CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Safety is absolutely not assured
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lochislair wrote:
backofthenet wrote:
thad wrote:
Hickmott Senior wrote:
...or it will be Groundhog Season

Dunno Shocked Shocked

That would have been funnier at 6am tomorrow or 6 am on day after our first game next season. Wink

You expect Thad to be awake at 6 AM? Shocked

sleepy2 Dunno Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked sleepy2
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To put into context how unlikely we are to go down, the bookies have us at 100/1 for relegation. I suggest the doom-*beep* put their money where their mouth is - you could make yourseleves very rich!

It's just not going to happen realistically.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:

in the last 10 games only Orient have a worse league record than us

In the last 42 games, 5 teams have performed worse than us

Wink
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:

in the last 10 games only Orient have a worse league record than us

In the last 42 games, 5 teams have performed worse than us

Wink

There are still another four games to play and the stats WILL change😡

JTG
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the best we can hope for each season is that 'we probably won't go down', or that hopefully there will always be at least two teams even worse than us, its not really a great endorsement of what is happening at our club.

I am sure most are right in that we will survive this term, but what reasons for optimism are out there?

The team we have is now worse than it was in August, is playing with little enthusiasm, and the manager seems tactically and motivationally bankrupt or at best inept.

I suspect many will vote with their feet and take their hard earned cash elsewhere next season. Let's face it the product on offer has been dire, and worst of all it has deteriorated as the season has progressed.
Red Army
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reigatered wrote:
If the best we can hope for each season is that 'we probably won't go down', or that hopefully there will always be at least two teams even worse than us, its not really a great endorsement of what is happening at our club.

I am sure most are right in that we will survive this term, but what reasons for optimism are out there?

The team we have is now worse than it was in August, is playing with little enthusiasm, and the manager seems tactically and motivationally bankrupt or at best inept.

I suspect many will vote with their feet and take their hard earned cash elsewhere next season. Let's face it the product on offer has been dire, and worst of all it has deteriorated as the season has progressed.

It was always going to be tough when the money ran out and the 'dream years' ended after we came down for League 1. The challenge is to stabilise as a Football League club for a couple of seasons, put a halt on the decline then look to incramentally progress toward a point where we can look to be competitive in the top half of the league.

If you want glory and excitement every season I suggest you're in the wrong place watching one of the smallest clubs in the Football League, why don't you look at getting yourself on the Chelsea season ticket waiting list.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, with the 4th lowest attendances in the football league in not sure what else to hope for.

I can say for sure that in the DML days under the likes of Ted Shepherd, Cliff Cant and Billy Smith I would have been delighted to be where we are.

This year was always going to be about survival under the new owners (I seem to recall we were favourites to go down) and hopefully from next year we will start to rise again. This time it will be because of good club management (a bit like Burton) and not because we are losing 6000 a day throwing money around. Any average manager (obviously excluding JG) should be able to deliver results on that type of budget.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
I can say for sure that in the DML days under the likes of Ted Shepherd, Cliff Cant and Billy Smith I would have been delighted to be where we are.

Someone said to me at half-time on Friday that this was the worst team they had seen at the Broadfield Stadium. I just had to shake my head at them and laugh. Shocked
Red Army
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Simon wrote:

Someone said to me at half-time on Friday that this was the worst team they had seen at the Broadfield Stadium. I just had to shake my head at them and laugh. Shocked

I've heard people say the same thing most years I've been watching this club, the promotion seasons excluded. If there's one thing Crawley fans are prone to it's a good bit of hyperbole...
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Simon wrote:

They may well have been telling the truth. Were they here in the Cant management era (which I would term the worst side I've ever seen at the Broadfield)
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Simon wrote:

It's got to be put into context.The teams playing in the early years of the broadfield stadium were part time, so you'd expect a certain standard from them compared to the players stealing a living now.
I'd much rather be watching the team under Francis vines that won the DML league then this lot now.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
Peter wrote:
Simon wrote:

They may well have been telling the truth. Were they here in the Cant management era (which I would term the worst side I've ever seen at the Broadfield)

They've been coming since we moved to the stadium. Shocked
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both sides of the argument have a case... we were playing decent football and getting good results earlier in the season - probably punching above our weight - but we have gone off the boil in the last two months when most fans had a reasonable expectation that we would push on ... and recent performances deserve to be criticised.

If we had done it the other way around, started badly and then run into form and attained our current points total, we would all be very happy.

lee 66 wrote:
I'd much rather be watching the team under Francis vines that won the DML league then this lot now.

Loved that team, could turn it on with a bit of style but could also hunker down for an ugly hard fought win when the situation demanded.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had two players in every position that could do a job under Francis Vines.
We have two players full stop currently.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been in poor form since the start of January 3 wins in 16 games or 1 win in 9 at home.

That form has relegation written all over it. But for our purple patch at home in Sept Oct Nov we would be going into the conference for sure.

I would be amazed if the owner wasn't seriously reviewing the managers position , Erin has given DD more than a fair amount of games to demonstrate he can turn it around but he hasn't shown any evidence of it. We are getting worse.There is no way the club can have faith in DD judgement after the last three and a half months performances.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: