CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Crewe Alexandra matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
The games against Orient, Newport and Cheltenham are becoming massive.

These three teams will be fighting for their lives. We need to show some fight.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There I was, waiting at the bus stop for the number 100 which unbeknown to me was on diversion, when a car stopped with two CTFC fans going to the game. They very kindly offered a lift which I accepted.

They offered a lift back which once again I accepted after which I said to them, if they see me at the bus stop again, please drive past.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does DD speak to the team at half time....he certainly didn't for last nights game and must have left it to Matt...if this is a regular thing it is wrong hairdryer moments can have a real impact on players.

Henderson...don't get it!
Full backs.....need 2
Midfield....need to player further up, not as a second line of four at the back

James Collins....please stay, must be gut wrenching when you run you whatsits off every game....would imagine someone will come in for him in the close season
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Simon wrote:
Really the only surprise is it was only 4....

And there's me thinking it was only 3... but you are right about everything else Simon. We made Crewe look like Bayern Munich.

Haha yes. We had lost interest by the end. As had many others as the West Stand (north) was deserted by the final whistle. I haven't seen so many people leaving early for a long time. Although to be honest the game was up with 25 mins left.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very disappointed with last night's performance. We lacked passion (apart from Yorwerth for a 15 minute spell in the second half), the players were not supporting each other, and workrate was low.

Earlier this season we could rely on Collins and Smith to be buzzing - this has gone.

Last night, when Young or Lelan got the ball, players were moving forward into 'good' positions to receive a pass. Unfortunately there was no one near the full backs to receive the ball and they were both played into trouble.

I see Enzio has continued with his jogging lessons - and he appears to be doing rather well at them.

The goals we conceded. The second and third we were torn apart, the first was a pure Darren Deadbrain moment. Only one person in the ground seriously thought that was a penalty.

What would I do? Play Bobson for Enzio, and make Enzio work for his place back. I would play Kabe and have him and Cox swapping wide and narrow to provoke movement. I would play Young at wing right back, three in the middle, and Blackman left wing back. We had no left footed player on the park last night - at least Blackman can use his left foot.

Two up front for me. Give them the service and they will score. Murphy in particular is getting into the swing of things - and he was shooting!

So the back three. Connolly (if fit), Garnett and McNerney. And my final midfielder would be Yorwerth. He does like to run forward and any mistakes there and we still have cover. (If Connolly is unfit Yorwerth to the back and Smiffy in the middle.)

No Payne or Henderson? What have they added? Not a lot in my book.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
i disagree. The first two listed are guaranteed wins to save DD neck.
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Andrew wrote:
i disagree. The first two listed are guaranteed wins to save DD neck.

Do you seriously think that there are such things as 'guaranteed wins'?

DD must be worried, if he worries about anything, that the full backing of the board is heading his way in the very near future
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
So the back three. Connolly (if fit), Garnett and McNerney. And my final midfielder would be Yorwerth. He does like to run forward and any mistakes there and we still have cover. (If Connolly is unfit Yorwerth to the back and Smiffy in the middle.).

Blimey Phil, I'd forgotten about Garnett, he must have trod on the managers dog at some point to be so completely overlooked

I feel I've done this one to death, but Yorwerth needs to play in the middle, his natural instinct is to seek the ball and win it... and he is pretty good at it... but you need to be more disciplined as a centre-back and I'm not sure you get the best out of him there..?

And why not see if Kaby fancies a try at fullback, what is there to lose..?

I've always defended DeeDee this season as I like his long-term vision, but he seems to be stuck in a rut, he tinkers rather than changes and there seems to be a lack of pride dominating the dressing room.... I'd like him to explain to me why I should continue to pay good money to watch that level of *beep* for the rest of the season..?
sloth
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every home match someone says it's the worst performance yet under Drummy. They just get worse. Before the penalty we reckoned we could have been 0-6 down already counting the good chances they'd had. At 50 minutes I thought of leaving. 50 bloody minutes. I didn't, but really shouldn't have wasted my time and money watching it. To Yorwerth, well done for your grit and energy, to Murphy 3 good goal attempts - well done.........I'm struggling now. Ah well, a nice trip to Fishopolis on Saturday.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD really should be worried if the loyal old timers like Thad are asking why they should attend! It's a vicious circle. Poor results - lower gates-less income- owner less interested- owner more absent-less money injected- worse players (is that possible)-poor results and so it goes on. It is unlikely to be the Conference this season, but it might be next season and if that happens- take a look at what's happened to Kidderminster.
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abject. Just when you thought you had seen the worst and plumbed the depths, along comes another pathetic home performance.

I don't know anything about Drummy's long term vision - all I can see in the distance is a National League fixture list, maybe not this season thanks to the like of Newport and Orient, but soon.

He must go. He has had nearly a year and the team is now worse than at the start of the season. Sterile, inflexible and failing tactics. Inability to change the style and pattern of play. Inability to get the best out of what is not an untalented squad. Misplace loyalty to consistently failing players. I could go on.

Felt sorry for the players like Connolly, Collins, Morris and Yorworth who clearly feel it. Both full backs were absolutely abysmal. If Young is to stay it has to be wide midfield. Midfield as a unit is totally ineffectual. Smith is a decent fellow and good clubman, but we will not progress with him as captain and a permanent feature in the side.

It's a very, very hard watch at the moment, and season ticket sales could be massively hit if there is no managerial change in the summer.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
DD really should be worried if the loyal old timers like Thad are asking why they should attend!.

Ask anyone Mustapha, I am always irritatingly full of positive energy... it drives people bonkers... but it was totally drained from me last night... where's the pride, these guys are meant to be full-time paid professional league standard footballers... our lads from the Southern league would never have rolled over so timidly..!
ElTel
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With what we have available I would like to see.
Smith, Connely, McEnery, Blackman.
Cox, Kaby, Payne, Henderson.
Murphy, Collins.
In a 4 4 2 setup we would have two left footers for better balance and I to feel Henderson is a much more invoved player this time around and I'm hoping for more from Cox on the right side if not Young or Bobson could step in.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubyred wrote:
Relegation is more likely by the week. Very very very poor today again. It was totally embarrassing.

So are you Smile

I'll give you odds on us being relegated. What do you want?
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
I feel I've done this one to death, but Yorwerth needs to play in the middle, his natural instinct is to seek the ball and win it... and he is pretty good at it... but you need to be more disciplined as a centre-back and I'm not sure you get the best out of him there..?

He is never a centre back in a million years.

Almost guaranteed to make at least one mistake a game as he showed last night when he was responsible for the second goal.

Almost guaranteed to get booked too - 6 of his last 8 games.

As far as a ball winner in midfield, well for me Djalo is miles ahead, I fail to understand why he is sat on the bench.

I think the most likely outcome is DD will let him go at the end of the season.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: