CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Football Welcomes (Refugees)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
Oh Dear-AMNASTY rears its ugly head, not only in football, but on our beloved CTFC Fans Forum in the talk football section. AMNASTY would have let the Germans walk in during World War 2! There is no place for politics in football, let alone this forum and it upsets me that this thread exists. So here I go: There is certainly a refugee crisis in the UK-there are too many of them here. Can the waiting lists at Crawley and other hospitals cope with any more people. We have more human rights to school places, NHS treatment, care for the elderly than any newly arrived refugee. There is not enough to go round. There are plenty of countries nearer the refugees home countries, so ask yourselves why they try so hard to get to the United Kingdom of Benefits Handouts. Here is a message-We don't want you, no more please!

Now- I am upset that politics has been put on here, These are my views. I don't care if this has to be my last posting on here. Any flak from the liberal, Guardian reading let-em-all in, lefties will just be water off a duck's back. So there!

Well said.

Helping refugees go to football. What about the poor working class kids who have been priced out of the modern game?? We should be getting them into the grounds. But there is no political or social gain from helping the ordinary white working class......The Labour Party are living proof of that.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
Oh *beep* is there any area of society that 'social justice' doesn't interfere with; Politics, the media, education, the workplace and now sport.

If anybody thinks these economic migrants will turn into long term supporters they are deluded, we've tried attracting people in the area, people that have lived here all there lives, and they don't care about Crawley, what makes you think this would be any different?

thumbleft
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
The OP wasn't about economic migrants - it was about refugees.

They ceased to be refugees when they landed in the first safe place Paul. And that isn't here.

Paulc222 wrote:
It might also be a good thing if those on whatever unemployment benefit is called these days could have a similar concession.

Or it might not. They already get enough encouragement to stay in bed till midday without another perk for being lazy.

Last edited by Ian on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Is this all getting a bit petty? Tom, he had a song about refugees.....cant remember what though

"It don't really matter to me, everybody has to fight to be free"
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To those who support my views- thank you. To everyone else, "Am I bovvered!" And to anyone who says I am prejudiced-some of my best friends are West Ham and Brighton supporters.
Just one more question-why should non supporters get a ticket for free, when loyal supporters of long standing have to pay. The club has given away free tickets in the past and the gates have not improved in the long term. Free tickets devalue the product. Of course it could be argued that the product available could not be devalued much further.
Lets hope the club is not Petty next season as it could lead to free falling.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
To those who support my views- thank you. To everyone else, "Am I bovvered!" And to anyone who says I am prejudiced-some of my best friends are West Ham and Brighton supporters.
Just one more question-why should non supporters get a ticket for free, when loyal supporters of long standing have to pay. The club has given away free tickets in the past and the gates have not improved in the long term. Free tickets devalue the product. Of course it could be argued that the product available could not be devalued much further.
Lets hope the club is not Petty next season as it could lead to free falling.
pun there or just councidence didnt Tom.have another hit "free falling"?
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR&R-no coincidence-I am highly edumacated in music of the popular kind of the 1950s-1980s.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustapha, my dear boy, I didn't call you anything... I simply pointed out what I felt was an inconsistency in the values expressed in your stance.

Their was a Kurdish refugee lad assaulted in Croydon, yet it is the Kurdish troops who represent us best in the conflict, they are fighting our enemies and yet being attacked by our allies.

Of course I can understand resentment to refugees... but they have not come here with an army to take over our society and force their will on our people... which in too many instances is precisely what we did to them..!

mustaphashot wrote:
RR&R-no coincidence-I am highly edumacated in music of the popular kind of the 1950s-1980s.

Forgive the lad Mustapha, he's still learning to fly.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thad, my comment was not directed at you particularly. However, without wishing to get into more trouble, a certain section of refugees may well have arrived in numbers, not necessarily as an army, and wish to take over our society and force their will on our people. But that discussion is not for this forum. My views may be considered petty, but I wont back down or be fooled again.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see some marketing logic in trying to lure refugees into a football club's fold as they will presumably be looking to put down roots and have little established allegiance to a club already. In many ways they are an ideal target demographic

However, beyond this, I see no reason why refugees should be 'rewarded' with free tickets simply and purely because they are of this group; it makes no sense to me whatsoever[/i]
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
Thad, my comment was not directed at you particularly..

It's not personal, it is great that you can freely express your views.

You see it as an internal domestic issue of finite resources, I see it as a global problem that we have a responsibility towards addressing.

Just a difference of opinion, that we can deal with in a respectful manner.
thedarkhorse
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hickmott Senior wrote:
I can see some marketing logic in trying to lure refugees into a football club's fold as they will presumably be looking to put down roots and have little established allegiance to a club already. In many ways they are an ideal target demographic

However, beyond this, I see no reason why refugees should be 'rewarded' with free tickets simply and purely because they are of this group; it makes no sense to me whatsoever[/i]

It's not about rewarding - it's a way of integrating communities, breaking down barriers and putting a human face on it

I don't think this project and giving free tickets to other groups are mutually exclusive.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a tale of how certain refugees ended up in Crawley

The article - from the liberal, let-em-all in, leftie Telegraph - begins with these words...
Quote:
Crawley, an unassuming town in the West Sussex commuter belt, holds a dark secret. Hidden within its streets is a story of tragedy and deceit that has left thousands of refugees living in misery for 40 years, exiled from their homeland by a conniving and unrepentant government.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Here is a tale of how certain refugees ended up in Crawley

The article - from the liberal, let-em-all in, leftie Telegraph - begins with these words...
Quote:
Crawley, an unassuming town in the West Sussex commuter belt, holds a dark secret. Hidden within its streets is a story of tragedy and deceit that has left thousands of refugees living in misery for 40 years, exiled from their homeland by a conniving and unrepentant government.

Yes, but do they come to home games, Thad?

Wink
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
The OP wasn't about economic migrants - it was about refugees.

They ceased to be refugees when they landed in the first safe place Paul. And that isn't here.
Too right Ian, people from Africa and the middle east that come here are NOT refugee's they are economic migrants, we are an island in northern Europe, there are many countries in between us and that region. Genuine refugees should go to the first safe country.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: