CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

HKP return.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: HKP return. Reply with quote

Just had a chat with my neighbour who's a West stand season ticket holder.He said the word on Saturday amoungst the crowd he sits amoungst was the return of Hong Kong Paul. Apparently hkp isn't happy with the lack of investment and direction the club is heading in under the turks.I immediately scoffed at the suggestion but my neighbour was adamant it's from a reliable source.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey - I thought I had spotted him and even said so before the match... shame I wasn't completely sure, otherwise I would have introduced myself. Rolling Eyes
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter if he's unhappy really as the current owners seem happy where they are and most fans seem happy with them.
Anyone interested in HKP's position could always ask him on Twatter - @ctfchongkong
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: HKP return. Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Just had a chat with my neighbour who's a West stand season ticket holder.He said the word on Saturday amoungst the crowd he sits amoungst was the return of Hong Kong Paul. Apparently hkp isn't happy with the lack of investment and direction the club is heading in under the turks.I immediately scoffed at the suggestion but my neighbour was adamant it's from a reliable source.

Well the direction we were heading in under hkp was towards the Conference. So I would pass on any offer to return. Whatever next - John Gregory to return as well?

However almost certainly it's b/s.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Erin made certain commitments on investment that haven't been full filled. I don't know what he put in this season but 10 percent increase on budget is widely quoted . what would that be 100k ?
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure its not Hong Kong Phoey Laughing
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Maybe Erin made certain commitments on investment that haven't been full filled. I don't know what he put in this season but 10 percent increase on budget is widely quoted . what would that be 100k ?

How would you know they haven't been fulfilled.

And how would HKP know they haven't been fulfilled. After all HKP wasn't exactly Mr Transparency was he....
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said maybe HKP may well know based on negociations and possibly contract terms. Erin got the club for minimal consideration to allow investment.
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I said maybe HKP may well know based on negociations and possibly contract terms. Erin got the club for minimal consideration to allow investment.

Nonsense.

Eren got the club for minimal consideration because it was in freefall and not worth anything (as in got no assets). HKP had got bored, was fed up with funding losses and we were headed for the Conference. Plus under Mr Dunford's leadership relations with supporters were at an all time low.

I doubt there are any contract terms that require particular investment.

I don't know why you keep pretending you are some well informed insider?
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not uncommon for sellers to stipulate investment requirements when the sale is merely a transfer of ownership. I believe HKP paid all fees from the transaction as well.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no doubt that HKP has a strong affection and attachment to our club and it's good that he now feels empowered & confident to be more public about it... and as a fan he is perfectly entitled to express any concerns he has about investment.

Whether the owners appreciate it is another matter...(?) dontknow

However, I have to be consistent here, I've never been bothered about the feelings of the club owners - whoever they are or were - when voicing my opinions... all fans should feel able to openly air their views, that is a healthy state of affairs and hopefully the club will be receptive to constructive criticism.

As it happens, I think the current regime are doing a reasonable job and there is a decent basis for qualified optimism going forward.

Ps. When Mr Eren took over he may have had half an eye on Turkey's long-term prospects of joining the EU... the UK decision to leave it... must have generated a lively discussion or two within the camp...!
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason for qualified optimism? I don't think so. The team is very poor (just look at the league table) and it has not improved at all since the beginning of the season. Tactically we are predictable and na´ve, with an impassive manager who seems incapable of responding to the flow of the game.

We have decent players but they are seriously underperforming. Fans want to see good football, maximum effort, committed players and responsive management. All in very short supply I am afraid.

I am not a fan of 'The Project' as it stands and from all that I have observed this season.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reigatered wrote:
I am not a fan of 'The Project' as it stands and from all that I have observed this season.

I'd agree that it has stalled recently... but it IS worth looking at the league table, cos it shows more points than last season and until the last few weeks, delivered through better football... which IMHO is about all we could have realistically hoped for at the outset..(?)

And also you cannot separate the point you make that we have good players, without also giving the manager some credit for it... I'm not saying it is fantastic, it is all still a work in progress. However, I feel that we should hold our nerve and follow the course we have charted, wholesale changes carry their own risks.

On the subject of HKP, I reckon he has started to miss the buzz, particularly as he doesn't have to lurk in the shadows anymore.
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But a 'work in progress' must show significant steps forward over the course of a whole season surely? 50 or so games on I am not sure that the team is any better than it was at the beginning of the season. That is down to the manager.

We are only marginally better in terms of league position than last season and are clearly one of the worst half dozen teams in the division.

Maybe the football is a little better than last year, but only just, and that is from an exceptionally low base level. Be realistic, the club seems to be going nowhere at the moment and we seem to be completely reliant on there being at least two teams each year that are even worse than us - just in order to survive at this level.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that we have a foundation that we can build on for next season... Reigatered believes that the rate of progress this season, suggests that we should be looking to change things...

scratch

..both valid opinions under the circumstances, hey-ho at Crawley Town, nothing is ever easy..!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: