CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Football Welcomes (Refugees)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP stated he was an AMNASTY member. That makes it a political issue. I don't think the refugees should be here in the first place, let alone given preferential treatment above the paying fans. Why don't we just give them Executive Membership. In that way they will get the free meals, free programmes, seats in the director's box for which the Crawley faithful have to pay 1300!
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
The OP stated he was an AMNASTY member. That makes it a political issue. I don't think the refugees should be here in the first place, let alone given preferential treatment above the paying fans. Why don't we just give them Executive Membership. In that way they will get the free meals, free programmes, seats in the director's box for which the Crawley faithful have to pay 1300!

I think you'll find it's AMNESTY.

OP this is a nice initiative but sadly you will always have some individuals (majority of which barely even understand the definition of a refugee as demonstrated in this thread) kicking off about it.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
The OP stated he was an AMNASTY member.

He didn't have to. That information was voluntarily given.

mustaphashot wrote:
That makes it a political issue.

Does it? I thought Amnesty International was a non-political organisation staffed by (generally) non-paid volunteers?

mustaphashot wrote:
I don't think the refugees should be here in the first place, let alone given preferential treatment above the paying fans.

You seem to be making this a political issue.......

mustaphashot wrote:
Why don't we just give them Executive Membership. In that way they will get the free meals, free programmes, seats in the director's box for which the Crawley faithful have to pay 1300!

What was your view of "Pay what you want" day, where anyone could have got in for 1........?
thedarkhorse
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
Oh Dear-AMNASTY rears its ugly head, not only in football, but on our beloved CTFC Fans Forum in the talk football section. AMNASTY would have let the Germans walk in during World War 2! There is no place for politics in football, let alone this forum and it upsets me that this thread exists. So here I go: There is certainly a refugee crisis in the UK-there are too many of them here. Can the waiting lists at Crawley and other hospitals cope with any more people. We have more human rights to school places, NHS treatment, care for the elderly than any newly arrived refugee. There is not enough to go round. There are plenty of countries nearer the refugees home countries, so ask yourselves why they try so hard to get to the United Kingdom of Benefits Handouts. Here is a message-We don't want you, no more please!

Now- I am upset that politics has been put on here, These are my views. I don't care if this has to be my last posting on here. Any flak from the liberal, Guardian reading let-em-all in, lefties will just be water off a duck's back. So there!

How many refugees/asylum seekers do you think are in the UK? Most do go to neighbouring countries, 2.2m arrivals in Lebanon on a population of 6.1 million)

Asylum seekers do not have the same recourse to public funds as UK citizens, so don't get benefits. They get between 36.00 and 40 a week from the government, and housing, and the NHS healthcare)

Anyway - I agree that this threads and forum should avoid politics. It's really about what football clubs can do for asylum seekers and refugees already in the UK
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're required to take refugees by international law. And right so.

Some people are just morons.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:

Well, I was trying to be a bit more polite than that - but I get your point.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue as I see it Mustapha, is that you can only adopt your "nothing to do with me" approach, if as a nation you do not get involved in adventures to alter the political destiny of other nations... we are at the very least responsible for consequences of our own actions.

mustaphashot wrote:
AMNASTY would have let the Germans walk in during World War 2! !

Wasn't the real issue that organisations who highlighted political oppression, human rights violations, torture, genocide etc... did not exist or be active enough during the rise of Hitler...? and they would also have equally highlighted the vile acts of Stalin at the same time.

Because abuses are committed on all sides of the spectrum, first thing both dictators did in power was get rid of the very liberal intellectual types that you pillory... why's that..?

dontknow
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Real Madrid/Barcelona game was screened to a large group of refugees in Greece last night (Thessaloniki I believe). I'm sure I saw a clip during the broadcast on SS1 last night during the half time break.

Personally can't see the harm in allowing refugess free entry to the game.

Thanks

Ben
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:

Well, I was trying to be a bit more polite than that - but I get your point.

Nah, people that just spout populist, racist bilge are morons.

Furthermore, 'Amnasty' is a fabulous organisation. Some people in this country take their own human rights for granted and need to stop and have a look around to see how lucky they are.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
The issue as I see it Mustapha, is that you can only adopt your "nothing to do with me" approach, if as a nation you do not get involved in adventures to alter the political destiny of other nations... we are at the very least responsible for consequences of our own actions.

THAT, sir, is paragraph perfection.

Since the Crusades to selling arms to the Saudis we've dipped our wick where it's not wanted.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets flip it on its head... would this initiative be more, less or equally acceptable if the Daily Mail had sponsored it..?

scratch
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want my 1 year old son to grow up in a tolerant society, one which helps its fellow man through good and bad.

I am not politically minded but sometimes you just have to take a step back and see it for what it is, and what it is is letting a few people watch 90 minutes of football nothing more nothing less.

I would like to think if i was ever in a tight spot again someone like they did before would help me out.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has followed an established forum tradition that we just love to focus on the messenger rather than the message... hey-ho, free speech... sometimes we take it for granted.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedarkhorse wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:
Oh Dear-AMNASTY rears its ugly head, not only in football, but on our beloved CTFC Fans Forum in the talk football section. AMNASTY would have let the Germans walk in during World War 2! There is no place for politics in football, let alone this forum and it upsets me that this thread exists. So here I go: There is certainly a refugee crisis in the UK-there are too many of them here. Can the waiting lists at Crawley and other hospitals cope with any more people. We have more human rights to school places, NHS treatment, care for the elderly than any newly arrived refugee. There is not enough to go round. There are plenty of countries nearer the refugees home countries, so ask yourselves why they try so hard to get to the United Kingdom of Benefits Handouts. Here is a message-We don't want you, no more please!

Now- I am upset that politics has been put on here, These are my views. I don't care if this has to be my last posting on here. Any flak from the liberal, Guardian reading let-em-all in, lefties will just be water off a duck's back. So there!

How many refugees/asylum seekers do you think are in the UK? Most do go to neighbouring countries, 2.2m arrivals in Lebanon on a population of 6.1 million)

Asylum seekers do not have the same recourse to public funds as UK citizens, so don't get benefits. They get between 36.00 and 40 a week from the government, and housing, and the NHS healthcare)

Anyway - I agree that this threads and forum should avoid politics. It's really about what football clubs can do for asylum seekers and refugees already in the UK
politics is everywhere whether u like it or not it penetrates our beautiful game
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this all getting a bit petty? Tom, he had a song about refugees.....cant remember what though
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: