CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Leyton Orient matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
John The Gas
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 1977
Topics: 85
Location: Sunny Horsham

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:
Last time we scored 3 at home in 1st half was last season against..............
Orient


Funny, I thought we scraped a 1-0 win?


JTG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Last Visit: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1620
Topics: 50

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
backofthenet wrote:
Last time we scored 3 at home in 1st half was last season against..............
Orient


Funny, I thought we scraped a 1-0 win?


JTG


3-2 (I think). Played against 10 for second half and still made hard work of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 7740
Topics: 332

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaby got hauled off again! What does the kid have to do to stay on the for the full 90? Did anyone else in the ground think that Smith was having a better game?

Well done to the team though. We did what we had to do and all but guaranteed League football once again.

I find some people hilarious. Even at 3-0 with Newport losing the bloke behind me still said "We need to be careful we don't get sucked into a relegation battle." Some people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Kaby got hauled off again! What does the kid have to do to stay on the for the full 90? Did anyone else in the ground think that Smith was having a better game?

Well done to the team though. We did what we had to do and all but guaranteed League football once again.

I find some people hilarious. Even at 3-0 with Newport losing the bloke behind me still said "We need to be careful we don't get sucked into a relegation battle." Some people.


Kaby took a knock in a tackle about 3 mins before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 7740
Topics: 332

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Kaby got hauled off again! What does the kid have to do to stay on the for the full 90? Did anyone else in the ground think that Smith was having a better game?

Well done to the team though. We did what we had to do and all but guaranteed League football once again.

I find some people hilarious. Even at 3-0 with Newport losing the bloke behind me still said "We need to be careful we don't get sucked into a relegation battle." Some people.


Kaby took a knock in a tackle about 3 mins before.


I saw that. He seemed to be running freely though and seemed very disappointed to come off.

He's one of our better players, we need to keep him sweet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Red Army
First Team
First Team


Joined: 04 Jul 2007
Last Visit: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 1389
Topics: 26
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Simon wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Kaby got hauled off again! What does the kid have to do to stay on the for the full 90? Did anyone else in the ground think that Smith was having a better game?

Well done to the team though. We did what we had to do and all but guaranteed League football once again.

I find some people hilarious. Even at 3-0 with Newport losing the bloke behind me still said "We need to be careful we don't get sucked into a relegation battle." Some people.


Kaby took a knock in a tackle about 3 mins before.


I saw that. He seemed to be running freely though and seemed very disappointed to come off.

He's one of our better players, we need to keep him sweet.


Alongside Collins he's probably our best player. Not sure Drummy is his biggest fan though, always first to be dropped or subbed!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.T.
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 09 Sep 2008
Last Visit: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 552
Topics: 13
Location: The mud bank.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Simon wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Kaby got hauled off again! What does the kid have to do to stay on the for the full 90? Did anyone else in the ground think that Smith was having a better game?

Well done to the team though. We did what we had to do and all but guaranteed League football once again.

I find some people hilarious. Even at 3-0 with Newport losing the bloke behind me still said "We need to be careful we don't get sucked into a relegation battle." Some people.


Kaby took a knock in a tackle about 3 mins before.


I saw that. He seemed to be running freely though and seemed very disappointed to come off.

He's one of our better players, we need to keep him sweet.
we also need to keep him fit, he may well have been disappointed and yes smith was not as good as him but players always want to stay on but that is when the management team have to make the best decision for all concerned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.T. wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
He's one of our better players, we need to keep him sweet.
we also need to keep him fit, he may well have been disappointed and yes smith was not as good as him but players always want to stay on but that is when the management team have to make the best decision for all concerned.

Whatever the case - and there is no point taking risks with a player's health when you are winning comfortably - it was clear that we lost our drive without him... he seems to be the one who sets the tempo and is becoming increasingly important to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Mr.T. wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
He's one of our better players, we need to keep him sweet.
we also need to keep him fit, he may well have been disappointed and yes smith was not as good as him but players always want to stay on but that is when the management team have to make the best decision for all concerned.

Whatever the case - and there is no point taking risks with a player's health when you are winning comfortably - it was clear that we lost our drive without him... he seems to be the one who sets the tempo and is becoming increasingly important to us.
got tackled rather easily during match.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've persuaded me RR&R... he is *beep*... get rid Surprised

In fact, lets just throw everything away, get rid of the entire lot of them and just start again... and again... and again.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 5545
Topics: 70
Location: BW Stand

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaby is great..............he makes Dean Cox look tall Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
You've persuaded me RR&R... he is *beep*... get rid Surprised

In fact, lets just throw everything away, get rid of the entire lot of them and just start again... and again... and again.. Rolling Eyes
yes start again dummy the manequin has failed. It was a gamble a foolish punt. Now get a proven manager in and then we can grow again but a ddcent scouting and coaching system must also be in place. Our current coaching is pathetic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:
You've persuaded me RR&R... he is *beep*... get rid Surprised

In fact, lets just throw everything away, get rid of the entire lot of them and just start again... and again... and again.. Rolling Eyes
yes start again dummy the manequin has failed. It was a gamble a foolish punt. Now get a proven manager in and then we can grow again but a ddcent scouting and coaching system must also be in place. Our current coaching is pathetic.

C'mon, You'd change everything three times a season, you're stuck in a loop.

It's not like we've never tried the experienced manager route before.. last season we had an experienced manager in Yates and an experienced player in Barnard... sometimes experience isn't all it's cracked up to be.

If coaching is about improving the talent you have, then I reckon the evidence of the progress of a few players from last season to this season is generally favourable...?

But hey-ho, who cares about evidence, lets just start again..!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:
You've persuaded me RR&R... he is *beep*... get rid Surprised

In fact, lets just throw everything away, get rid of the entire lot of them and just start again... and again... and again.. Rolling Eyes
yes start again dummy the manequin has failed. It was a gamble a foolish punt. Now get a proven manager in and then we can grow again but a ddcent scouting and coaching system must also be in place. Our current coaching is pathetic.

C'mon, You'd change everything three times a season, you're stuck in a loop.

It's not like we've never tried the experienced manager route before.. last season we had an experienced manager in Yates and an experienced player in Barnard... sometimes experience isn't all it's cracked up to be.

If coaching is about improving the talent you have, then I reckon the evidence of the progress of a few players from last season to this season is generally favourable...?

But hey-ho, who cares about evidence, lets just start again..!
i said the manequin was risky gave him a chance but he has failed miserably thats a fact. I didnt appoint him but i backed him gave him my support but at the end of the day he either wont or cant change. Keep the dummy and we will join Newport and boring orient next season or very soon thereafter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
...gave him a chance but he has failed miserably thats a fact.

NO - it is an opinion - we have already accrued more points than last season, THAT IS a fact..!

Red, Red & Red wrote:
I didnt appoint him but i backed him gave him my support but at the end of the day he either wont or cant change. Keep the dummy and we will join Newport and boring orient next season or very soon thereafter.

Precisely... you set an unrealistic short-term expectation and then whinge like an infant when it is not met... and repeat the cycle ad nauseum... lightweight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit