CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Mansfield Town matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allanp
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it only took 45 1/2 league matches this season before the team rolled up their sleeves and competed. What a difference.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
Simon wrote:

MH brought himself on with about 1 minute of injury time left for the shortest of cameos, suggesting he knows it was probably his last appearance in a Reds shirt. If so it was a very positive end.

I read it the same way too. But thinking about it and the way he spoke post match and the statement from the owner about having someone on board who knows the club just had me thnking...

The last time we went down the "boot room" route it was with FV. That didn't turn out bad did it.

I'd personally favour Dannie Bulman as the new manager working alongside someone like Craig Brewster as coach...but replacing Matt for Dannie wouldn't be the worse move ever would it.

He knows the club, is popular with fans, whipped some passion up and probably realises at 32 and after three or four seasons of injury woes he's not got that much more football in him

I understand it is mandatory to have a UEFA A License for a manager or coach job. I'm told Dannie doesn't have it and I'd be surprised if Matt does either. So they would both be non runners.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's entertainment.

Today is why we love football and our club, they played brilliantly in the second half, should have won 4-2 .

Good end to the season and well done To today's manager Ginger Mourinho, a great job done sir salut
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allanp wrote:
Well it only took 45 1/2 league matches this season before the team rolled up their sleeves and competed. What a difference.

Wow that's a bit harsh. And completely incorrect. Donny, Plymouth & Carlisle all great performances for a start.
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good to come on here to read a positive matchday thread for the first time in months.

Getting rid of DD before today's last game has proven to be a bit of a masterstroke from ZE as fans will go away this summer remembering today's fight and spirit rather than - a likely - final day defeat under DD.

It'll be a massive shame if today was Harrold's farewell - despite his injuries, when he has been fit, he's never let us down for effort, whether that be as a striker, goalkeeper or manager! IIRC he signed a one-year deal with an option of a second in the summer, and, at 32, it may well be a shrewd move by the club/new manager to activate that and perhaps combine with coaching duties? Player/coach? Would be a shame to lose someone who's popular around the place and who the fans have a connection with.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
Really good to come on here to read a positive matchday thread for the first time in months.

Getting rid of DD before today's last game has proven to be a bit of a masterstroke from ZE as fans will go away this summer remembering today's fight and spirit rather than - a likely - final day defeat under DD.

It'll be a massive shame if today was Harrold's farewell - despite his injuries, when he has been fit, he's never let us down for effort, whether that be as a striker, goalkeeper or manager! IIRC he signed a one-year deal with an option of a second in the summer, and, at 32, it may well be a shrewd move by the club/new manager to activate that and perhaps combine with coaching duties? Player/coach? Would be a shame to lose someone who's popular around the place and who the fans have a connection with.
shame yes...long live the king....but any experience coaching badges...weve had enough stabs in the dark...no room.for sentiments in football if you wanna progress
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:

Such a shame we left it until the last 45 mins of the season to put on a show.

This, for me, in a nutshell. Today, for me, what us football supporters want. Commitments, thrills and spills. Our boys showing some passion. Loved our vertically challenged midfield today - Kaby and Cox. Marvellous! I was convinced King Harrold was going to come on and give it the ultimate coup de gras. I think I love Crawley Town again.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damo wrote:
This, for me, in a nutshell. Today, for me, what us football supporters want. Commitments, thrills and spills. Our boys showing some passion..

Well I never got you the win but all of the other boxes were ticked and suddenly our players are gods again and everything is champagne & caviar.

Although the question remains, why they waited until two down in the last match of the season...? Of course the answer is simple, the players were prevented from expressing themselves by incompetent management.

Seriously, does anyone really believe that throughout the season the manager told the boys.. "whatever you do guys, don't show any passion & commitment" Shocked And in any case, should he really need to, isn't that meant to an essential part of the character of any professional footballer.
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refreshing. So good to feel and hear a feel good factor back at the Broadfield, even if it was only a draw. Excellent to have thrown off the yoke of the Drummy era and to play with some vitality and passion (at least for 45 minutes). Of course players need motivating, and clearly there was some desire shown in the second half to end the season on some sort of optimistic note. In the end we could have won the game and it would not have been unfair to Mansfield.

Emotional feelings towards Harrold, and the bring back Dannie Bulman camp are understood, but are unlikely to materialise. I think the best chance is for Harrold to remain in some sort of player/coach role, but that would be down to the incoming manager. Would be nice to still have him around in some capacity.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
That's entertainment.

Today is why we love football and our club, they played brilliantly in the second half, should have won 4-2 .

Good end to the season and well done To today's manager Ginger Mourinho, a great job done sir salut

Don't insult Matty Harrold by comparing him to that *beep* Wink
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reigatered wrote:
Emotional feelings towards Harrold, and the bring back Dannie Bulman camp are understood, but are unlikely to materialise. I think the best chance is for Harrold to remain in some sort of player/coach role, but that would be down to the incoming manager.

Unless he has UEFA A License, it's probably a non runner.

https://www.thepfa.com/coaching/courses/qualifications
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Although the question remains, why they waited until two down in the last match of the season...? Of course the answer is simple, the players were prevented from expressing themselves by incompetent management.

The major difference yesterday was playing Roberts wide left and allowing Cox to play in the middle - where I daresay he is better and influenced the game more. Or to put it another way to express himself.

Smiffy was more anonymous, but that was because he was in a deeper role covering the defence, Kaby had freedom in the middle.

Only worry was when Connolly went off and Yorwerth came on - I was waiting for the fatal error that conceded the goal, but the couple of errors he did make were not that bad.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, both sides were going for it and with a bit more luck Collins would have had a goal. I thought he deserved one.

Blackman was superb going forward although still manages to get the wrong side of strikers as couple of times.

Good to see Evans shake our players hands at the end - or was he offering them contracts...........
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
reigatered wrote:
Emotional feelings towards Harrold, and the bring back Dannie Bulman camp are understood, but are unlikely to materialise. I think the best chance is for Harrold to remain in some sort of player/coach role, but that would be down to the incoming manager.

I believe you can ask the FA for dispensation and combined with other coaches on the playing staff it is usually granted.

We also have no knowledge of what stage Dannie and/or Matt may or maybe at...or their desire
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
reigatered wrote:

Which is all well and good, but didn't Barker have a list of qualifications as long as your arm? Might have made him a decent coach, but didn't necessarily make him a good team manager. It's the same in most professions. Having the badge or the certificate doesn't make you a great man manager or communicator. I think the authorities are being a bit over precious about this whole thing.
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
Simon wrote:
reigatered wrote:

I believe you can ask the FA for dispensation and combined with other coaches on the playing staff it is usually granted.

We also have no knowledge of what stage Dannie and/or Matt may or maybe at...or their desire

It might be, for someone with a bit of experience and/or doing their badges. I'm not convinced that being popular with fans would get very far.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: