CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Leyton Orient matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orient were most likely the worst team we have played this season and the worrying thing is that er are not much better than them....cant say we really dominated them and left with others with 10 minutes left as bored buy that stage . Kaby was best player on pitch but was subbed after 60 odd minuites . Cant belive we are only a few games from the end of the season and dermott still dont know his vfirst choice squad. An un convincing victory, nothing to shout about.....
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first Reds game I've watched in 2017 and to be honest it was pretty poor.

We got the three headers against the run of play IMO and didn't create much else in the first half.

Orient were very poor and it frustrated me that we didn't really go for the jugular after the break and look to end the game with four or five goals, rather than opt for a more conservative approach - did anything happen at all in the first 20 minutes of the second half?

Was Blackman injured? If not, what was the point in bringing Lelan on, when Harrold needs the minutes under his belt? After all, let's face it, Cox was always going to get game time today.

Speaking of Harrold, surely DD won't play him next week either from the start or off the bench on Newport's pitch? Another game down for MH as he looks to earn a deal for next season with us.

Of players to take of them, Semedo did okay and I was impressed with Kelly in the middle of the park - reminded me of a more mobile Simon Walton.

Was the game really a 3-0? Not on the balance of play, in my view. Orient were dismal and we were only a shade better. Amazingly, we're only 11 points off the play-offs. Shocked

Last edited by Warren on Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
The first Reds game I've watched in 2017 and to be honest it was pretty poor.

We got the three headers against the run of play IMO and didn't create much else in the first half.

Orient were very poor and it frustrated me that we didn't really go for the jugular after the break and look to end the game with four or five goals, rather than opt for a more conservative approach - did anything happen at all in the first 20 minutes of the second half?

Was Blackman injured? If not, what was the point in bringing Lelan on, when Harrold needs the minutes under his belt? After all, let's face it, Cox was always going to get game time today.

Of players to take of them, Semedo did okay and I was impressed with Kelly in the middle of the park - reminded me of a more mobile Simon Walton.

Was the game really a 3-0? Not on the balance of play, in my view. Orient were dismal and we were only a shade better. Amazingly, we're only 11 points off the play-offs. Shocked
its a massive eleven points as thetes half the the league between us andv play offs considering the pathetuc std of this league the manequin has failed consistently this season.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperRedDevils wrote:
thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
..they havnt had a single attempt on target,Morris is a spectator...

Really - I saw Morris make two great interventions in a last-ditch sweeper-keeper role and one fabulous save when one-on-one... it is very easy to overlook his brilliance...!

R, R & R is right, they didn't have a shot on target. Of course keepers have other things to do and Morris does it brilliantly, the most composed keeper we have had for ages.

On a point of semantics... RR&R actually posted "..they havnt had a single attempt on target"... there is a subtle - but significant - difference between the two comments. Surprised
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz wrote:
Orient were most likely the worst team we have played this season and the worrying thing is that er are not much better than them....cant say we really dominated them and left with others with 10 minutes left as bored buy that stage . Kaby was best player on pitch but was subbed after 60 odd minuites . Cant belive we are only a few games from the end of the season and dermott still dont know his vfirst choice squad. An un convincing victory, nothing to shout about.....

Kaby was injured in an awkward tackle about 3 minutes before.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCrawley1 wrote:

Personally thought It was one of blackman better games.

I agree - in fact he was my MOM. He made two telling last ditch challenges in the first half before we scored...And it was his quick thinking that gave Enzio the chance to score the third and completely kill off Orient.

I'm struggling to think of another player that had that many interventions in the game with real results on the end of them.

But Hey - Blackman's a target for a few fans because he has had more than his fair share of rubbish games so we tend to overlook when he doesn't have one
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
PCrawley1 wrote:

Personally thought It was one of blackman better games.

I agree - in fact he was my MOM. He made two telling last ditch challenges in the first half before we scored...And it was his quick thinking that gave Enzio the chance to score the third and completely kill off Orient.

I'm struggling to think of another player that had that many interventions in the game with real results on the end of them.

But Hey - Blackman's a target for a few fans because he has had more than his fair share of rubbish games so we tend to overlook when he doesn't have one

Ironically, it was Orient away when Blackman was sensationally *beep* and hauled off at half time, in what was one of the worst individual displays I've seen. Payne MOTM for me today. Two assists and a great ball in for Collins' goal.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
Payne MOTM for me today. Two assists and a great ball in for Collins' goal.

He can't have had a hand in all three goals - Enzio's was him and Blackman Wink
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
SuperRedDevils wrote:
thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
..they havnt had a single attempt on target,Morris is a spectator...

Really - I saw Morris make two great interventions in a last-ditch sweeper-keeper role and one fabulous save when one-on-one... it is very easy to overlook his brilliance...!

R, R & R is right, they didn't have a shot on target. Of course keepers have other things to do and Morris does it brilliantly, the most composed keeper we have had for ages.

On a point of semantics... RR&R actually posted "..they havnt had a single attempt on target"... there is a subtle - but significant - difference between the two comments. Surprised
technically youre right Thad i apologise i meant shot not attempt
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we performed like that against any other team in the league, we probably would of got beat. Still, 3 points is what we needed and we got it. Job done!
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd to be sniffy about a 3-0 win.

I think all but the most blinkered realise that we are not very good. We also have a habit of going side ways. Still it's three more points to safety and hopefully plans are in place for better things next season.

Jim Baker
one touch footie
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were far from good & they were truly woeful.
I was impressed with their CM no.15...rangy fella, good passer, got around the pitch & always available...something we could do with.?

I maybe slow off the mark..but did notice the scoreboard had been given a new bit of software that allowed it to show the substitutions..??
Maybe the same treatment could be afforded to the ticketing machines.?
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we better than last season - we already have more points, so yes.

Do we need to improve - yes, no doubt about that.

People calling for Drummy's head need to realise that this season is only one aspect of the club for the new owners. The first team will need to be complemented by a youth set up etc. This is where Drummy has expertise so let's postpone judgment until the club's infrastructure is in place. One area on which he should be assessed is in his ability to bring young players into the first team. Even when we did have a youth system, we didn't really bring people through in numbers.

Evans has never been one for bringing young players through, which is why he would be completely unsuited to managing us now. Gregory did so at Villa but was useless at our level and the system closed down in any case. Mark Beard has left Loxwood and could be a good person to support Drummy with running this side of things.
JB
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason Beard has left Loxwood is because he now has a full-time role at Brighton.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:
Mark Beard has left Loxwood and could be a good person to support Drummy with running this side of things.

He left Loxwood due to his work with BHA.

http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk.....-1-7859418
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: