Bristol City matchday thread
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: Bristol City matchday thread Author: Site Admin PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:07 pm
    —
Please keep any discussion of today's game against Bristol City to this thread. Any others may be merged with this one, locked or deleted.

Those unable to get to the game will be able to keep up to date with the action with commentary on Reds Player and on BBC Surrey on 104/104.6FM.

The official site is providing a matchday blog here and text updates via their Twitter account here.

There may also text commentary available from the BBC and Sporting Life courtesy of the Press Association.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27169126
http://www.sportinglife.com/fo.....istol-city

#2:  Author: Crawley BenLocation: Broadfield PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:06 pm
    —
Today's line up v Bristol City...

P. Jones, Simpson, M. Connolly, McFadzean,Sadler, Drury, Bulman, M. Jones,
Edwards, Proctor, Tubbs,

Subs: Maddison (GK), Fallon, Essam, Monakana, Dicker, Isaacs, Richefond

Last edited by Crawley Ben on Sat May 03, 2014 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:43 pm
    —
No Joe Walsh. Mike Jones starts.

#4:  Author: Crawley BenLocation: Broadfield PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:55 pm
    —
Peter wrote:
No Joe Walsh. Mike Jones starts.

Surprised Essam doesn't start then instead of moving Josh to RB...

Ben

#5:  Author: Crawley BenLocation: Broadfield PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:26 pm
    —
1-0 Jamie Proctor

Ben

#6:  Author: sussexcheer PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:29 pm
    —
1-1 Simon Gillett scored for Bristol Sad

#7:  Author: Crawley BenLocation: Broadfield PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:21 pm
    —
sussexcheer wrote:
1-1 Simon Gillett scored for Bristol Sad

And that was the final score, a credible draw for both sides I thought.

Ben

#8:  Author: guildford roader PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:41 pm
    —
Summed up the season, that game. Defence held firm, midfield worked hard with decent creativity and forward line was...well...a one goal forward line. In fairness though, Proctor was a handful and put Tubbs and Barnett in the shade. Barnett did get more in to the match 2nd half but if that was Tubbs interview for next season, it's wasn't very successful at all. If we could have Gwion and Monakana on the wings with a decent 6 footer next season, backed by our solid defence.....bring on August soonest.

#9:  Author: David RLocation: Jeju Island, South Korea PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:01 pm
    —
I thought that was one of our best performances of the season, we could have scored 3 or 4, Procter was good, Fadz was good, everyone tried hard in a game that meant nothing really, thier goal was an anomily, everyone just stopped and watched the chap.
I will be renewing my season ticket, but will be moving from the West Stand to the BWS, i just cannot stand the moaning.

#10:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:32 pm
    —
Thought it summed up our season well.

1. A few years ago we would never have believed we would be playing a team like Bristol City.

2. We were definitely the better side even though their pockets are much deeper than ours.

3. We were sound at the back but have away a silly goal as the defence just let the guy run at us.

4. We had chance after chance but wasted them and didn't work the keeper enough.

Could have said all that after about 20 games this season.

All in all 14th place is respectable, however as JG said on the pitch afterwards with a few more goals we could have been challenging at the other end.

Plus going out of the Johnstones Paint/League Cup to teams in the bottom half of L2 and the FA Cup at home to a team relegated to the Conference made it doubly frustrating.

An interesting season, thanks lads for the effort, roll on next season.

#11:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:17 pm
    —
Some post-match reaction.

JG interview with BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2128494
Josh Simpson interview with BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2128494
JG interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n477zLqFWQ

#12:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:57 pm
    —
David R wrote:
I thought that was one of our best performances of the season, we could have scored 3 or 4, Procter was good, Fadz was good, everyone tried hard in a game that meant nothing really, thier goal was an anomily, everyone just stopped and watched the chap.
I will be renewing my season ticket, but will be moving from the West Stand to the BWS, i just cannot stand the moaning.

laughing4 can't stand the moaning? You don't know what you've let yourself in for in the BW Library, sorry, Stand.
And their goal wasn't an anomaly. We often stand back and watch oppo players have a free run at us - and score.

#13:  Author: Astral Voyager PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:23 am
    —
Their fans were happy yesterday

In fact they were having a gas. Confused

#14:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:52 am
    —
I thought we were the better side over all but not by a lot. No quibble with a draw. Thought it was a game of four quarters rather than two halves. They started and finished fairly strong but 20 minutes before and after half time, we made most of the running. I thought Tubbs should have squared to Jones rather than trying a curler but that's easy to say when it misses.
I thought that was a very decent, entertaining game of football considering there wasn't really much to play for.
Biggest cheer from the away end was when their local rivals got stuffed. I don't get that as it lessens the chances of a local derby in the future.

#15:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:34 pm
    —
Paulc222 wrote:
Biggest cheer from the away end was when their local rivals got stuffed. I don't get that as it lessens the chances of a local derby in the future.

If you don't get it, you never will.

Thought we were well on top when they scored and definitely thought we would soon score a second. Shame we didn't nick the top half - at least we (probably) won't go out of the League Cup to a bottom half League two side next season Simon Wink

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1