Big away following on Saturday.
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#31:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:19 am
    —
boleynboy wrote:
Town_Two wrote:
boleynboy wrote:
Town_Two wrote:
There's a few Ipswich supporters tagging along who don't fancy the trip up to Bolton


Why?


The question is really : Why split support for 2 clubs anywhere?

As for Saturday- Big Essex fan base for ITFC is probably the reason

And -Is this not a CTFC policy: "Make Crawley Town your second club"

Cant help but notice, your username is slightly suspect with the 'Boleynboy' handle: Is there a smattering of West Ham in there somewhere??


Do not have to be Sherlock Holmes to work that one out, but I will you a quick explanation.
Born in Crawley to London parents(as were many others in the 70's),
West Ham were my league club and Crawley my non-league team(again like many others in the town).
Have followed both teams through thick and thin(my first Town game was an FA cup tie at Town Mead against Barnet who had Glen Hoddle's brother playing for them if i remember correctly)?
When Crawley were promoted to the conference at Welling(it was my flag the directors were holding when we invaded the pitch at the end) i through in my lot with Crawley and became a STH and have been ever since.
I know there are many regulars with very similiar stories to mine, and im surprised with the way ticket prices are going in the prem that we are not getting more, maybe we are?
Still not quite sure why you raised the subject in the first place?
As for your comment on Essex having a large Ipswich fan base, im not so sure, and even if it has why would they be bothered about coming to watch Chelmsford play us, especially as it seems the tickets have been sold without to much trouble to the Chelmsford fans, or is it Tractor Boys in disguise who have snapped them all up?


And there was I wondering if you had misspelt Bolney or if you carried your head around under your arm Smile

#32:  Author: mickfLocation: Southgate PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:43 am
    —
I hope the pitch was covered last night? Otherwise that big away following might not be travelling tomorrow, because I think it is also going to be a heavy frost again tonight?
Just been to ground, had a look North end and no covers on pitch, which seems very risky to me as it was around -3 or 4 last night. TV gantry going up over the KRL stand as well.

#33:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:26 pm
    —
i echo that last thing we want is game postponed, really risky without the covers as areas where the sun cant reach because of the stands will be the problem - surely as a professional club we will be covering thepitch this evening ahead of the match? If we dont i doubt the travellers will come in as many numbers midweek so not covering the pitch will be a false economy anyway!

#34:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:10 pm
    —
Why do you think they would not cover the pitch?

#35:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:32 pm
    —
mickf wrote:
I hope the pitch was covered last night? Otherwise that big away following might not be travelling tomorrow, because I think it is also going to be a heavy frost again tonight?
Just been to ground, had a look North end and no covers on pitch, which seems very risky to me as it was around -3 or 4 last night. TV gantry going up over the KRL stand as well.


Discussed elsewhere. It was a light frost last night and it's forecast to go as low as -1 at 4am tomorrow morning, before warming up again.

No problem at all. Don't panic Mr Mainwaring Laughing

#36:  Author: mickfLocation: Southgate PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:09 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
mickf wrote:
I hope the pitch was covered last night? Otherwise that big away following might not be travelling tomorrow, because I think it is also going to be a heavy frost again tonight?
Just been to ground, had a look North end and no covers on pitch, which seems very risky to me as it was around -3 or 4 last night. TV gantry going up over the KRL stand as well.


Discussed elsewhere. It was a light frost last night and it's forecast to go as low as -1 at 4am tomorrow morning, before warming up again.

No problem at all. Don't panic Mr Mainwaring Laughing

Well it was -4 and a heavy frost in Southgate last night and the frost still hasnt cleared from the shady areas (not sure how that area by the BW stand will be affected). Do you have central heating in your garden? Confused
Why take the risk on it being off if you have the covers available?

#37:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:37 pm
    —
mickf wrote:
Ian wrote:
mickf wrote:
I hope the pitch was covered last night? Otherwise that big away following might not be travelling tomorrow, because I think it is also going to be a heavy frost again tonight?
Just been to ground, had a look North end and no covers on pitch, which seems very risky to me as it was around -3 or 4 last night. TV gantry going up over the KRL stand as well.


Discussed elsewhere. It was a light frost last night and it's forecast to go as low as -1 at 4am tomorrow morning, before warming up again.

No problem at all. Don't panic Mr Mainwaring Laughing

Well it was -4 and a heavy frost in Southgate last night and the frost still hasnt cleared from the shady areas (not sure how that area by the BW stand will be affected). Do you have central heating in your garden? Confused
Why take the risk on it being off if you have the covers available?


It was only a surface frost, the ground is still soft underneath.

Will you be in redz tomorrow Mick? I need to catch up with you about something.

Ian

#38:  Author: mickfLocation: Southgate PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:45 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
mickf wrote:
Ian wrote:
mickf wrote:
I hope the pitch was covered last night? Otherwise that big away following might not be travelling tomorrow, because I think it is also going to be a heavy frost again tonight?
Just been to ground, had a look North end and no covers on pitch, which seems very risky to me as it was around -3 or 4 last night. TV gantry going up over the KRL stand as well.


Discussed elsewhere. It was a light frost last night and it's forecast to go as low as -1 at 4am tomorrow morning, before warming up again.

No problem at all. Don't panic Mr Mainwaring Laughing

Well it was -4 and a heavy frost in Southgate last night and the frost still hasnt cleared from the shady areas (not sure how that area by the BW stand will be affected). Do you have central heating in your garden? Confused
Why take the risk on it being off if you have the covers available?


It was only a surface frost, the ground is still soft underneath.

Will you be in redz tomorrow Mick? I need to catch up with you about something.

Ian

Thank you Michael Fish, yes I will be in there if it is on! Very Happy

#39:  Author: Danny Boy Crawley PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:43 pm
    —
anyone know how many home tickets have been sold for today's game?



CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football


output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group