inspiring signing but at least it's another body on board .

I thought he played very well against us in March. He showed flare and was most industrious

#7:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:36 pm
    —
Looks like a replacement for Mike Jones really more than Bully. I think bully will sign simply because he won't have a lot of offers due to age.

Smith seems to play plenty of games which suggests he is durable but we will have to wait and see. It's going to be one hell of a task forming a team from all the new players ....we are starting from scratch I just hope we don't have a crap start the season or recriminations will start no doubt.

#8:  Author: Alex BH PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:40 pm
    —
He was a regular for orient over 4 seasons so he has plenty of experience at this level. Didn't seem to work out at Stevenage.

Time will tell how he does, but at least we've started early and got our first signing out of the way.

#9:  Author: mickfLocation: Southgate PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:45 pm
    —
ant wrote:
Quote:

Hes an aggressive, energetic midfielder player and I like his attitude. Hes a warrior and he galvanizes the players around him

Sounds like Dannie Bulman - which is a worry as I'd rather have him signed up.

Relegated with Stevenage implies he was part of a poor squad. He may have been the shining star but they still got relegated and he clearly didn't galvanize those around him there.

Uninspired is my first thought TBH

Cannot expect one man to carry a team!
Sounds a good signing to me, I assume on realistic wages and I hope he is another (younger) Danny Bulman, nothing at all wrong with that. Especially if the real one signs as well.

#10:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:45 pm
    —
Interviews on YouTube...

Jimmy Smith - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJNYc29rJOw
John Gregory - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzesZbin_so

#11:  Author: mickfLocation: Southgate PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:48 pm
    —
Alex BH wrote:
He was a regular for orient over 4 seasons so he has plenty of experience at this level. Didn't seem to work out at Stevenage.

Time will tell how he does, but at least we've started early and got our first signing out of the way.

Didnt work out that badly on a personal level for him at Stevenage didnt he play pretty much every game, and as I said elsehwere he cannot work miracles alone. And a good sign that the Stevenage fans seem upset he has gone?

#12:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:52 pm
    —
Now we've signed someone AND paid a fee maybe some of those doubters who were holding back from buying a season ticket should now get on with it. Wink

#13:  Author: John The GasLocation: Sunny Horsham PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:57 pm
    —
Now we shall have to change his mentality from blatant time wasting and kicking anything that moves !!!!

JTG

#14:  Author: mustaphashot PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:04 pm
    —
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No need- he is not playing for Westley anymore.

#15:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:14 pm
    —
I'm glad JG thinks this new lad will improve the squad.A bit of a worry if he didn't think so!!
In all seriousness,welcome to the club.
I'm quite excited about this seasons new recruits as I'm actually going to see them play. Very Happy
Come on you rip roaring Reds.

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 3