CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Drummy out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today showed the manequin cannot manage with any real capability at this level....so outta his depth. Sack him.
colin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well DD if this is the best you can get out of this lot then god help us I do not think you have a clue today was a total disgrace and every one should be holding there heads in shame!!
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously DD will not go before the end of the season but then what?
Do people think he can be trusted to assemble a decent squad for next season ?
Will his football style and tatics change ?
The signs were there from 5 games in this season and he has not overseen any of the for mentioned so hopefully we will get shot as soon as the season ends.
If not relegation next season is a cert as well as a dramtic further drop in attendances..
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz wrote:
Obviously DD will not go before the end of the season but then what?
Do people think he can be trusted to assemble a decent squad for next season ?
Will his football style and tatics change ?
The signs were there from 5 games in this season and he has not overseen any of the for mentioned so hopefully we will get shot as soon as the season ends.
If not relegation next season is a cert as well as a dramtic further drop in attendances..

Aah yes. Just like we were favourites to go down this year as well.

Yes I do think he can assemble a decent squad, however the real question of course is what budget he will have to do it. Next season we will lose games against Pompey and Plymouth (probably our two biggest earners). Maybe Luton too. Gaining Coventry and Chesterfield. That will tighten finances further.

When you are shopping in the pound stores then not everything will turn out well. However if we can hold on to our best 7/8 players and rotate the squad a bit then I would hope for a middle of the table outcome next season and perhaps a play off push in 2018-19.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reasonably hopeful for a top-half finish next season. DD has seen which players aren't doing it, but he can't start replacing them until the summer. He knows which players are likely to form the team's spine.
Talking of backbone, that's what we need. Pretty, pretty stuff is all very well, but sometimes you just need to be able to slug it out (not in the red card sense).
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I desperately want to hold my nerve and stick with the course that we have charted... 'I don't want to be a whinging lightweight who shouts for the Manager's head when things aren't as I want it to be..

..but god almighty they make it difficult for me to keep the faith... meet me halfway please chaps.. I just want to be able to strut away from a match as a proud supporter of our club.. that's all...!

Sad

I turned down Good-Friday mass to watch THAT... sorry Mum.
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not being a whingeing lightweight to be highly critical of a team that is composed of players Drummy brought to the club, which has played so poorly for virtually the entire season, that has not progressed at all and which plays without flair, tactical awareness or passion. It's just being objective and realistic.

If we had deteriorated recently having played well, and in an entertaining manner for most of the season you might have a point, but those are not the facts I am afraid.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reigatered wrote:
If we had deteriorated recently having played well, and in an entertaining manner for most of the season you might have a point, but those are not the facts I am afraid.

I think if the season had ended at the 3/4 stage I would have been more than happy... that is the best fight I can offer at the moment... I'm running out of ammunition Confused

Ps. You are not a whinging lightweight, you articulately present a reasoned valid argument.

Last edited by thad on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im far far from defending the dummy but we have useless coaching and no real proper scouting like when the great Steve Evans was in charge. You dont need sacks of money to build a team capable of competing at level required other clubs manage but we need look also beyond the dummy what are club marketing and other revenue streams like? As for the dummy another embaressing performance like that and how long before the boos turn onto him. Can he stomach the protest and so on? Prematch remarks he takes no responsibility and really the results speak for themselves. He cant escape that and yet he still peddles same old stuff post match. Enough in enough we dont even play passing football any more. Its not entertaining and its not acceptable.
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is that, whilst it isn't particularly enjoyable to watch season after season, we are performing in line with the size of our club and our budget.

For us to be performing as serious play-off contenders would be a massive overachievement, so why do some treat it as if it's some sort of divine right? The latter third of our season has been disappointing but that shouldn't detract from signs of encouragement in the first stages of it. There have been some decent results and despite what some will claim, some good football. We have a platform to build on once we have secured safety this year, and Drummy should be given a chance to do it.

It is after all his first season as a first team manager in a league that's completely alien to him. I'm sure he has learnt his lessons and should be given the opportunity to build on earlier promise to get us a top half finish next season.

Ultimately if we keep sacking our manager after one season, desperately hoping for a miracle, we are likely to keep being in the same position every year and eventually will get unlucky and go down.[/i]
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD simly hasn't done enough, his stubbornness playing the same under performing players week in week out proves he has no idea what his best 11 is

he struggles to change tactics yesterday was a prime example, struggles to make any decent and meaningful subs again proved yet again yesterday

his lack of knowledge at this level is evident and all those Chelski youth players were a complete waste of time.

Any manager who can't get the best out of key players like Cox, Murphy, Smith and others really shows he needs to go

If he is still manager next season i wont be paying out 360 to see us relegated knowing that a change of manager could have kept us up
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
If he is still manager next season i wont be paying out 360 to see us relegated knowing that a change of manager could have kept us up

Interesting... but we aren't going to sign Conte and despite the fanfare, Pep has his fair share of critics... although Wenger might be available.. what I'm saying is that either way there are no guarantees... actually this fella said it more eloquently..
Red Army wrote:
Ultimately if we keep sacking our manager after one season, desperately hoping for a miracle, we are likely to keep being in the same position every year and eventually will get unlucky and go down.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:

Interesting... but we aren't going to sign Conte and despite the fanfare, Pep has his fair share of critics... although Wenger might be available.. what I'm saying is that either way there are no guarantees... actually this fella said it more eloquently..
Red Army wrote:
Ultimately if we keep sacking our manager after one season, desperately hoping for a miracle, we are likely to keep being in the same position every year and eventually will get unlucky and go down.
or keep the dummy and we WILL be relegated. Nothing this season suggests he can change never mind will!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its got worse the longer he has been in charge. No more please. Dummy out. The players have underperformed too but its the manager thats failed to lead us. An end of season lap of whatever would be an insult to supporters. Lets hear plenty of "Dummy out" ringing out all over the Broadfield on Saturday. The manequin MUST go.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Triple Red - Enough is enough, Drummy has to go.

Martin Allen is available,too.

DRUMMY OUT.

JTG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: