Pre-season friendlies
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#61:  Author: synavmLocation: United Kingdom PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:26 pm
    —
If/When Chelsea fixture is announced, it's worth noting that they are taking a combination of first team players and reserves players to Wycombe and AFC Wimbledon so there's no reason they wouldn't do the same at Crawley. I'd also mention, they have some incredible players on loan, in the reserves and in the fringes so it'd be a very interesting pre-season game unlike the games against their 'XI' in recent seasons.

#62:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:25 am
    —
synavm wrote:
If/When Chelsea fixture is announced, it's worth noting that they are taking a combination of first team players and reserves players to Wycombe and AFC Wimbledon so there's no reason they wouldn't do the same at Crawley. I'd also mention, they have some incredible players on loan, in the reserves and in the fringes so it'd be a very interesting pre-season game unlike the games against their 'XI' in recent seasons.
oh well thanks but stung once too often on these PSF kickabouts an di think im not alone on that seen too many of these Chelski friendlies

#63:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:25 am
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
synavm wrote:
oh well thanks but stung once too often on these PSF kickabouts an di think im not alone on that seen too many of these Chelski friendlies

I'm with RRR on this one.

Nurse, NURSE!!!

#64:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:43 pm
    —
notso wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
synavm wrote:

I'm with RRR on this one.

Nurse, NURSE!!!

Remember when Evans had a big headline in the local paper back page, saying Drogba was going to be playing in the friendly against us Wink

#65:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:40 pm
    —
No mention of any first teamers.

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....88124.aspx

#66:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:56 pm
    —
There was only an issue,as far as I'm concerned,when this type of fixture was on sale at full paying price.
It's not,and the choice is yours.

#67:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:33 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
No mention of any first teamers.

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....88124.aspx

But talk about Academy and youth teamers.

No thanks. I'll save my money for Redz bar.

#68:  Author: 2oo2Red PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:49 pm
    —
The Chelsea friendly is frankly embarrassing. Professional league one players taking on Chelsea kids. Will pass on this one.

#69:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:54 pm
    —
So the complete list so far reads...(Home games in CAPITALS):

Friday 11th July - Billingshurst
Saturday 19th July - FULHAM
Wednesday 23rd July - BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
Saturday 26th July - Eastleigh
Monday 28th July - Three Bridges
Wednesday 30th July - Woking
Saturday 2nd August - CHELSEA XI

#70:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:56 pm
    —
I think the Eastleigh friendly could be a useful match.
A very ambitious club,and I believe they have spent a bit getting their ground up to Conference standards as they begin their first season in non leagues top flight.
I went there back in the late 80's,watching us in the FA Cup,and the ground was on a par with Oakwood(but a better club house)!!!!

#71:  Author: Captain Caveman PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:04 pm
    —
2oo2Red wrote:
The Chelsea friendly is frankly embarrassing. Professional league one players taking on Chelsea kids. Will pass on this one.

Couldn't agree more. A Chelsea "XI" fixture is ok for non league clubs. We're league one. Pathetic.

#72:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:13 pm
    —
2oo2Red wrote:
indeed highly embarrassing

#73:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:13 pm
    —
Peter wrote:
So the complete list so far reads...(Home games in CAPITALS):

Friday 11th July - Billingshurst
Saturday 19th July - FULHAM
Wednesday 23rd July - BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
Saturday 26th July - Eastleigh
Monday 28th July - Three Bridges
Wednesday 30th July - Woking
Saturday 2nd August - CHELSEA XI
surely we will add to this as there isn't a SINGLE game to really test us Shocked

#74:  Author: Phil BLocation: Ifield, Crawley PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:20 pm
    —
2oo2Red wrote:

Well, the Chelsea Youth side did win the FA Youth Cup this season and have a few million pound players in it.

I don't go to friendlies anyway but you have to get rid of the rust against someone .....

#75:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:32 pm
    —
Can someone provide a link to the Chelsea announcement regarding team selection for this friendly, as some think they seem to know the makeup of the Chelsea team there must surely be a link ?

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:
Page 5 of 8