CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Drummy out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allanp wrote:
Normally I feel duty bound as a supporter of Crawley Town FC to be supportive of the manager/coach, whoever he may be, as negative vibes from the terraces inevitably reach the team and affect performances on the pitch but I am finding it increasingly difficult to be a supporter of DD.

1. Collins playing alone up front for virtually the whole season.

2. Plenty of midfield possession but not many shots at goal.

3. Not being willing or able to press home our advantage when 3-0 up against the worst team to visit Crawley this season.

4. Time wasting when 3-0 ahead.

5. Poor execution of set pieces (free kicks and corners) with the obvious exception of yesterday.

6. Not much movement off the ball and not much excitement during matches. Frankly I am finding them a bit of a bore and recent home performances have driven away most of our casual supporters.

DD promised before the Orient match that the team would be more attacking but that did not happen, why not?

Now that we are virtually safe from relegation is it too much to ask that the team play more attacking football for the rest of the season. We can't do worse than we have in recent matches, can we?
he is only interested in his wn skin 3-0 looks good on paper he coudnt give a *beep* what fans want
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For pity's sake, we won 3-0 and still some have a moan.
3-0 win. Job done.
Not relegated in spite of being favourites for the drop. Job done.
Stabilised for now. Kick on a bit more over the next few seasons.
allanp
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes 3-0 but a mediocre team performance against one doomed to relegation.

Apart from the goals there wasn't much to get excited about.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
3-0 win. Job done.

I think you are missing the point.

At 3-0 up the game was over by h/t. So we had a chance to put on a display, some entertainment for the crowd, and try and score 4 or 5.

Instead we basically wasted time and barely had an effort on target.

Let's be serious here, the Orient squad was packed with kids with less than 20 games supplemented by a few journeyman. They will struggle in the Conference with that team. Don't try and pretend this was some 'against the odds' victory.

That's why people are disappointed.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm assessing the strength of our squad, I'd say the stand-out issue is that we have too many similar style players which restricts our options to mix it up.
In addition those players tend to be ball players who operate best with a bit of time & space that they don't usually get unless there is a ball-winner nearby.
Lastly, we overplay on occasions, I've seen one of our players backheel the ball straight to the opposition so many times this season, that I'm wondering if he has placed a spread-bet on it..?
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
3-0 win. Job done.

I think you are missing the point.

At 3-0 up the game was over by h/t. So we had a chance to put on a display, some entertainment for the crowd, and try and score 4 or 5.

Instead we basically wasted time and barely had an effort on target.

Let's be serious here, the Orient squad was packed with kids with less than 20 games supplemented by a few journeyman. They will struggle in the Conference with that team. Don't try and pretend this was some 'against the odds' victory.

That's why people are disappointed.

Not sure where I called it an "against the odds victory", but feel free to make it up as you go along Smile .
3-0 up at half time with nothing to play for this season. To me that makes the second half more about avoiding injuries and cards.
Maybe I'm looking at it more from a manager's perspective than a supporter's. We might have won that 6-0, but if it had meant a player or two being crocked for a few weeks, I'd rather take 3-0 and hold back in the second half.
No right or wrong here, I think. Just differing perspectives.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newport was final straw including yorworth the liability red carded noone should lose to that *beep* team the manequin has to go. Dummy out
colin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is an out for me just not good enough at this level I'm afraid
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defence of the constant chop and change doesnt wash...he is clueless....and incapable...give him ten tears and he would have us playing Oakwood and Pease Pottage...in the league! Time wont change anything for the manequin. Its the manner of loss fans cannot will not accept. Dummy out...join in the chants Saturday!
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's done OK but I think we need something different. Drum my shows no passion or fight and to many times this year we have lacked the passion or fight.

The nail was hammered in the coffin during the Portsmouth match. I have never seen such pathetic cowardly tactics and I new then he wasn't taking us anywhere.
Crawley001
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Owner has a project and I believe Drummy is an important initial part. As fans we can focus too much on just what is happening on the pitch and not the bigger picture. Drummy has extensive knowledge of youth football and I believe was brought here to help rebuild that side of the club. Given a limited budget we couldn't afford Drummy and a manager so he fills both roles.

I expect he'll be given another year to put these foundations in place and if he keeps us safely in the league I think he'll keep his job over these two years. Once this base is set up though, I think more will be expected of him and he will become more replaceable, especially if improvement isn't shown.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the second time I've given up on the team before the end of the season.I make no appogies for my decision ,it's my time and money to do with what I will.Im not an idiot or football blind either.I know what half decent players at this level should be capable of and can see with my own eyes negative tactics set up by the manager.I also know if I'm bored after half hour and can't believe many of these players get paid for what I'm watching.
Thing is ,you can't expect to keep people interested when this is what's offered. IT'S easy to get wheened off gradually then to suddenly stop.Unfortnuatly the wheening for many has occurred over the last 2 seasons and before you know it you're checking the results about 5 o'clock because your totally wheened.
ukredz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man is clueless he has to go
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspiration and motivation are not DDs strong points.

Whilst efffing and blinding from the technical area does not win matches, standing in stony silence hardly motivates any one.

Bring back the best manager we have ever had in our long history, Big Steve Evans !!!

He eats what he likes, he eats what he likes, big Stve Evans ......
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
Inspiration and motivation are not DDs strong points.

Whilst efffing and blinding from the technical area does not win matches, standing in stony silence hardly motivates any one.

You are spot on with this. Just forget your obsession with getting Evans back. It lessens the effect of what you are saying.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: