CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Plymouth Argyle matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X Isle
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan (Cheltenham Branch) wrote:
X Isle wrote:
The ref should've sent off McNerney about three times over for the elbow leading blows to Ryan Taylor's head before half time.

No different to what your huge lump of a substitute was doing when he came on. Lots of elbows there too so let's not pretend it was all one way.

And what about the wild lunge on Smithy early in the game that wasn't deemed worthy of a free kick?

X Isle wrote:

But hey, Carey gets a booking for being annoyed with himself scratch

If you've seen Toner before like we have in the cup replay at Bristol Rovers you'll know that is his style. Let all sorts of stuff go then suddenly pick up on something trivial that he sees as a challenge to his 'authority'.

Garita is big and cumbersome, but he isn't dirty. McNerney's assaults first half were premeditated, not just leading with the elbow but directing the elbow with an additional movement towards the head. I've seen enough football to know the difference between a big lump with no co-ordination and a big lump making a co-ordinated and premeditated foul.

It looked like team orders to be honest, the tone was set from the very first leap for a high ball when Sarcevic looked like he'd been knocked out.

Not saying our players aren't capable of fouling, they are. But if you're referring to the tackle in the centre circle towards the grandstand your players follow up tackle saved any action against our player because it was far worse and he'd have had to take action against both.

Toner had a very poor game, an early marker of what was acceptable and what was an assault would've made for a better game all round. And quite what the lino on the West side was looking at when Collins grabbed our keeper on the deck I don't know. Very poor set of officials yesterday.
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collins sending off was kind of predictable as the game unfolded. After he had been booked he was quite fired up, and I, and others around me, saw another foul coming with the inevitable conclusion. It was an elbow and he had to go. What I don't understand is why Drummy didn't see all that and get Harrold on earlier. In my view really poor managerial judgement again, supplemented by the late and rather panicked use of substitutes.

The winning goal was down to Young. After Payne received the ball after the corner he had few options as we had everyone back as usual from their corner. Young was free, received a decent pass and made a real hash of his clearance, leading directly to the goal. His reaction afterwards said it all, it was nothing to do with the pitch.

I thought Young and Boldwijn had really poor games. Enzio has in fact been very, very ordinary for a long time and it surprises me how he comes to be selected for every game. Agree Blackman had one of his better games and it was very pleasing to see Matt Harrold looking fit and enthusiastic.
X Isle
Reserve team
Reserve team

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was expecting better from Boldwijn TBH, obviously I don't see many Town games but what I have seen I've been impressed. In Gary Sawyer you have a competent but aging and slow fullback, I though he would tear Gary a new one.

Blackman has become one of the by-words for just how poor we were post administration, a truly dreadful player when he was with us. That he was looking composed and effective to some extent yesterday was, to us, a further indication of how poor we were playing.
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X Isle wrote:
Red Army wrote:
Quite surprised by our home gate today, 1900 fans? We giving away hundreds of free tickets again or something?

Erm, I think I can explain that one.

Our allocation was initially sold as 'one ticket per membership'. Fine while terrace tickets were on sale but once the terracing sold out seating was the only option. Non membership fans wanting to hook up with their mates would've probably gone incognito and gravitated to the home sections.

Do you think there would have been more than 100 odd?

Would be quite encouraging from our perspective if we're still pulling in 1800/1900 odd with nothing to play for and a string of shocking home results. Suppose the weather helps.
X Isle
Reserve team
Reserve team

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's entirely possible. Economics 'down home' through the decades mean we have a wide diaspora, especially in the South East. London(ish) fixtures always get a big turnout and with promotion visible on the horizon those unable to get tickets from the club would've 'found a way'.

Might not explain all of 'em though, as you say there's the weather plus a number of London teams weren't at home and I know having lived in Crawley how much 'second team syndrome' is a factor.
ukredz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the team finally decided to turn up for once, thought we were really good yesterday, Clifford especially was excellent, for me he should be playing every game. It was awful management not to sub off Collins because Friday is now a must win and we don't have our best player for it.
Pains me to say it but Connolly was awful yesterday and hasn't be good for months, don't like saying it because he clearly cares about the club but feel like Joe Mac and Yorwerth should be our first choice pairing.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X isle: I enjoy your posts but I will disagree about McNerney and Connolly leading with their elbows. I actually thought the battles between your forwards and our defenders were taken beyond what is acceptable by Ryan Taylor. He was definitely throwing elbows and studs around and reactions (one reaction really should have seen red) were always going to come.

The clash in the first minute or so was not an elbow in any way shape or form. From my lifted position it appeared to be an innocuous coming together made painful by a head clash.

Some of your defenders need to look at themselves if the fall over the way they do every week. Collins is known for being a hard player but is not dirty. If they were really hurt by his non flying elbows they need to toughen up.

Oh that clash where Smith was hurt. Your player should have been booked. Our player should have been sent off.

Jim Baker
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
More bizzare than that was the referee having a word with Drummy, I don't think I've ever seen or heard the bloke get angry or aggressive, he's got to be the most laid back manager I can remember us having.

Pay attention, Drummy kicked the ball away to delay the throw in, hence the word from the referee.
Crawley001
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X Isle wrote:
I was expecting better from Boldwijn TBH, obviously I don't see many Town games but what I have seen I've been impressed. In Gary Sawyer you have a competent but aging and slow fullback, I though he would tear Gary a new one.

Blackman has become one of the by-words for just how poor we were post administration, a truly dreadful player when he was with us. That he was looking composed and effective to some extent yesterday was, to us, a further indication of how poor we were playing.

Enzio can be the most frustrating player in the league or one of the best. I'm not sure if it's a confidence thing but he sometimes hides away from the ball. All he needs to do against most full backs is knock it past them and run but he doesn't do it enough. When he does he can be unplayable at this level.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enzio always looks like he has another yard of pace in him but never seems to fully expend himself

It is probably just his posture or gait but another bit of speed there could make him something really special
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
Alex BH wrote:
More bizzare than that was the referee having a word with Drummy, I don't think I've ever seen or heard the bloke get angry or aggressive, he's got to be the most laid back manager I can remember us having.

Pay attention, Drummy kicked the ball away to delay the throw in, hence the word from the referee.
i think thats very harsh .....his ability to kick a ball is as poor as his ability to manage football.

And..... well spotted ref as no one usually moves the manequin for the full 90 minutes.....just a pity the ref didnt pay more attention to the players on the pitch. He failed to take control of the game.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Alex BH wrote:

i think thats very harsh .....his ability to kick a ball is as poor as his ability to manage football.

And..... well spotted ref as no one usually moves the manequin for the full 90 minutes.....just a pity the ref didnt pay more attention to the players on the pitch. He failed to take control of the game.

Could have been worse...he could have kicked it to Lewis Young...
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Alex BH wrote:

Could have been worse...he could have kicked it to Lewis Young...

Shocked Embarassed
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Plymouth fans got the result they deserved... unlike their players who didn't do enough to earn a win without our complicity... yes, they were strong & streetwise and knew how to work a weak set of officials.. but they did not really offer a lot else... has Glenn Morris had less to do in any other game this season..?

Quite a few good individual performances, I thought Kaby was bossing it and was the last player I'd have taken off. We looked really good in the first half, the penalty was avoidable, but the combination of the sending off and the substitutions was too disruptive. However we should have got at least a point.

We were brave but too naieve. Payne bottled it, he should have rolled the ball forward into the vast area of no-mans-land and given us a chance to keep them pegged down and use up the seconds. But it was a half-decent fighting display from our lads and we need to take a few lessons away from it..!

ps. Well done Crawley fans for adding to the noise & atmosphere, there weren't many of us but we played our part too.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
rubyred wrote:
Lose Friday and Newport win at home to Yeovil, my pre season prediction isn't looking far off and we are in a relegation battle. With no Collins as well, things aren't looking good.

You love it when we lose. Shocked

We're safe and I'll happily give you a 50 wager if you're that confident we're still in trouble and will be relegated.

I've tried Peter. I even told him/her to name their own odds, but they just ignore it.

All mouth and no trousers. Doesn't have the balls to back up the *beep* they spout.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: