CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Cheltenham Town matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious question given our results post christmas. Should someone come in for Collins do you think that DD could keep us up next year?
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's match was total rubbish Shocked

There's nothing else to say except, I wish I went to Kew Gardens with Paul hippy2
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another poor game - no passion, no pride, no ideas and more importantly NO GUTS by a team of flops.

These Gutless wonders don't know how to fight and have been stealing a wage all season and ultimately this falls down to Drummy.

No doubt Drummy's post match interview will be the same as in previous weeks.

JTG
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Army wrote:
Peter wrote:
Just think if Lewis Young hadn't cleared that effort off the line we'd have lost today. Cool

He had a pretty good game today in fairness, quite a few important clearances.

Careful Red Army. Razz
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
Simon wrote:
Well we scraped a point at home against a bottom 4 side. That's the reality of it.

We had one effort on target all game, from Smith in the first half. That was it.

Otherwise two poor sides, a low crowd, poor ref and it just felt like too many players were going through the motions. Sadly it isn't hoi g to put more bums on seats which is what we need right now.

Makes you worried about how many bums there will be on seats in the Conference next season at this rate , Accrington, Carlisle, Cambridge and Mansfield all looking for a place in the play offs, Crawley just hoping someone else will do them a favour, it doesn't look very pretty

Luckily for DD the teams below us will run out of games before overtaking us.

I hope you're right, though I doubt you'd get many to risk putting this months mortgage payment on it
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ref was diabolical but both teamsvwere no better and in the end Reds were very lucky to get a point. Cheltenham were extremely unlucky had it not been for young the post and their dreadful finishing we would be nose diving to swop places with Newport. Thankfully its impossible for Crawley to go down this season. Only two drop out is massively help. After today the dummy has to go. The manequin is a total wet leaf. Clueless inept negative and incapable. *beep* sack him!!
thedarkhorse
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't more run forward for the last throw in? Why didn't Morris move quicker in added time? He saved well though, when required. We may go down due to lack of effort and that is inexcusable from professionals.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedarkhorse wrote:
Why didn't more run forward for the last throw in? Why didn't Morris move quicker in added time? He saved well though, when required. We may go down due to lack of effort and that is inexcusable from professionals.
the dummy didnt want them risking a point. Did i blink and miss a reds shot on target in second half?
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not going down, there's too much dross below us who won't win enough points, but it was so depressing to be playing such a poor team today, and yet never look like scoring and relying on them being terrible in front of goal to not lose.

A year into the job, what style has Drummy brought? We don't play any kind of football. We're too small and lightweight to play long balls, but we're not good or brave enough to play it on the floor for more than 3 passes. It looks like he just picks 11 players and tells them to go and do whatever they fancy.

Wouldn't surprise me if we lose several more season ticket holders next season. Other than loyalty and generally having nothing better to do, what is the incentive for going anymore? There's so little in the way of good football or entertainment that it's pretty much just showing up and hoping the opposition are somehow even worse every week.
colin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Broadfield Dave have to agree with your views we are going nowhere fast
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the first game I've managed to get to in a long while and for that alone I feel grateful.
Thought it was funny when Murphy went down as if he'd been shot through the head by a sniper in the first half when tackled with so much aggression that it wouldn't have knocked a toddler over.

Tactics spot on for playing against a team that looked like they also played basketball whilst we looked like we'd have difficulties beating an U15s side for height. Why wouldn't you gormlessly knock the ball up front to give their huge players an easy header?

As for the Ref, I can see why he is one of the favourites to move onto the championship select group, a nice fella who dropped down a couple of levels league wise to get back in the middle. Far too good to be reffing at Crawley. Not sure what the issues others had with him but when following a team that had 1 "shot" in 90 minutes it seems kind of weak to moan at any Ref.

Think the only thing worse than the football today was the coffee I got charged 1.50 for.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people that pay to watch this stuff are actually mad.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
I think people that pay to watch this stuff are actually mad.

I dunno if I am afflicted or addicted but the fans deserve credit for their tolerance... that performance was dire. Neither side had any quality but the opposition had a bit of drive and nearly got rewarded for it.

Only consolation is that a year ago we would have lost that game.

A suggestion, play Smith at RB and move Yorwerth into his box-2-box role to give us some energy... what is the worst that can happen..?

Barring a six-point deduction we should be okay but we just have to make it so painful for anyone watching, we give the ball away far too easily. I'm in two minds about Clifford, I'm not sure if he is a flash harry or a fancy dan..!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
That was the first game I've managed to get to in a long while and for that alone I feel grateful.
Thought it was funny when Murphy went down as if he'd been shot through the head by a sniper in the first half when tackled with so much aggression that it wouldn't have knocked a toddler over.

Bettered in the second half by Blackman who was fouled and ran towards the opponent aggressively. The ref stepped in so he dropped to the ground and rolled over a couple of times.

If his football was as good as his drama he would be some player.
PEETEE
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my 12 year old grandson to game for the first time and he was pleased to be given an Easter Egg which was very nice of the club. Then this morning he asked if the egg was because the football was so bad, not sure what to reply
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: